Trunk

Clay Supplements

I swear by daily clay usage. The mineral supplementing action is tremendous. My teeth feel so much better, my mood is much more even (it's like Prozac), and my digestion is much more regular. I love the clays.

My faves are Terramin, Pascalite, and Redmond Clay.

Where do you get those? Link/s? What form do you take them in? How long have you been taking them?

Your post stuck in my memory from the initial read (you know how some things just do that), and I've recently done my 2nd colon treatment (report pending :) ) that included large doses of bentonite. My mood since that has been an almost surreal level of calm and I think it has partly to do with the bentonite. My initial impression is that it is very healthy for the kidneys (at least from a Taoist perspective). Calms and steadies the whole lower jiao. Seems that it does a whole bunch of things (general detox, colon-specific stuff, mood, mineral supplementation). Re: jing gong, most men's basic problem is not that they lack rev, but that they can't stop rev'ing - clay, at least at first glance, seems applicable to that. ... If it detoxifies, supplements, calms the lower jiao, all that (?), wow!, could be really helpful for many. Sounds like an important kidney tonic.

Any other references, resources, you'd recommend on clays? ... or further personal rambling thoughts on clay that you'd like to share? :)

~ later ~

btw, the bentonite that I used during my "colonblow + homebrew" is Sonne's (link); it's a liquid. The directions recommend taking 1 tablespoon twice a day for detox, and I took 4 tblsp twice during a 24 hr period. Seems that taking lower doses, on a semi-regular or regular basis, could be very healthy. ... Gee, like you're saying. :D

I've been taking the clay for the past few days now and liking it. Bowel movements are much better and thats good enough for me right now. I've been wondering tho if collodial minerals are to be preferred if you do it for the most effective mineral uptake. I am doing this to support my teeth which are in dire shape. Does anyone have experience with kollodial/chelated minerals?

I get terramin over at this site. Here's a hint--don't go cheap and get the stuff that's sold for animal use, if you buy the powder form. It doesn't taste as good. Probably you should get the tablets. They are easier to deal with than the dried powder, which does not taste great.

I also get pascalite fromthis site. I also recommend the tablets. It tastes better than the terramin, but the tablet form is easier. the Pascadent tooth powder is extremely finely ground, and it's what I recommend if you use the powder instead of tablets.

Finally, of course, I get Redmond Clay, which is easy to find. Jason Eyton's page is a good place to start for other clay links.

I hadn't had sex in 5.5 years this December. Prior to this year, I had a total of 2 sex partners. I had oral sex with several women over the last 2 years, but that's all. In early February I started taking the clays. IN two weeks, I had vaginal sex for the first time since 2001. Since then, I've had 3 more sex partners.

My only thought on this is that my long-term raw fruitarianism damaged my brain somehow, and made me so afraid that I couldn't function well in relationships. (I had terrible, terrible anxiety and panic attacks as a raw fruitarian. I could barely function.) Somehow, I have no idea, the clays brought me back. It didn't even take very much clay to bring me back. I wasn't taking it every day in the beginning, but the effects with women were almost immediate, in a couple of weeks.

As far as them being a kidney tonic, absolutely. I've read that the Chinese have clay deposits they use as well, although I've not seen clay mentioned prominently on any comprehensive herb list.

I recommend them highly. Animals are known to eat them as a mineral supplement, general healing agent, and to bind toxins in their food.

I've heard excellent things about Sonne's #7 from the Price-Pottenger folks, although I haven't tried it yet. Keith, if you try all of these compare them with the Sonne's, and post about your thoughts on the different effects between them. I'd be curious to see. The ones I eat are a lot cheaper than Sonne's, and that's why I haven't branched out beyond them.

Trunk and Agharta,

Thanks for unpacking the clay thing. What's the lower jiao? This subject is worth further experimentation on my part too.

Agharta, what sort of dosage do you take?

Yoda

The lower jiao is the lowest of the 3 parts of the Triple Warmer. It comprises the lower third of the torso, from the navel to the perineum.

My dosage will vary from day to day, but I take about 2-3 tablespoons of one clay on an empty stomach with water after waking up, then probably another 1-2 tablespoons of a different one right before bed, with water. I do much better if I have them on an empty stomach, but I hear with some people, it's the exact opposite. Sometimes I have eaten them dry, and let my spit wet them enough to swallow, but not as much anymore. However, for some people, eating them straight and dry is the best for them, according to at least one person I've spoken with on the Eyton's Earth yahoo group. That's a great starting place for any questions you have in a general sense, although some of the folks there are not quite as well-versed in Chinese medical theory, as far as I can tell. Shocking, huh? :lol:

Agharta,

On Eyton's page, I saw a reference to putting the powder under the tongue which instantly changes the aura around the feet as measured by Kirlian photography. Noticed anything along those lines?

