Hey

Curious if anyone here has been celibate meaning no sex or masturbation for longer periods of time and what your experiences were with it ?

Thanks

Let me ask: what is a longer experience for you?

I managed to go 2 month without before my body decided to finds it own way while me being asleep. Personally did not feel being any stronger before or much weeker after. The idea lies somewhere else :)

:)

Harry

Hey

Curious if anyone here has been celibate meaning no sex or masturbation for longer periods of time and what your experiences were with it ?

Thanks

Do you mean celebacy by choice only? I was celebate the last six years of my marriage - but it wasn't for personal development. :lol:

V.

Hey

Thanks

I have been celibate for several years. When the mind and body no longer seek a mate, the energy saved can be put into other areas.

In my case that energy used to be put into theurgy, these days it is put into trying to hold down two [soon to be three] on call jobs, which means sometimes going days without sleep or food.

I have found that like all desires, the psychological need for mating can be diminished and redirected into other areas. The main problem with this is that it can redirect itself into unwanted areas including mental illness or agression, so one must be careful to control what replaces the sexual needs.

Keep in mind is that physical touch is needed to stay healthy and by nature humans seek touch through our sexuality. If one is celibate too long without touch, one's health can suffer. In my case I aquire touch through my cats, the physical contact with another living creature is all that is needed.

One thing that many people do not realize when deciding to be celibate is that most other people will treat you like a joke at best or a leper at worst when they find out that you are being celibate. It is often best to not let others know about your celibacy.

Hopefully this answers some of your question.

I have been celibate for several years. When the mind and body no longer seek a mate, the energy saved can be put into other areas.

In my case that energy used to be put into theurgy, these days it is put into trying to hold down two [soon to be three] on call jobs, which means sometimes going days without sleep or food.

I have found that like all desires, the psychological need for mating can be diminished and redirected into other areas. The main problem with this is that it can redirect itself into unwanted areas including mental illness or agression, so one must be careful to control what replaces the sexual needs.

Keep in mind is that physical touch is needed to stay healthy and by nature humans seek touch through our sexuality. If one is celibate too long without touch, one's health can suffer. In my case I aquire touch through my cats, the physical contact with another living creature is all that is needed.

One thing that many people do not realize when deciding to be celibate is that most other people will treat you like a joke at best or a leper at worst when they find out that you are being celibate. It is often best to not let others know about your celibacy.

Hopefully this answers some of your question.

Thank you yes that was very helpful

I am curious as to how you are redirecting your energy -

Do you just intend it or ......

I can't really just decide to place my focus somewhere else -

in my eyes being celibate without doing higher energy work is a waste of time as someone mentioned the energy will find other exits. (nocturnal emission)

Do you mean celebacy by choice only? I was celebate the last six years of my marriage - but it wasn't for personal development. :lol:

V.

I know what you mean sister - unfortunately. :blink:

Thank you yes that was very helpful

I am curious as to how you are redirecting your energy -

Do you just intend it or ......

I can't really just decide to place my focus somewhere else -

The body goes where the mind leads. I use various methods to calm the mind, if the mind becomes still enough then desire of any type is greatly diminished. Once the desire is diminished it is much easier to redirect the energy.

Focusing on the breath is the main method I use for calming the mind. Then I redirect the energy either through being on the go constantly or through basic internal energy manipulation and meditation.

Keep in mind it took me years of trying before I started having any success in diminishing the desire. Do not expect instant results, nor fault yourself if you backslide. It is a slow process to alter the way the mind thinks and the best advise I can offer is to return to the breath, all other things will follow that.

On a less mental note, physical exertion will go a long way in steming the desire for sex. Staying active till the point of exhaustion will hinder most people's sexual desire.

So I suppose in short it boils down to exercise and breathing.

If you are serious about staying chaste, I suggest you start looking into the methods of Buddhist and Yogis. Both groups have developed many methods of drawing the mind away from physical desire.

One question for you though is why? To promote chastity is against the flow of nature and thus conflicts with many Taoist concepts. There are many reasons for remaining chaste, the question is are the reasons helpful or harmful to your life.

The body goes where the mind leads. I use various methods to calm the mind, if the mind becomes still enough then desire of any type is greatly diminished. Once the desire is diminished it is much easier to redirect the energy.

Focusing on the breath is the main method I use for calming the mind. Then I redirect the energy either through being on the go constantly or through basic internal energy manipulation and meditation.

Keep in mind it took me years of trying before I started having any success in diminishing the desire. Do not expect instant results, nor fault yourself if you backslide. It is a slow process to alter the way the mind thinks and the best advise I can offer is to return to the breath, all other things will follow that.

On a less mental note, physical exertion will go a long way in steming the desire for sex. Staying active till the point of exhaustion will hinder most people's sexual desire.

So I suppose in short it boils down to exercise and breathing.

If you are serious about staying chaste, I suggest you start looking into the methods of Buddhist and Yogis. Both groups have developed many methods of drawing the mind away from physical desire.

One question for you though is why? To promote chastity is against the flow of nature and thus conflicts with many Taoist concepts. There are many reasons for remaining chaste, the question is are the reasons helpful or harmful to your life.

Hey thank you for the experience

Very helpful and insightful -

I am not neccessarily looking to be celibate just curious about experiences and things I can connect to what I have discovered on my own

I have had some success in a limited way with redirecting my energy but it nothing long term and no balance can be achieved -

Basically I am just trying many different things or have been

Hey to me more specific I am looking for experiences because I am having a myriad of problems in regards to mood swings and stability that I have not been able to find a solution to and I believe that my sexual practices could be affecting things and I am hoping to learn some ways to balance - balance - balance myself