Mizu

Help! Kunlun May Be Taking Away My Life (the good bits)

I would also say stop it for a while and just do grounding things (go barefoot through nature, go swimming, take cold showers.Just do good things and find out about diet that is easy du digest and good for replenishing the jing.i am a big fan of nuts and seeds especially flax and hempseeds.And eat lots vegetables and fruit.And i would also say dont force anything.Stop until you feel ready again.May you find your way!

The onus is on you to prove your statement.

No its not actually there have been many reports over the years of people saying this.

I mean seriously how many people have to report this...

Im just agreeing with Mizu's original post who guess what is another damn person complaining about this...

How many more need to report this 30 50?

How many years does this need to go 3 4?

Where there is smoke there is fire. 

Edited by grassmountiansage

ok how about you prove he isnt...

hows about you familiarize yourself with how a logical process works juxtaposed with proving a negative

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

hows about you familiarize yourself with how a logical process works juxtaposed with proving a negative

I dont think you understand people are reporting this people from different locations over a period of a few years...

These people are giving testimony of a personal exp...Maybe you need to think before you post Joe.

see here

and that's pretty ironic asking me to think before I post when you just requested a logical fallacy...

• Like 1

I've seen a whole bunch of "new members" over the years who show up and make it their earliest contribution to the discussion to attack this or that master, system, or practice.  I don't know if there's a method to this, but a pattern, definitely...

• Like 6

Hmmm I wonder if there are other reports on here about max doing the samething.....

There is something to that if enough people report it that there maybe truth to it...

I did the seminar after hearing positive things from several very experienced and respected members here spoke highly of it.    I was also somewhat active in the original Kunlun forum.  While the majority seemed to gain from it (or simply moved on) for some it was not a good experience.  One member here, loved it, got a lot out of it, but early on it blew his circuits, too much energy (yo Cameron).   Another member who was also very enthused, shared it with his kids and ended up having those reptile .. uh visits.  

Most don't, but in my mind I've heard enough so that its good to have a warning.  I don't think Max is sending anything or has any negative intentions towards students.  The problem might be a phenomena of the brain trying to make sense of an energy sensation and turning towards archetypal imagery.  Which happens, kundalini is very snakelike. 

So, warning good, defending good.  I stand by recommending the seminar to people interested, but practices that are powerful, can also burn, especially if your not careful, like the OP who was sensitive and did too much, too soon. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 7

Interesting that the fun discussions are happening again here. For a long time now it seems that Kunlun has been something hush hush.

It's probably true that snake like entities are related to the lineage and Max. He has said he has a connection with those things. I personally "saw" one during the red phoenix practice once. It didn't attack me at all...it was like a weird looking cardboard cutout...wasn't 3-D. Was it from the practice, or from hearing about other people's experiences with reptiles...who knows. The mind is powerful and can create all sorts of things when you add a little drama.

The Kunlun practice does open a person up in many ways. My personal experience, besides being about increased intuition, was more about ghosts than the snakes. And the experiences were just a supersensory thing...especially where you can just say "leave" and they're no longer in your experience. When practicing in nature, once I experienced the spirit of a dog. I actually believed 100% that a dog was going to be there when I opened my eyes...nope. It is interesting stuff.

Because it's very opening, perhaps opening to a yin level, I personally decide to practice other things. As cultivators, we are supposed to cultivate who we want to become, what we think we should be like, etc, primarily. A practice that opens you up, kind of obliterates your sense of self, that's no longer my path. Some practices destroy things, some build things. What we focus on in life, we increase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ah well, since we're on that page again...  allow me to throw in my own snake.

The snake seduced me into going to Peru for shamanic ceremonies.  Kunlun was just a middleman.  The snake, in the meantime, revealed itself as the DNA, the fundamental tool Mother of the Universe uses to build life.  All life everywhere.

When I came back, I started looking for books by those who had similar experiences, and found this one:

51ueEow3HYL._AC_US200_.jpg

Was grateful for the corroboration -- not that I doubted what Mother of the Universe showed and told me --

incidentally, visions of anacondas and jaguars (a jaguar is a cat-snake of sorts, or a cat-dragon, I've seen one too) are common and ubiquitous among members of indigenous tribes of the Amazon under the influence of ayahuasca, and very rare among Westerners who try the brew.  So I figured the role of Kunlun (and some other things I did before with a lot more dedication and for a much longer time) was, in my case, to pave the way to realms of knowledge and comprehension that might have been inaccessible to a civilized woman otherwise.  So I was very, very grateful.  I never did any Kunlun ever since.  It had served its purpose in my case, and then we parted ways.  As good friends.   :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 8

Ah well, since we're on that page again... allow me to throw in my own snake.

The snake seduced me into going to Peru for shamanic ceremonies. Kunlun was just a middleman. The snake, in the meantime, revealed itself as the DNA, the fundamental tool Mother of the Universe uses to build life. All life everywhere.