Yoda

As I don't see auras unless I try, and I'm not usually looking at my feet, I couldn't say. :lol:

I also have never taken a Kirlian photograph of myself.

I'd definitely say it affects the aura, but what ingested substance wouldn't, to some degree?

Unfortunately, because the clays are so cheap and are not patentable, there's not been a lot of good research on their use. However, Redmond Clay was discovered by the Native Americans

"...Fremont Indians living in what is now rural Southern Utah once told tales of the healing properties of this clay deposit, which the legend holds was discovered when the natives noticed herds of deer frequently gathering to nibble at the soil around the deposit..."

Animals all over the world eat clay. Several bird species eat clay to bind the toxins in the nuts and seeds they eat, which are quite poisonous.

In Africa, even today, a brisk trade in termite mound clay goes on. Apparently, the termite mound clay has extremely high amounts of certain minerals, etc., and pregnant women take it as a nutritional supplement.

Agharta,

Wow. Thank you for the links, references, for the mention that brought this subject to the fore.

As far as them being a kidney tonic, absolutely. I've read that the Chinese have clay deposits they use as well, although I've not seen clay mentioned prominently on any comprehensive herb list.

There's a category in the Chinese herbal materia medica (link) of herbs that "anchor settle and calm the spirit" and they're almost all minerals of some sort (fossils, oyster shell, pearl, magnetite, etc), though no clay listed. They tend to have effects like "benefits yin and anchors floating yang", "clears heat", "settleing the spirit", and - of course - each acts a little different.

I think that the bentonite is doing a bunch of stuff. The one CM-like phrase that came to me about it is that it "clears fire poison". It leaches powerfully; put it in your mouth and you'll pucker .. I don't know that I'd want to take it every day... maybe the other clays are milder in some ways, or maybe the effect of is milder once I've gone through the first few treatments. I want to let this treatment run its course, and then take some oils (hemp, CLO, or etc) to balance out its leaching effect. Just my take on it at this early stage.

The clay is definately detoxing me beyond just a colon cleanse. I feel a deep detox going on in my whole lower body (kind of surprisingly not my upper body), both at a tissue level, and emotionally. I've been having a lot of dreaming, which I feel is a clearing of emotional history specifically having to do with lower body. Though I feel calmer during the day.

On Eyton's page, I saw a reference to putting the powder under the tongue which instantly changes the aura around the feet as measured by Kirlian photography. Noticed anything along those lines?

Lines up with what I'm experiencing as far as working on my lower body, but not really my upper. (Though I haven't felt anything really going on with my feet.) Clay, it's an Earth thing. :D

Trunk

"There's a category in the Chinese herbal materia medica (link) of herbs that "anchor settle and calm the spirit" and they're almost all minerals of some sort (fossils, oyster shell, pearl, magnetite, etc), though no clay listed."

Absolutely, although I've taken mineral supplements before and experienced a calm that is only 1/10 of what the clay brings me.

"I think that the bentonite is doing a bunch of stuff. The one CM-like phrase that came to me about it is that it "clears fire poison". It leaches powerfully; put it in your mouth and you'll pucker .. I don't know that I'd want to take it every day...."

I like to take it with lots of water. I think that probably makes it easier. Also, the calcium bentonites like Terramin and Pascalite are not sucking/drawing clays. They kind of just...hang out....and make you calm and stuff. They are great mineral supplements.

Man, I am so impressed.

