Sign in to follow this  
Perceiver

Why has my left arm become lighter?

Hi

A few years ago I had a spontaneous kundalini release. It brought along many irritating side effects, and I later learned that I had an energy imbalance. I couldn't read, write or concentrate without getting too much energy. This energy created insomnia, muscle twitching, third eye/astral experiences and many other things.

Since i found qigong i have used the microcosmic orbit and pan-gu (michael winn) exercises to make me somewhat normal again. And it has greatly helped. I can now read, write, concentrate and get my sleep most of the time without being overburdened by nasty side effects. I have even started meditating again and it doesn't interfer too much with my sleep.

One of the things I noticed when the whole thing happened was that my left arm had become extremely light. I can hold it up for a long time without feeling much. When i flex my arm it's like my forearm has no weight at all. It's simply effortless. The right arm has become lighter too but not so much as the left one.

I'm starting to think this may somehow be tied into my overall energy imbalance.

Would anyone know why the left arm is like this? Is it potentially negative, and do I have a left side of body imbalance?

Thanks all

• Like 1

Yeah I have that. It's not too noticeable normally. My whole left side feels different to the right.

One time I got my right arm to do something like that. It felt extremely heavy but really light to move. It sounds like a paradox but that's just how it felt. In terms of martial arts I think people would have much difficulty dealing with it but the state went away so I couldn't test it.

I'm not sure what the best way to balance left and right would be. If you find something that works well I'd be keen to give it a go.

• Like 1

Hi, no i actually dont warm up before doing qigong. Just sit down and start doing the orbit for thirty minutes. Should i warm up invsone way first?

• Like 1

Hi, no i actually dont warm up before doing qigong. Just sit down and start doing the orbit for thirty minutes. Should i warm up invsone way first?

definitely. I actually just made a short post here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/35791-what-practices-if-low-on-time-what-practices-day-to-day-what-activitieshabits-to-avoid-what-activitieshabits-to-do/?p=568477

But for you, I'd recommend arm-swinging exercises (and the self-massage for after your qigong practice). They're part and parcel of qigong practice and they are energy work, not gymnastics. I'll look for a youtube video that demonstrates what I mean...

ok, this is pretty good. I don't do exactly this, but there are a bazillion variations on the theme:

this is also classic qigong:

thanks for the post soaring crane. i actually remember the self massage routine. i did it once and it felt quite good. maybe i should take that up again. i certainly do self-massage already in the genital area, so i could easily, err i mean.. no just kidding, will look into the swinging arms technique too.

Sign in to follow this