Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

*Veganism/ Vegetarianism (4* merged threads, so things can get confusing)

If you think that is somehow the right thing to do to a kid mate then you are possibly not a parent.

What sort of brain dead feck puts their own or anyone else's kiddie up on YouTube talking about a contentious issue for all the world to look at?

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I personally wouldn't

Contentious?

A rare display of humanity in this dark world I would say.

A person with true love in their heart, what a delight to see. This child can see beyond their own wants, beyond what a number here are capable of.

His mother brought to tears with such a display of purity, innocence, selflessness.

Why would you seek to tarnish that? (as with your posts)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

3,060 likes andpixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif 74 dislikes? (appears many more have been inspired)

Were you one of the few sorry souls to dislike?

Voted with my feet mate.

Post all you want as you want.

I'll not have to look at it.

Ignored.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I'm with White Wolf on this one. I thought it was a touching video. Wisdom from the mouth of babes. Ofcourse we'll have to see what happens when he gets really hungry. Still 2 out of my 3 kids are veggie.

• Like 2

It's the sheer risk potential that stunned me.

There are some truly sick puppies out there.

Why in the world would any responsible parent put their kid up on YouTube talking up one side of a contentious issue?

The kids school mates are sure to find it and rib the kid at very best.

The worst scenario is unthinkable.

Why would any parent run that risk?

And for what?

Diet!

FFS

No more from me here, as you can possibly tell; this one really irked me.

And I'm a veggie.

As for our chum's disgusting 'vomiting man' clip elsewhere today, that sealed the deal as far as ignoring him went.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

This one does contain some graphic images but also a very inspiring and heartfelt message.

Posting "Ignored" = ignoring? hm

Your sensibilities with not be missed.

I don't believe you are vegetarian, nearly every vegetarian post you have attempted to undermine GP.

Not sure what your agenda is.

You are not doing animals or others any favors.

You have attempted to tarnished what is something beautiful with your bizarre agenda/ world view.

"Cultivate Mindfully" hm? laughable

fact of the matter is, the body uses different enzymes to digest meat proteins vs animal proteins - so what that means is, you cant just go cold turkey and decide to be vegetarian - it WILL make you sick because your body will not be able to just up and switch over its enzyme production on command. had it happen to an ol drummer of mine back in the day when the vegetarian fad hit the scene, he got sick as shit and almost got mono before his doc said dude what are you doing to yourself, eat some damned meat and you'll be fine!

process needs to happen gradually otherwise you are asking for trouble.

• Like 1

I'm with White Wolf on this one. I thought it was a touching video. Wisdom from the mouth of babes. Ofcourse we'll have to see what happens when he gets really hungry. Still 2 out of my 3 kids are veggie.

I really am shocked at his response, exceptionally odd (from my point of view)

It's the sheer risk potential that stunned me.

There are some truly sick puppies out there.

Why in the world would any responsible parent put their kid up on YouTube talking up one side of a contentious issue?

The kids school mates are sure to find it and rib the kid at very best.

The worst scenario is unthinkable.

Why would any parent run that risk?

And for what?

Diet!

FFS

No more from me here, as you can possibly tell; this one really irked me.

And I'm a veggie.

As for our chum's disgusting 'vomiting man' clip elsewhere today, that sealed the deal as far as ignoring him went.

It would indeed be a sad thing if society beat that out of this kid

Joe, Steve-O doesn't get sick from "protein deficiency" ... the title is deceptive granted ... there really isn't such a thing as protein deficient as ... if you are eating ... everything has protein/ amino acids... even lettuce (2% protein per 100 grams) ... it is a play on a common misconception.

It is really a story about why Steve-O became vegan, he talks more about it here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-o/animal-cruelty_b_2927374.html

When coming from the Standard American/ Western diet some will go into a detox when wholesome nutrients are introduced into the body, fruits/vege will start to clean house... which if unprepared will shock their system a bit... just as the flu etc is the body trying to detox.

When your friend started to eat meat again he stopped the body from detoxification, rather than completing the process.

• Like 2

a lot of people get deficiencies if they skip meat. Like Zinc (which is actually in some veggies). I guess do your research first :D

or they start to lose testosterone...

its possible to do it right, but a lot of people go willy nilly and just stop eating meat without replacing it

• Like 2

Joe, Steve-O doesn't get sick from "protein deficiency" ... the title is deceptive granted ... there really isn't such a thing as protein deficient as ... if you are eating ... everything has protein/ amino acids... even lettuce (2% protein per 100 grams) ... it is a play on a common misconception.