Cat, my normal friends didn't find my discovery edifying, but I'm glad that the insight has been a hit with the bumz! Keep me posted!!

~~~

I'm not very energetically sensitive by taobum standards, but I can definitely feel something from the clay which is distinctive from just colonblowing and I'm happy that Trunk and Agharta have isolated this issue. This could be the kidney holy grail supplement that Trunk has been searching for for years now. It does make the kidney system more peaceful which could be a useful thing.

I have terramin on order, but I've been taking cosmetic grade calcium bentonite internally in the meantime. It's made in the USA so I think that should be plenty safe, but I'd be interested in what Agharta thinks about that. Also, mine is a calcium bentonite clay and it seemed to have a drawing effect in the whole colon department but it doesn't seem to be a problem otherwise.

I've seen footage of parrots eating clay to counteract nasty cyanide-like compounds in the nuts they eat.

There seems to be two issues: the detox effect which I'd imagine would be more powerful in the beginning and the nourishing effect that would also level off after awhile too.

Agharta, what's the word about long term use of clays? Cumulative benefits?

Trunk, nice work associating mineral sources to clay in Chinese medicine. I have found magnesium to be very relaxing.

I'm likewise impressed.

This could be the kidney holy grail supplement that Trunk has been searching for for years now.

Exactly.

The kind of bentonite (like Sonne's) that has the strong drawing power potentially could be the thing to remove stubborn toxic heat stagnation from the lower abdomen. On a powerful remedial basis. Honestly, that's my feel for it currently. A number of people have suffered horribly, long term, from that sort of situation - and I'm one of them. My situation was complicated by major illness by which I had major toxicity pushed into my tissues in a big way. I can feel Sonne's sucking out that toxicity, like nothing I've tried. ... Really, like almost no comparison.

The non-drawing kind could be useful on a more regular basis, more gradual restorative, maintainance. Gotta try 'em. I'm going to order terramin and pascalite today or Monday.

I'm curious about the differences, and want to learn more. I've put in an e-mail to join that yahoo group. If there's any other source that lays out the differences, Agharta, I'm all ears. Of course, gonna start experimenting. :)

And we should look out for contraindications, and potential needed balancing acts.

It does make the kidney system more peaceful which could be a useful thing.

Useful, yeah, like so spiritual aspirants who experiment with retention don't turn into sex addicts. :blink:

And you wouldn't have to be a fully accomplished kick-ass vajrayana just to do so ... it'd be, like, a slightly injured beginner shows up (like they do in droves, here) and we say, "just take this pill and you'll be fine" - and they are. F###!, what a relief that would be. Not that they wouldn't have more to learn and correct, but it's a drag to see people show up and I can see that they're on a slow-but-sure road down a ravine and off a cliff, and the chances of correction are so difficult.

Trunk, nice work associating mineral sources to clay in Chinese medicine. I have found magnesium to be very relaxing.

Worthwhile comparison, but if the other clays are anything on par with the bentonite that I took... wow.

We should snap off this clay stuff to a new thread.

*sends msg off to Sean*

~ later ~

In the mean-time, I'm going to resume taking Sonne's #7 bentonite, in the recommended dosage (1 tblspn, 2x/day) instead of the megadose that I took as part of a sup'd-up colonblow.

So I just picked up Sonne's #7 and will stick with that until my terramine stuff comes in, just in case my external use only bentonite is glitchy. #7 does seem to have a much stronger psychological effect.

Trunk and Agharta, have you ever experimented with the whole colloidal mineral thing? I've experimented with silver, to no effect. There was a recent thread about gold being very groovy. Just wondering if some/most/all the benefits of clay is that it's just a good way to deliver trace minerals like other forms of trace mineral supplements? Of course there is the whole detoxing 'pulling' benefits of clay... nice for an occasional colonblow, but probably not the driving force for what Agharta has experienced.

For my own life, I'm a cusp geminii born in the year of the monkey... so my life and practice is too all or nothing. I'm hoping that this can deliver more stability to my experience and Trunk and Agharta's posts have been inspiring in this manner.

If I can cultivate a stable base, that'll help out tremendously in many other practices which hit the gas a bit like Witch's fish oil, sungazing, standing, retention, etc. I like hitting the gas... but I've become completely gun shy these days which bores me.

Obviously, I need to do more than just pop a pill for my karma, but it's still nice to find a little friend when I can.

