Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

'Zero Rest Mass' equals the Speed of Light. Achieved in meditation?

Light can travel through an empty space

Speed of Light is defined by the properties of the vacuum, of the nothingness. These are electromagnet waves. They move with a certain speed through 'nothing'. Nothing that can be physically measured.

When we have particles with a certain mass and want to bring their speed to the Speed of Light, we certainly need an infinite amount of energy to do so. But that is not accessible (right now).

In other words: Only those particles can move at the speed of light which have a so called 'Rest Mass' of 0. Zero. Photons for example, have a rest mass of 0. They have energy, loads of it, but no resting mass.

This is the second time I stumble across this information, that when you are in deepest meditation and reach a still point, you are at or beyond the speed of light.

How restrictive or expansive do these words feel to you?

you create an idea based on an idea. I think you need to attain the speed of light and then figure out how its possible.

I think its using a feature of spacetime © that doesnt necessarily apply beyond spacetime

The faster something moves, the more massive it behaves according to a stationary viewpoint.

To move instantly from point A to point B, faster than the speed of light, would require the moving object to appear infinitely massive.

This requirement is met by masters who have realized that they are one with all creation, thus effectively taking on a body of infinite mass, which allows them to move instantly from any point A to any point B, regardless of distance.

How restrictive or expansive do these words feel to you?

It reminded me of an unfinished Chuang Tzu story.

Peter Russel has been hammering into my awareness recently, the last week or so, and before this, I'd never heard of him.

This is a bit lengthy, but compellingly and simply stated on the topic of light and consciousness/awareness.

It reminded me of an unfinished Chuang Tzu story.

very good. I like unfinished-ness

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this