manitou

On being a little Strange

My friends, are all just as unique as I am, but in very different ways :). I'm very fortunate.

OK so that's why we keep coming back to TTBs, I get it now...

• Like 3

My friends, are all just as unique as I am, but in very different ways :). I'm very fortunate.

OK so that's why we keep coming back to TTBs, I get it now...

You're lucky you're in a location where you have 'unique' friends with unique gifts. In my area, I've found a few that consider themselves 'Reiki masters' - and yet their egos override the gifts they have. It's quite hollow without the inner introspection, and not very effective.

It's so refreshing to speak with people like yourself, BKA - that are the real thing. I experience waves of gratitude for this site. I haven't been real active lately because a huge lightning bolt knocked out our electricity, my computer and printer, and our garage door opener. What a storm. The electrical activity around our house during storms is astounding. Sometimes i wonder if the fact that Joe and I are K-active doesn't have some sort of effect on that. Perhaps that's just ego speaking, lol.

• Like 3

Possibly someone up there confirming that it's time for you to move house Manitou.

:)

Glad to see you back on TTB and hope all is now well with those electrics.

Everyone's different but 'birds of a feather......'

Edited by GrandmasterP

But the best thing ever was emailed to me the other day. This is specifically what I want to share with you. It was just one of those jokes that gets forwarded around the internet.

And it said...."It's the cracked people that let in the light"

I think that is just grand. And it should make many of us feel a lot better, lol. For what it's worth.

Very good. Thank you for that.

I am afraid that it makes perfect sense that as you develop spiritually you will find fewer and fewer people on your wavelength. It is, alas, a simple fact of life as is the fact that fewer people will understand you. "The sage understands the fool because they were once foolish. The fool however fails to understand the sage because they have yet to be wise."

• Like 6

I enjoy it here, too. I have been on some strange forums, but this is where I feel I'm not the weird one. (Actually I'm weird, but so is everyone else on here) I never knew there were even people like me.

• Like 5

...and it's good to be able to open or close those cracks when or as needed. (until the light completely takes over)

• Like 4

You're lucky you're in a location where you have 'unique' friends with unique gifts. In my area, I've found a few that consider themselves 'Reiki masters' - and yet their egos override the gifts they have. It's quite hollow without the inner introspection, and not very effective.

It's so refreshing to speak with people like yourself, BKA - that are the real thing. I experience waves of gratitude for this site. I haven't been real active lately because a huge lightning bolt knocked out our electricity, my computer and printer, and our garage door opener. What a storm. The electrical activity around our house during storms is astounding. Sometimes i wonder if the fact that Joe and I are K-active doesn't have some sort of effect on that. Perhaps that's just ego speaking, lol.

I fully get that, it is difficult to find someone on a similar path, and even more difficult to find people who actually practice every single day! I fortunately always meet magical people everywhere I live, but then have to weed out a bit to the ones who are a good influence on myself instead of a bad influence ;). Actually our city is full of reiki masters who took a 4 day workshop LOL; I just use meeting them to help me overcome my judgementalness, it's hard, sooo hard lol.

That is what I like about the Bums too, there are practitioners on here where their practice is also the most important thing in their life :).

• Like 1

And it said...."It's the cracked people that let in the light"

Nice. Here's another one (not as funny and considerably darker) from Victor Frankl: "What is to give light must endure burning."

Liminal

• Like 6

Normalcy isnt steadiness normalcy hinders on uniqueness.

We all have a very unique nature.

Plus life with no spice is bland. Spice brings out certian qualities of what is already there.

Normalcy is the fear based illusion of the center.

To put it bluntly stillness is king.

Edited by JinlianPai

If you can get away with being strange, then you've won the war, but I think to rest in it means you've lost, especially if you're recognised for it.

'Favour and disgrace would seem to be equally feared; honour and great calamity to be regarded as personal conditions of the same kind'.13

And: 'The skilful masters (of the Tao) in old times, with a subtle and exquisite penetration, comprehended its mysteries, and were deep (also) so as to elude men's knowledge.' 15

If someone thought I was strange because I didn't talk much, but I knew I was 'obeying the spontaneity of [my] nature' in doing so I'd feel rest enough for the moment. If peole thought I was strange because I couldn't recall by how many seats did the new government win the election by; or if I didn't recall how many chromosomes an ameoba had, I would feel rest enough that I'd renounced learning superflous facts and could day to day reduce my doing. If I was thought strange because I didn't grieve my grandmother passing away in her sleep at the age of 95 I'd rest well in the belief that she was just returning to her root.

In all these (and more) I'd accept the reputation of being strange. This is 'shrinking back like wading through a stream in winter'. This is being 'irresolute like those who are afraid of all around them'. This is being 'vacant like a valley' and affording to seem 'worn and not complete'.

But if someone thought I was strange because I didn't value the 'nursing mother tao' then I'd really have to stop and think.

The grandest forms of active force
From Tao come, their only source.
Who can of Tao the nature tell?
Our sight it flies, our touch as well.
Eluding sight, eluding touch,
The forms of things all in it crouch;
Eluding touch, eluding sight,
There are their semblances, all right.
Profound it is, dark and obscure;
Things' essences all there endure.
Those essences the truth enfold
Of what, when seen, shall then be told.
Now it is so; 'twas so of old.
Its name--what passes not away;
So, in their beautiful array,
Things form and never know decay.

How know I that it is so with all the beauties of existing things? By
this (nature of the Tao).

• Like 4

If someone thought I was strange because I didn't talk much, but I knew I was 'obeying the spontaneity of [my] nature' in doing so I'd feel rest enough for the moment. If peole thought I was strange because I couldn't recall by how many seats did the new government win the election by; or if I didn't recall how many chromosomes an ameoba had, I would feel rest enough that I'd renounced learning superflous facts and could day to day reduce my doing.

I find it amusing to think that knowing how many chromosomes a life form has or how many seats an elected party occupies would be considered mainstream. Just goes to show how strange you are. Wear the strangeness with pride! :lol:

Perhaps we could have an election for the strangest Taobum of 2014? :P

I find it amusing to think that knowing how many chromosomes a life form has or how many seats an elected party occupies would be considered mainstream. Just goes to show how strange you are. Wear the strangeness with pride! :lol:

Perhaps we could have an election for the strangest Taobum of 2014? :P

So you're mocking me because I didn't suggest that peer pressure has to be mainstream? How many roads?...

Vote Honest GMP for 'Strangest Tao Bum'.

Put your Cross against " The Barking Party"

Our Manifesto Promises include....

Free enlightenment for all.

No tax.

Jam ( tomorrow).

Free slice of Mrs GMP's fruit cake for every voter.

Vote Early.

Vote Often.

You know it makes (no) sense.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP

So you're mocking me because I didn't suggest that peer pressure has to be mainstream? How many roads?...

No, I'm not mocking you. Please don't see it that way, it was more of a way to mock myself! I'm strange too, remember? :)

We're all strange here! Hoorayyyyyyy! :lol:B)

Edited by Anoesjka