I've experimented with other groovifying mellowing agents like chamomille, theanine, valerian, St John's wort, teas, and magnesium being my favs. These agents do mellow me and give me groovy energy, but I can't handle them long term. Clay seems not to 'mellowize' me but to 'stabilize' and also doesn't mess with my head chakras with the above gang sending too much energy into my already overloaded skull. :) From my limited experience and this thread, it appears that clay works from the kidneys down. Amaroli also gets an honorable mention in this department, but isn't as powerful at least in the modest dosage that I'm on.

Yoda

My normal friends didn't find my discovery as edifying as I had hoped, but I'm glad that the insight has been a hit with the bumz.

Maybe you need to re-think "normal." Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

Haha! :lol:

Of course there is the whole detoxing 'pulling' benefits of clay... nice for an occasional colonblow,

The 'pulling' detox definately goes beyond the walls of the intestines. I got a detox of the kidneys themselves, and various areas all in & around the tissues, organs, of the lower jiao. Could be that I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't had the history of a brutal toxic illness, but I can say for sure that the detox goes well beyond just the intestines, in a very powerful way. (Though, that was 4 tblspns at a time, which is 4x as much as the recommended dosage - so that probably made it more noticable, also. :))

The 'pulling' detox definitely goes beyond the walls of the intestines. I got a detox of the kidneys themselves, and various areas all in & around the tissues, organs, of the lower jiao. Could be that I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't had the history of a brutal toxic illness, but I can say for sure that the detox goes well beyond just the intestines, in a very powerful way. (Though, that was 4 tblspns at a time, which is 4x as much as the recommended dosage - so that probably made it more noticeable, also.

Dang, Cuz!!

I trust you, but I can't quite figure out the 'how' of all that.

The 'pulling' detox definately goes beyond the walls of the intestines.
... I can't quite figure out the 'how' of all that.

Me neither.

Understanding-wise, my rxn exactly. :blink:

Almost freaky magical weird, in a good way. :lol:

But, as far as the intestinal walls, I feel that the bentonite has a lot to do with pulling the mucoid plaque off the intestinal walls (like we've mentioned earlier) and the psyillium provides the bulk.

How varied is the quality of clays? I can't find anywhere in the UK doing Sonne's, in fact the only liquid clay I found on a UK site is this one.

Anyone have any experience of clay in the uk?

I can't quite figure out the 'how' of all that.

Then I'll interpret it as happening on an energetic level, yes?

I haven't been taking Sonne's for 24 hours yet, but I can tell that it has a strong energetic effect... no head chakra/heart chakra activity (which is good), but a sense of 'stability' within minutes of taking some. (after an immediate sense of 'yuck' :) ) Physically, Sonne's does 'pull' strongly on my mouth which wasn't the case with the cosmetic bentonite clay I had been using. The cosmetic bentonite had induced a sense of stability too, but was more subtle.

Ian, that bottle has ad copy verbatim to Sonne's... it's the same stuff. There are UK and French links here: http://www.eytonsearth.org/purchase-buy-healing-clay.php

As Trunk said, Sonne's is so strongly 'pulling' one would hesitate to take it daily unless there's a compelling health reason to do so. I'll stick with Sonne's until my terramin comes in and we'll see what that's all about. I'd be fine with something more subtle as a long term thing.

I'm doing this while experimenting with fish oil too... My kidneys are wondering what the deal is! :lol:

I have terramin on order, but I've been taking cosmetic grade calcium bentonite internally in the meantime. It's made in the USA so I think that should be plenty safe, but I'd be interested in what Agharta thinks about that. Also, mine is a calcium bentonite clay and it seemed to have a drawing effect in the whole colon department but it doesn't seem to be a problem otherwise.

Agharta, what's the word about long term use of clays? Cumulative benefits?

I think that cosmetic-grade is fine, short-term. Anything you'll take daily for years, better be something that's been used by many people continuously for decades, ideally. Redmond Clay and Terramin have a very long track record, and Pascalite does to some degree, as well.

Long-term use--none of the clays I use are high in heavy metals, and since I rotate between them, there's generally no issue of getting a mineral imbalance. I really recommend rotating between clays regularly, and studying the symptoms of mineral imbalances, and taking a look at the main minerals in each clay. For me, rotating seems to get the job done, although for a while it seemed like the Redmond Clay gave me a little diarrhea if I ate a lot of it. Then it suddenly didn't, and hasn't since. I didn't change my diet or anything. Totally weird. :lol:

Trunk and Agharta, have you ever experimented with the whole colloidal mineral thing? I've experimented with silver, to no effect. There was a recent thread about gold being very groovy. Just wondering if some/most/all the benefits of clay is that it's just a good way to deliver trace minerals like other forms of trace mineral supplements? Of course there is the whole detoxing 'pulling' benefits of clay... nice for an occasional colonblow, but probably not the driving force for what Agharta has experienced.