When I came back, I started looking for books by those who had similar experiences, and found this one:

51ueEow3HYL._AC_US200_.jpg

Was grateful for the corroboration -- not that I doubted what Mother of the Universe showed and told me --

incidentally, visions of anacondas and jaguars (a jaguar is a cat-snake of sorts, or a cat-dragon, I've seen one too) are common and ubiquitous among members of indigenous tribes of the Amazon under the influence of ayahuasca, and very rare among Westerners who try the brew. So I figured the role of Kunlun (and some other things I did before with a lot more dedication and for a much longer time) was, in my case, to pave the way to realms of knowledge and comprehension that might have been inaccessible to a civilized woman otherwise. So I was very, very grateful. I never did any Kunlun ever since. It had served its purpose in my case, and then we parted ways. As good friends. :)

I too had moments where I felt/imagined strong snake-like presences. From huge golden "master of the universe" types, to protective/intrigued bipedal reptilians with cobra-like hoods that I could feel from my spine and far above my head. I don't care to say whether the experience was real or purely imaginary, but it led me down a path that others seem to have experienced.

I bought that same book shortly after those experiences, but put it down during the first few pages of dull writing. Is it worth reading through to the end?

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 1

I too had moments where I felt/imagined strong snake-like presences. From huge golden "master of the universe" types, to protective/intrigued bipedal reptilians with cobra-like hoods that I could feel from my spine and far above my head. I don't care to say whether the experience was real or purely imaginary, but it led me down a path that others seem to have experienced.

I bought that same book shortly after those experiences, but put it down during the first few pages of dull writing. Is it worth reading through to the end?

I think I was biased in its favor, and read it to the end.  Don't know if it's worth it as a good read -- yes the writing is dull, especially considering the subject -- but at the time I was gobbling up everything I could find on the cultures of the Amazon, past and present, and I recall this book only vaguely, with the exception of two memorable points.  The DNA connection -- that was right up my alley because I had been shown things that couldn't be mistaken for anything else.  (I suspect that at least some of the people who experience "bad nagas" may actually be looking at their DNA damage made perceptible to them in imagery that conveys the danger and the magnitude of the problem.  It is a warning from within, externalized by a practice capable of  interpreting this danger in such a way that they can understand the image, and of projecting it outward where they can see it.  Not that external nasties don't exist.  But that's a separate story...)   

So, this, and tsai yoshto-yoshto, "language twisting-twisting."  That was also up my alley, but that's yet another different story. 

Unlike you, I didn't have any visual or imagined snake experiences -- instead I turned into a whole bunch of snakes.  I mean, Kunlun was doing that after a certain point, my whole body would change into snakes changing into lianas changing into the jungle changing into more lianas that extended like cables from the earth to the galaxies.   All of it proved real.  Long story...  :)

And those cats, strange cats, jaguars, snake-cats, dragon-cats -- that was also part of the transformation, and later I was gaping at Maya and Inca art in museums in Lima and recognizing them...  And then I saw a painting of the center of the human brain in frontal view that looks like one of those jaguars...  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...  :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

A practice that opens you up, kind of obliterates your sense of self, that's no longer my path. 

Perhaps it´s just different stages of the practice, but my experience was different.  I found myself opening and feeling like I was more myself than ever before.  Like I was picking myself up and putting pieces back in place that had been lost long ago.  I felt more in my body, less scattered.  It felt like coming home.

• Like 1

Quit now,

rest, don't think about spiritual things for a couple years.

Falun Dafa is an evil cult and Li Hongzhi is a murderous motherfucker.  I live in Kaifeng where the victims of the Tiananmen self immolation incident lived.  The one girl started out as a top student in her class, she was beautiful, played Guzheng at a professional level, and had a very bright future, but when the Chinese government made Falun Dafa illegal, she took the advice of Li Hongzhi to protest in extreme ways and went to Beijing Tiananmen, doused herself in oil, and set herself on fire in the public square!!   In an interview with her as she was in ICU, she disclaimed Falun Dafa as an evil cult and expressed remorse for making such a stupid mistake!!

Li Hongzhi was never brought to justice for his crimes and he lives freely in Canada now.  It is such a sad situation that my government can protect such a brutal person.

If you want to study spiritual practices, you should learn one of the major systems such as Chan, Long Men, or something else mainstream which has a proven method.   Falun and other similar sects such as Yiguandao are just slovenly side doors, and the beliefs and obligations of their followers are extreme and negative.

Please stop your practice now and work on becoming healthy again.

• Like 1

Its not like Li lit her on fire - she did that to herself.  Cripes, take responsibility for your own actions.

And for me that includes (not) subscribing to systems that install a "dantien" into you, where the practitioners have no idea what it is that's spinning in their gut, they didnt do anything to get it going, it was the masters doing.  (No matter how many times they try and get you to show up or offer discounts if you do.)

What this has to do with Max, well....we've seen plenty of post hoc ergo propter hoc around here before...

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

Perhaps it´s just different stages of the practice, but my experience was different.  I found myself opening and feeling like I was more myself than ever before.  Like I was picking myself up and putting pieces back in place that had been lost long ago.  I felt more in my body, less scattered.  It felt like coming home.

Yeah I know what you mean about those feelings...I'm not sure I'd say it's a different stage, just a different way of looking at it.

• Like 2

It may be a few years late for great concern.  Mizu's last post was over 5 years ago, so he's probably moved on to industrial arts or is doing quite poorly.  We'll probably never know. 

Between SillyBear and JoeB, the original post said he'd just read 'Falon Gong' and was thinking about it, so the guy lives dangerously, continually. 

• Like 3

is this kunlun?

looks like any other qigong to me...
what's the purpose of practicing kunlun? Edited by Papayapple