Tao of Buttercup

Is it customary for Mods to pick fights with regular members?

I will not tolerate harassment by a Moderator.

But Soaring Crane is a Steward, not a Moderator. And I looked at the posts and the two of you were having a discussion as two members of the board and you both were disagreeing with the other.

Just a couple minutes ago was the first time I looked at that thread as I normally do not get into those type of discussions.

Perhaps both of you have been taking this too personally?

• Like 4

If you feel a post is out of line, report the post. Moderators can get warnings and suspensions too.

Moderators (and in this case Stewards) are people too though, and they do get to post on the board like everyone else, but do have to behave a little better, to set an example and such.

• Like 4

Please let me know, and I'll gladly depart from this board.

Reference - soaring crane in the Ebola thread.

My apologies, as the admin...

I have talked to the member in question, who is a valued Steward. Each staff, high or low, volunteers their extra time here.

We are all members and wish to express some ideas but I do ask staff to remember that all their comments can reflect on staff.

Anyone can feel free to PM me directly as needed as well.

• Like 2

Tao Bees is more than moderators

Onwards to Victory Buttercup :)

It will be a good practice, letting go of the accusations/ insults or just general disagreements

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 2

Hard to keep track of a conversation when they are removed to the Pit and Locked

http://thetaobums.com/topic/35793-to-that-pissy-pants-mod/

Kind of mirrors American political life,...like when Bush silenced Scott Ritter, Valerie Plame, Bill Maher and others, so he could illegally invade Iraq.

Kind of the like ISIL blowing up the tomb of Jonah. Out of sight,...out of mind.

• Like 2

Hard to keep track of a conversation when they are removed to the Pit and Locked

http://thetaobums.com/topic/35793-to-that-pissy-pants-mod/

Kind of mirrors American political life,...like when Bush silenced Scott Ritter, Valerie Plame, Bill Maher and others, so he could illegally invade Iraq.

Kind of the like ISIL blowing up the tomb of Jonah. Out of sight,...out of mind.

No intentions to invade anyone, I promise :)

In the original thread, I'd simply misread a comment, made an assumption, and added a poorly-considered reply. The thread that was created as a direct threat against me was rightly pitted/locked by someone else, while I was in bed (I'm on CET here, it was late). That move had nothing to do with hiding anything, nor with protecting me/covering my ass or anything like that; it's just basic moderating of a discussion forum.

• Like 3

I just read the thread.... Unless some of the more aggressive posts were already removed...then it was obviously a huge over reaction / misunderstanding.

No need for apologies... No need to walk out of a community...I especially don't see the need to involve our other family members...

Buttercup, like SC said previously, I liked all the other stuff you posted so it's a shame. But you did start a discussion on it and asked for thoughts...of course not everyone agrees with us all of the time. We constantly change our opinions in light of new evidence or experience...the fact that you don't agree with each other now is nothing to be upset about.

• Like 4

That move had nothing to do with hiding anything, nor with protecting me/covering my ass or anything like that; it's just basic moderating of a discussion forum.

Yes,...seems that is the way things are,...I had a post put into THE PIT ,...still don't know why "they" wanted it out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28638-vulture-peak/?hl=%2Bvulture+%2Bpeak

As for a post about you being "pitted," as you said,..."just basic moderating of a discussion forum."

Was blown up by the Mods of ISIL last week.

Hm, WTF?

People will say oh it is about the oil etc... that may be one small part of it... these Mid East Wars seem to have a re-write or bury historical artifacts/ knowledge aspect too?

Nothing new, considering the destruction of all Pagan/Gnostic elements (Sacred Trees, Temples, Libraries) ... Library of Alexandria itself was est to have around 1 million scrolls.

When you destroy a peoples roots/ cultural identity etc they are easier to control/enslave... in a generation or so they forget who they are. Replacing an organic culture with consumerism etc

Didnt they raid Iraqi museums in one of the desert storm ops? I recall something with ancient humanoid reptilians figurines/ statues. Maybe another psy-op though, who can say

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

I just read the thread.... Unless some of the more aggressive posts were already removed...then it was obviously a huge over reaction / misunderstanding.

To butt in,...I didn't find it to be a misunderstanding at all,...for example, IMO,...I only know of Mr Trump for his hair do, Ivana, and Wrestle Mania type personal promotions for his capitalistic books. IMO, Mr Trump is devoid of having ever contributed to human evolution.

• Like 3

As above so below? haha

Are you being smart ? Watch it buddy or I'll ....

Signed; Mrs Nungali.

;)

• Like 2

I do hope that Buttercup sticks around, she posts interesting stuff.

I'm forever being suspended on Dharma Wheel.

Only once, so far; from TTB though and that was by a bunny boiling mod who has since been 'let go'.

You staffers on here do a good job IMO.

• Like 1

I do hope that Buttercup sticks around, she posts interesting stuff. I'm forever being suspended on Dharma Wheel. Only once, so far; from TTB though and that was by a bunny boiling mod who has since been 'let go'. You staffers on here do a good job IMO.

Dharma Wheel likely doesn't have the proxy thing figured out like we do ;).

Though I likely just lost merit points encouraging someone to get back onto an online forum ;).

• Like 2

Online forums are pretty great (renowned) for testing how reactive people will let themselves be, given they have time to actually consider what they say before they post it.

Buttercup, your first thread here showed your sensitivity, and I offered a warning about the many and often oppositional perspectives you'll find here without letting them get to you.

Remember, practicing taoism is about dissolving polarity with harmony, and is often most difficult to practice when someone is actively engaging your from an oppositional perspective. In these cases you have an opportunity to develop your character by responding to them in such a way as to dissolve whatever they reacted to, and lead the conversation to greater harmony.

Pointing fingers has the opposite effect - it makes others even more reactive and defensive and closed off.

Often we want external validation from others, and so our pride is wounded when someone who sees the world from a different perspective responds to us with insensitivity, without care. Our offering put a piece of ourselves out there, and this person just stepped all over it! But the trick is to learn that what we put out there is no longer our own, even though it originated from us, it is now changing on its own, and we have no control over that. If we see it like this, then there is nothing to be wounded when others do not validate it, because we place no desire on their validation and cannot be hurt by their insults.

In any case, these forums offer a place to refine one's sharp edges and temper one's sensitivities through practice. The better those of us from cultures the world over are able to hold civil conversations, and even maintain civility when it is threatened, the better the world will become.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 5