For my own life, I'm a cusp geminii born in the year of the monkey... so my life and practice is too all or nothing. I'm hoping that this can deliver more stability to my experience and Trunk and Agharta's posts have been inspiring in this manner.

Yoda

I've been taking and making Ormus for years. I see most Ormus products as being ideal for very sick people whose diets have been very much less than ideal, and who have never cultivated much. The healthier you are, the less you need them. Colloidal/ormus silver is a great anti-microbial agent. I trust it for that. Some people have gotten excellent results taking it long-term, but it does return to metallic state easily in the body, and can turn your skin gray. Internal hydrogen peroxide would probably stop the gray skin, although I've never heard of anyone experimenting with it who actually had argyria (gray skin) from internal use of silver.

I wish I could say that I think clay's effects are entirely due to the macro- and micro/trace minerals....but I don't. I think the magic of clay is three-fold. The drawing of the silica and the building of the other minerals, as well as the qualities of the ormus, all seem to contribute.

Are you an Earth Monkey? I'm a wood Rabbit?

I use Indian Healing Clay to take the baths with. After reading this thread I deluted 1 tbs in some water to make a paste and ate it. It says " for external use only" but looking at the ingredients it says "100% pure bentonite clay". As for colloidal minerals like silver, use it only if you have a viral infection/disease. It will kill all the beneficial internal flora in your gut, so drink it only if you really have to, or use a nebulizer.

I haven't experimenting with any other colloidal minerals except for gold, and only in a form of ormus from Ascention Alchemy (also rhodium/iridium powder and the mix of gold and other metals). This is the real ormus, not the stuff produced from water, lava, ocean, etc. They use the pure gold, platinum, iridium, etc to make the powder, and the effects are interesting, to say at least. The prices vary based on the market prices and it takes them a few weeks to a month to make a batch. I've used it for 2 years and talked to the owner on many occasions. After over $2,000 spent, I would say I would do it again if I had a second chance...

Interesting thread.

Max

Edited by Smile

I wish I could say that I think clay's effects are entirely due to the macro- and micro/trace minerals....but I don't. I think the magic of clay is three-fold. The drawing of the silica and the building of the other minerals, as well as the qualities of the ormus, all seem to contribute.

Are you an Earth Monkey? I'm a wood Rabbit?

I'm not sure what kind of monkey I am... 5/22/68 5:51pm Phoenix, AZ... totally gorgeous.

What do you mean by "qualities of the ormus"? Is there really enough macro minerals to brag about in these clays? Thanks!

Sonne's feels very pulling and I have the feeling that it might be making me thirsty which is odd as I'm not taking that much of it. No biggie, it won't be a long term thing.

Max, my cosmetic bentonite clay had some of the above effects but not as strongly as the Sonne's.

I look forward to checking out the other entries. I asked the gal who took my pascalite order if the stuff was all that and a bucket of omega 3 orgasm enhancing chicken but she said she couldn't make any claims and directed me to their testimonial section.

That has got to be the lamest bunch of testimonials I've ever seen... They are sweet and all but something my grandmother might have written to Wonderbread Inc.

I'm used to reading about tooth chipping braingasms, repelling multiple attackers with one hand, squirting 35 yards, people getting stuck in yoga asanas, etc...

Come on, impress me!! If I didn't have Agharta's assurances that I'll soon have a harem of highly motivated sexual partners, I'd click out of their Leave It To Beaver world so fast it'd make their heads spin! :)

(just kidding, I'm sure it's a fine site. I'll just link their testimonial section to this thread and that should get them up to speed.)

-Yoda

Pascalite:

"Tests confirm PASCALITE consists (as oxides) of:

Silica 50.78%

Aluminum 15.30%

Magnesium 4.16%

Iron 2.60%

Calcium 2.10%

Sodium .20%

Potassium .17%

Phosphorus .17%

Titanium .16%

Manganese .10%

and (in trace amounts): copper, barium, chromium, cobalt, boron, nickel, gallium, zirconium, strontium, cadmium and vanadium.

Variances can occur, as Pascalite is a natural substance."

That's what they sent me when I emailed them. In the amounts that I take, 3-4 tablespoons a day, that's a decent-sized, though not huge, source of mag and cal, and an excellent souce of iron. I'm guessing, though I don't know, that some of the calcium, iron, and maybe some of the aluminum is actually ormus masquerading as those metals.

I think the others have their own ratios.

I can't say it'll make everybody do what it has apparently allowed me to do. There's a special connection between me and the Earth element. However, I think there's a significant portion of people who will find it nearly irreplaceable.