Sign in to follow this  
Silent Answers

Random Thoughts: Are we just a process?

Comparisons between the role of humans on Earth and white blood cells in the human body, probably aren't new to most of you...but could we really be just a mere process of the planet?

Let's take a look at fossil fuels... What are they? Dead life...The stuff we run our cars on is the rotten living essence that formed millions of yeas ago, stuck in the surface of the earth.

Sounds an awful lot like a zit or a cyst when oil is described from Earth's point of view...after all..this is all only happening at the surface...the skin. Most of what the planet does and is...goes on beneath us.

We know that our brains are receivers and producers of electromagnetism... we know that the Earth broadcasts similar fields around itself, allowing for us to exist in the first place. What if Mother Earth is subconsciously guiding us to resolve this black mucus through the same force... dig...build...burn... fix...and then when the job is done, she washes us away...after which, a few million years down the line, we too become that black rotten stuff, and need to be cleansed.

We often read articles of how we are destroying the Earth... Are we? Can we? Sure we may be making life hard for ourselves....but the Earth can take a punch from another planet. Perhaps if we really got out of control (much much much worse than what we see today) we could do some serious damage...but I'm confident she'll have a trick up her sleeve.

Is the truth simply that humans are still stuck in a fantasy of having an important role to play? We are the top of the food chain! We are intelligent! We make stuff go boom! We are enlightened!

Or are we just the temporary zit pickers of the planet? Sure, we're as important as the blood running through your veins... but who really considers the red blood cells and millions of other functions going on within us 24/7? We're all far too consumed with the fantasy.

Even the Earth is a cell...an atom...in the grand scheme of things...perhaps we're the quarks. Perhaps consciousness is on loan to us from the Earth, until the job is done.

Maybe if you really did figure out what humans "really are", I highly doubt we would closely resemble any of the things you're mentioning. That's why cells are called cells and not atoms. They have a center thingy and other thingys move around it and that’s about it. I think recognizing patterns like that are more important than making direct comparisons.

Yes, there is an analogy between planets, humans, cells, atoms etc. They are all monads of some sort and share structural similarities - albeit expressed in various ways.

I'm not sure why some people think that we could not destroy our planet? True, we are hardly in a position to blow this massive ball of rock out of the universe, thanks God. But isn't Earth much more than a huge rock? Isn't her biosphere perhaps what Earth is really all about? I maintain: It is the most vital part of her existence! Our planet was destined to develop life right from the beginning... even life in the form of humans! Yes, we do make a big difference for the Earth, and potentially for the Universe at large.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Yes, there is an analogy between planets, humans, cells, atoms etc. They are all monads of some sort and share structural similarities - albeit expressed in various ways.

I'm not sure why some people think that we could not destroy our planet? True, we are hardly in a position to blow this massive ball of rock out of the universe, thanks God. But isn't Earth much more than a huge rock? Isn't her biosphere perhaps what Earth is really all about? I maintain: It is the most vital part of her existence! Our planet was destined to develop life right from the beginning... even life in the form of humans! Yes, we do make a big difference for the Earth, and potentially for the Universe at large.

I'm not saying anything for certain... I think you're right that the planet being alive is the very reason we are here. Life was destined to form. But just for the sake of it? Again that brings me back to the analogy of our bodies. We're full of processes and vital components that we would die without...but we are not aware of them. That is to say the average person cannot control these processes at will and would never know they were going in at all, if we hadn't carved ourselves open for inspection.

Perhaps this destructive yet all giving Yin nature is inherent of Earth consciousness..and as we are under the influence of that consciousness, maybe this explains our seemingly wild existence.

Is there a correlation between our behaviour and processes of the Earth? It may appear that we are the cause, perhaps we are just mirroring something much greater.

Maybe if you really did figure out what humans "really are", I highly doubt we would closely resemble any of the things you're mentioning. That's why cells are called cells and not atoms. They have a center thingy and other thingys move around it and that’s about it. I think recognizing patterns like that are more important than making direct comparisons.

It doesn't matter what size it is in relation to ourselves or what label we give it....such patterns are everywhere and are everything...they may all be slightly different but the main concept is the same...even our cities and behaviour reflects them. When you have infinite possibility on your side, we become quite a close knit bunch.

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter what size it is in relation to ourselves or what label we give it....such patterns are everywhere and are everything...they may all be slightly different but the main concept is the same...even our cities and behaviour reflects them. When you have infinite possibility on your side, we become quite a close knit bunch.

I've never thought about cities before, interesting.

I'm not saying anything for certain... I think you're right that the planet being alive is the very reason we are here. Life was destined to form. But just for the sake of it? Again that brings me back to the analogy of our bodies. We're full of processes and vital components that we would die without...but we are not aware of them. That is to say the average person cannot control these processes at will and would never know they were going in at all, if we hadn't carved ourselves open for inspection.

Perhaps this destructive yet all giving Yin nature is inherent of Earth consciousness..and as we are under the influence of that consciousness, maybe this explains our seemingly wild existence.

Is there a correlation between our behaviour and processes of the Earth? It may appear that we are the cause, perhaps we are just mirroring something much greater.

From my perspective, the Earth is an Alchemical experiment. In fact, the entire Universe is. What will be the result? I don't know exactly. But I know that we are a vital part of that process. In fact, we are Alchemists helping to upgrade it All.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Sign in to follow this