idiot_stimpy

Whats in a name?

Whats in a name? A Label?

I have had a few people advise it is better to change this forum name to something different.

So my question is, what is in a name?

When you label yourself as something, do you become that something?

But what were you before you had labelled yourself as such?

• Like 3

Maybe we are more who we aspire to be than who we were previously.

Dream the impossible dream type thing. It is only in dreaming that we dare to go beyond.

• Like 2

You could think of a name as coded destiny / or something that is pulling you forward - self actualization

Does the rose grow into a rose or was the blueprint for the rose always manifest and the rose was fulfilling that blueprint.

So maybe a name is like a blueprint.

I think the name has to be true to yourself, something you feel within, something that is already part of you like the rose... just unseen. When you see the blueprint you can start the manifesting... (over time there may be an evolution of names, just as you are evolving/expanding)

I think there is too much false modesty and self deprecation which is self defeating, hindering you from being the brightest star you can be.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Whats in a name? A Label?

I have had a few people advise it is better to change this forum name to something different.

So my question is, what is in a name?

When you label yourself as something, do you become that something?

A name is to label what it is. A name is to describe what one is or believes in. One's action shall reflect what one believes in. For example, if one label oneself as a Taoist, then one will act like a Taoist by following the principles of Tao. A Taoist was an ordinary person before a label was atteched.

Edited by ChiDragon

..........Then you are just your own plain self of what you are.

Edited by ChiDragon

If I don't label myself as anything, what am I?

Without a label you still have an energy

Labels are used to describe an energy.

So you have Happy Trance music...

The words Happy and Trance have an energy too... of which finds a match in Happy Trance music

Homage to Amoghasiddhi Buddha of the North.

Assist us to see through the illusion of mental formations.

Is "Amoghasiddhi Buddha of the North" one of your illusion of mental formations.....???

Homage to Amoghasiddhi Buddha of the North.

Assist us to see through the illusion of mental formations.

In that case, you may assist yourself to see through the illusion of mental formations.

• Like 2

Teachers intuit that...

Darrens

Chardonays

Tysons

Paris-es

and

Chantelles

tend to flourish from extra attention as they are usually going home to a book and interest free environment ( factoring out TV and computer games)

Toms

Rebeccas

Gareths

Pamelas

Rorys

And

Elizabeths ( not Bettys)

Will be fine academically cos they have lots of books, at least a piano and generally a pony or two back at their "carefully rationed access to" TV/gaming homes.

In addition , list 1 kids are likely to just have the one 'parent or carer-of' at home whereas the list 2 children have both Mummy and Daddy there to care for them.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

(Funny this coming from me.)

Forget the words (names and labels) and live the concepts.

Yes, I have many times labelled myself this or that. This was so that others could better understand the concepts I hold to and try to live by.

Our actions (and inactions) speak much louder than any name or label we could utter with our mouth.

• Like 2

What's in a name? that which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet

-Willie S.

• Like 3

then of course I hear Robert Anton Wilson in my head saying...

nothing is... and no things are... insofar as connoting a stagnant measurable essence at the core of said thing...

nothing can be stated to be any is, or are, when alive, only in death can an essence be attributed with any hope of accuracy, prior to that, the malleable nature of reality and things precludes any definition by use of the words is, or are... it makes the statements following/including those words meaningless in any real sense...

• Like 1

A name is just another layer on top of the real.

But already you are being affected by your name, because of the way others react to it. Already it has become more about the name, and less about the real. The name isn't important, and shouldn't be the deepest consideration. But if the name is going to invite attention that isn't desired, then what is the point of the name?

• Like 4

AND WELCOME TO THE BALL

In which the teams introduce the guests arriving at a society ball, this time from the construction industry:

Will you welcome please, Mr and Mrs Cotter-Tiling... and their son, Terry

And from Ireland, Mr and Mrs ODoors... and their son, Paddy

Mr and Mrs Antilers and their son... Rufus

Mr and Mrs Loadabricks and their son... Laurie

Mr and Mrs Neepot and their son... Jim

Mr and Mrs Duz-Merchants... and their son, Bill

And at the Naturistss Ball, please welcome, if you will:

Mr and Mrs Gleebits... and their son, Dan

From Poland, Mr and Mrs Vestov... and their very keen daughter, Eva

The Right Honorable Mr Knott-Snowing... and his lovely daughter, Gladys

Edited by GrandmasterP

When I was young I used to be a telegram boy

(a telegram was a message that came along a metal wire, got typed out on a piece of paper that someone would hand deliver to you :) )

I used to like seeing how the name matched the person ... or not.

In some societies it is considered very important; like the Ancient Egyptian and Mayan. But of course, for one's name to be a another expression of what one is and does .... one has to know what one is and should be doing ;)

• Like 4

What if you're not your name?

Your name was picked up along the way and was given to you which stuck for the time being.

Are people entangled with their own name? Not realizing they existed before their name was given to them.

• Like 4

What if you're not your name?

Then you got it the wrong way , or someone was wrong when they gave it to you.

Your name was picked up along the way and was given to you which stuck for the time being.

You can unstick it.

Are people entangled with their own name?

Certainly ... if it the correct name.

Not realizing they existed before their name was given to them.

But if it is correct it is a formula to outline what they are. What came first ... the person or their 'pattern' ?

• Like 2