Sign in to follow this  
Noontide

Maiden post from a spiritual seeker

I'm guessing this site got inspiration for its lovely name from The Dharma Bums, which seemed to me a coincedence to great to pass on. I found this site while searching for the spiritual benefits of celibacy. As you may have guessed, I've started a quest of semen rentention. It is something I've wanted to try for a long time, but it is also something difficult to pull off. What really pushed me into the effort, I'm 7 days into it, was reading The Dharma Bums, which also got me back into regular meditation.

Around the age of 20, I meditated regularly and researched different teachings. I went to a free lecture from people spreading the word of Sant Kirpal Singh and the mantra they give to people has stuck with me, although I never used the sound meditation. Anyway, I had some great breakthroughs right away with their teachings (and a touch of help from some hallucinogens from time to time). It all definitely helped me open my third eye.

As time will do, however, I strayed from the regular practice of meditation, although I certainly regularly put myself in a meditative state of mind in activities like playing music.

Now, I'm 37, and as I mentioned, getting back into regular meditation, and I hope a deep exploration of my spirituality. I have an indrotuctory knowledge of Taoism and Buddhism and would love to increase my knowledge. I also just want to interact with people who share a similar pursuit and have had similar spiritual experiences.

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums.

Celibacy is a subject much discussed on the forum and I am sure that you will find much to interest you here and you will also be able to seek advice should you so wish.

Before getting started please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Welcome Section and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

For the first week you will be limited to ten posts per day but after this period your posting will be unrestricted.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang and the Tao Bums Team.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this