It is really a story about why Steve-O became vegan, he talks more about it here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-o/animal-cruelty_b_2927374.html

When coming from the Standard American/ Western diet some will go into a detox when wholesome nutrients are introduced into the body, fruits/vege will start to clean house... which if unprepared will shock their system a bit... just as the flu etc is the body trying to detox.

When your friend started to eat meat again he stopped the body from detoxification, rather than completing the process.

which is why I included the bit about the enzymes. sure, if your "detox" is getting sick from lack of protein uptake until your body figures out that ok, I have no use for these enzymes here now and I need to boost these other enzymes.... *fart* (is your body telling you that it has run out of enzymes to digest those beans...)

not all "sickness" symptoms are merely "detox"...its not like my buddy never ate veggies and was an all meat & potatoes diet and just snap went vegetarian....he had a very well rounded diet that included plenty of vegetables, and after a week and a half, 2 weeks of no meat, he was so weak and shitting his brains out from not enough enzyme to process the body's requirement of protein from plant material...

gone within 2 days of eating meat, hello protein uptake.

10-12 years ago I blasted myself with protein to the point where I packed on 25 pounds of muscle (well, dont discount the weight lifting in that equation)...what you can absorb is absolutely important.

sure my buddy would probably have eventually gotten over it, but being on the precipice of mononucleosis...would it have been a wise decision to have kept going at that point? I dont think so.

(dr yang also mentions this in ymaa material ;) )

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 3

which is why I included the bit about the enzymes. sure, if your "detox" is getting sick from lack of protein uptake until your body figures out that ok, I have no use for these enzymes here now and I need to boost these other enzymes.... *fart* (is your body telling you that it has run out of enzymes to digest those beans...)

not all "sickness" symptoms are merely "detox"...its not like my buddy never ate veggies and was an all meat & potatoes diet and just snap went vegetarian....he had a very well rounded diet that included plenty of vegetables, and after a week and a half, 2 weeks of no meat, he was so weak and shitting his brains out from not enough enzyme to process the body's requirement of protein from plant material...

gone within 2 days of eating meat, hello protein uptake.

10-12 years ago I blasted myself with protein to the point where I packed on 25 pounds of muscle (well, dont discount the weight lifting in that equation)...what you can absorb is absolutely important.

sure my buddy would probably have eventually gotten over it, but being on the precipice of mononucleosis...would it have been a wise decision to have kept going at that point? I dont think so.

(dr yang also mentions this in ymaa material ;) )

I second this. 3 weeks of gas, bloating, sometimes runny poo, other times constipated...

I got a life to live, yo!

I was soon back at the butchers.

You can read my thread by searching "vegetarian" on here, I'm sure. Taomeow had a very good answer for all this eventually.

It's fascinating how I went from believing that I was channelling with animals and realising that I shouldn't be eating them, to then later do a bit of research on evolution and statistics of morality.

Amazing how self centred we can be when "trying" to be moral.

• Like 1

I really am shocked at his response, exceptionally odd (from my point of view)

I'm guessing your earlier post with the guy throwing up might have colored his reply to this one. I understand his concern about putting your kid on online (I'd seen the video before) but the kids about 3 1/2 or 4 y.o. I don't think there'll be much blow back from his fellow toddlers. Adults on the other hand, well, they're crazie.

• Like 2

Hm doubtful about the earlier post, he never watched it. He says he is vegetarian but I have only seen him post disparaging comments in relation to it, not sure what he is up to.

I don't think his position is relevant or reasonable personally in this regard.

anyway :)

what do you expect from a man who has snorted wasabi and dangled from a clothesline so that an alligator could eat raw meat from his diaper? :lol:

• Like 1

One would have to decide whether children are infallibly correct in what they think ,

to decide if they are supplying the opinion out of wisdom,

otherwise the ' wisdom ' of it, is a self fulfilling finding on behalf of the parents.

Ive saw a kid eat his own poop one time , Id hardly call that dietary wisdom.

They will also yank the tails of animals , scream in tantrums at the momentary removal of a toy,

and fear that a parent they cant see is literally GONE.

The kid appears innocent , and therefore cute

but he has already been bombarded with messages of socialization

he is in a process of coming to terms with fears about his own wellbeing and

has confusions about the behaviors of adults .

If he had always been exposed to animals as food rather than as talking playmates ,

the words out his mouth would be ones you wouldnt construe as "wisdom" .

( I also agree that putting kids pictures on the web isnt a good idea )

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this