Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Did you ever notice how easy you can understand the flow of Chi (in the "air") when you do underwater movements?

I am sure everyone was diving at least once in his life and exactly there you can really learn the flow of energy and how to manipulate it, much more easily then in actual "air", when you can not sense it yet. Because under water, you can see the flow.

You can not push forward underwater, with force and wanting to create a current. Through pushing, you mostly displace water in the front of your hand that then gets pushed around the outsides back towards your arm. Speaking of a direct way, which does not work. Circular movements are intuitively understood as the optimal way.

It was quite a while back since I was last time diving, but I surely will do it again this summer and experiment with the flow of it, while being encased in said element.

I often found our air to be just like water, just with another thickness. But in essence, it behaves the same. We can learn much from being in water and doing Tai Chi or Qigong.

#bringdivingsuit , #practiceholdbreath5mins

Edited by 4bsolute

I work forms in a limited way when I take my son swimming. The pool can be a bit busy, so I can't completely relax into it.

One of my favorites is g-tummo sublimation breathing and upon the complete relaxation/exhale, to drop underwater and floating during the sublimation.

The flow of water and the flow of air seem identical, aside from the change in medium and the speed of flow, the characteristics are the same.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this