Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian

Your Favorite Visualizations ?

Hey All,

Any favorite visualizations that you use in your practice, to quiet down thoughts, or in times of need ? Here are some of mine.

1) Breathe in colors of rainbow and breate out dark smoke deep into the ground. Colors could be TCM organ colors (green, red, yellow, white, black) or the Tibetan elemental colors which are the same except the last one which is blue instead of black. You can breathe them in sequentially or all at once.

2) The Jar. To dampen down thoughts for a set period of time, imagine you are placing them into a Jar for later use. This makes you relax with the knowledge that you can deal with them later. If you need reassurance, you can take a thought from the jar, look at it for a bit, and place it back in the jar. Make sure to seal the lid.

3) Disappear. I open every session with this to relax. Imagine every body part from top to bottom disappears, becomes air. Do this three times.

4) Moon on Lake. One of the most beautiful visualizations I've come across, apparently they use it in some Chinese hospitals to calm patients.

5) Raccoon chews off central meridian (Edit: I regret, and had to edit this one, as it might be too dangerous for some)

6) Yours ?

Thanks,

Sebby

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 5

The 'visionary magic basics' lesson in the quareia course teaches visualising yourself stepping out of your body and walking around. Apparently that lays a foundation for interacting with other realms/beings and stuff like remote viewing.

The lesson 1 basic meditations involve visualising breathing in white smoke and exhaling grey smoke, visualising the left, central and right channels, and visualising fire in your centre.

The lesson 4 ritual involves visualising various gates and columns of fire and such.

All good fun. :)

• Like 2

All my meditations start by slowing down my heartbeat and breathing to around 2 breaths a minute.. 20-20-20 ... Or sometimes if I'm "yanged out", 10-10 works well enough.

I've had a few interesting external visuals... Vibrating shades of colours that don't exist. One very sharp image of a squiggly "O" rippling/waving from all angles.. Could be described as a mix between silver and blue ..but...more so Haha. Actually that was an "eyes open in the darkness" session.

I've got a few complicated internal ones that build up level by level to expand what I can fit in without losing the focus.

A recent one that I've started involves friction of the body against the energy of the outer world...that's a toughy to explain in depth. But it's like a force pushing against the skin ... Like gravity is intensified around you to form a shell..

• Like 1

Being a giant, with feet sunk into the ocean floor, the ocean waves flowing through my pelvis, my arms outstretched to the sky, painting rainbows.

• Like 3

The earth opens up, and I'm standing on a huge burner which spews out massive all-consuming violet or golden flames all around me. It fills the room from the ground upward and then spreads out to include the entire building. The flames amplify and become hotter and more intense every second, consuming all negative energy in its wake.

VioletFlame-Person.jpg

This is my go-to visualization, it's in my 'muscle'-memory and I use it automatically when in distress even in dreams. When something distresses me and gives me chicken-skin, I automatically open up the burner and surround myself with super-hot energetic flames.

• Like 2

A nice one that ive tried out that was suggested by a teacher is being inside a budded lotus flower, which slowly opens, revealing the western pure land and amitaba buddha standing in front of you, radiating golden light into your body or crown. Much soothing, such goodness :D

• Like 1

A nice one that ive tried out that was suggested by a teacher is being inside a budded lotus flower, which slowly opens, revealing the western pure land and amitaba buddha standing in front of you, radiating golden light into your body or crown. Much soothing, such goodness :D

Yep.

That one works.

"Namo Guan Shi Yin Pusa"

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I avoid all New Age craps. I used my white skeleton (then to my center channels)....when the right time comes, the nimitta will appear. If the nimitta is strong, I will switch my focus onto the light. If not, my mind goes between the weaker nimitta (third eye), the center channels, and my dan tien.

• Like 1

Here's a few other ones :

1) roots come out your soles, go deep into the ground and root you.

2) Dantian as a shining ball of light

3) central meridian as a column of light

4) soaring crane as a giant mushroom

• Like 2

What colour of mushroom?

haha, ok. But the visualization I described is dynamic and has a very functional aspect to it (and it's not new-agey at all). Think about the waves and where they're flowing, and the effect they have on the whole organism.

A similar visualization is the little sailboat anchored on the sea, gentle waves coming from behind, lifting the stern, then the bow, up to the crest of the wave. When the wave leaves, it sets first the stern then the bow into the valley... the waves are the breath, the boat is the pelvis, the mast is the spine, the keel and the achor chain are the legs, the achor is the soles of the feet...

visualizations are scary D:

very powerful though, the Egyptians would visualize the color of the energies and breath them in then sort of charge the areas of the body the color frequency corresponded to when breathing out.

A ping pong sized ball of colored light (golden, or else your choice), located in the sea of qi area, just forward of the center of the inside of the body. This is a simplified version of a pretty neat practice.

Visualizing a bodhisattva...I have simply visualized Green Tara's form, and it has some positive effects.

Another thing I do is visualize my ideal self...basically what my perfect body would look like if I had supreme health, what my actions would ideally be like, etc.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

Being the centre of the cosmos and everything being drawn into my hara.

Realising the relationship of size between me and the earth and lying on it and having the immensity of the earth 'at my back'.

Lying under stars and 'falling upwards' .

• Like 1

Thanks Sebastian. Feel especially inspired to try "Moon on Lake." Just the thing, I imagine, to bring me back to relative tranquility after spending too much time on the Taobums and Women thread. :blush:

Liminal

Bump - Here are a few news ones.

1) Visualize your 9 year old self, or the picture of the healthiest You coming to join you in your meditation, and merge with his body. You can do this part-by-part and imagine the organs healing and rejuvenating.

2) From Thich Nhat Hanh, because he's in the hospital and not doing so well at the moment. I always love these three:

* Breathing in I see myself as a flower, breathing out I feel fresh

* Breathing in I see myself as a mountain, breathing out I feel solid

* Breathing in I see myself as still water, breathing out I reflect all that is

Sometimes when I meditate outside, I'll begin with a visualization with from my waist down I am Earth with all its qualities, from waist to sternum (belly area) I am water with its nature, sternum to neck, I am air with its principles, neck up, I am electric awareness with its qualities.

I'll hold the imagery for a while then let it go. Its nice to do by the beach because you're reflecting the nature around you.

Sign in to follow this