ChiForce

The Bardo Yoga or the state of being in the Bardo...

Recently, I had a death in my family, not someone close emotionally. We are Chinese and so the family requested a bardo ritual (a short one) to be performed after the deceased has passed away for 3 days. I know the general principle and the idea behind the bardo ritual. My question is that.....how long the deceased consciousness stays with her body? What does it mean that the deceased has to go through various bardo bodies in order to find the right, suitable means to become reincarnated? Assuming the consciousness manages to find its ways to the next rebirth (due to past life karma and merit and etc), what would happen to the old body, or the original body?

It seems like people spend so much money on funeral services but to only realize the deceased consciousness would only stay with the original body for 49 days or being reincarnated depending which comes first. Once the deceased consciousness has been reincarnated, that's nothing left for the body. Somehow, the living, going to pay their respect before the grave site year after year. In reality, the deceased consciousness is no longer with us at all.

I know there are spirits that lingered in this world too and maybe by their own grave sites.

Edited by ChiForce

It's all about what the deceased person wanted for themselves. Think about how much it would suck if you were standing there watching people going against your wishes during those 49 fading away days...

The only spirits who hang around are those who get stuck for one reason or another.

Your Bardo ritual has been around long enough for it to probably work.

Zen in Japan is almost entirely subsidised by the funeral-ritual business.

Zen Temples still have a state monopoly on conducting funeral ceremonies and officially registering deaths.

Your departed relative is safe in spirit.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

So there you see how important it is, to get clean with everything in one lifetime. Completely reconnect and the most important thing: Be able to "die" and transition consciously! Nothing more beautiful at one point :)

Edited by 4bsolute