Cameron

Lama Dorje

I agree. There should be more feedback and presented in a more balanced way

Frankly..though this is mind blowing..it has been too much.

My Dad emailed me saying I am fired from my job. I was leaving anyway but have 2 more months to go before I graduate and this does sort of fuck up things for me.

My Dad told my Mom he is afraid around me.

Not exactly sure what to do.

Time to meditate on how you present yourself to others.

Talk to your dad and tell him your sorry and be respectful.

See yourself as you dad sees you.

He might be afraid around you as you may present yourself as a loose cannon.

Am getting interested to see if Max gets motivated and starts making posts about how if I was really interested in cultivation I would go.

What do people think..weekend workshop with Lama Dorje or weekend workshop with Wudang Master Chen. I am still a student and can only afford to go to one.

Let's get feedback.

Wudang of coarse. Where is it?

I'm sorry Cam, thats heavy. When I don't know what to do I try to think of strategies using 5 element theory. Fire, water, air etc.

With my high strung dad, I ultimately decided on water; as I perceived as surrender. Like a private in basic training it was - yes dad. Serve as quietly agreeably and amiably as I could. Every other course just caused friction. I was playing in his field w/ his ball.

It was a good strategy and it brought long sought after peace to both of us. I'm not saying that it is an answer for you, but it worked for me.

Whenever I feel lost having a strategy, some idea of strategy beyond lashing out reactionally has brought me great solace. So has listening to Eckhardt Tolle tapes.

Yours

Michael

Ummm...I already went to Max dude..are you paying attention?

Though I am going to see Ken Cohen and Chen in Nov.

If I can get on a plane..and find another job in this somewhat disoriented state.

Fuck.

Edited by Cameron

Where is Chen in November?

You don't need to find a job. Eat Rice and Train.

Edited by Spectrum

I don't need a job?

I live in America man.

Plus I have bills.

Some friends may lend me some $ until atleast I graduate in a couple months.

In the state I am in right now going for a job interview isn't exactly what I want to do.

Will try to stay positive I guess...

What was Mantra saying....

Happy..Happy..Joy...joy

I don't need a job?

I live in America man.

Plus I have bills.

Some friends may lend me some $ until atleast I graduate in a couple months.

In the state I am in right now going for a job interview isn't exactly what I want to do.

Will try to stay positive I guess...

What was Mantra saying....

Happy..Happy..Joy...joy

I just graduated too, and am applying for every radio job in the state...so I know what you're going through.

Could you elaborate on the Eat Rice and Train, theory? I am curious...

Be well,

Alex

Cam,

I've talked to you on the phone recently... you might feel fragged, but you are in top form. Your magnetism and humor are pretty high these days and it's the change in your vibe that has sealed the deal to get me to Phoenix in November. Don't worry if some jobs or some people don't click with you right now... you'll click with the right people and the right jobs at the right time. With a change of vibe you sometimes need to change people, that's all.

Your pal,

Yoda

Yeah...

I'll just tell you guys what I talked to Tom about because I think it is a pretty good expression of what it feels like..

One time I was talking about awakening with Tom and he said the universe is like the ocean and we each are a drop of water and that drop od water rests in the lower tan tien.

What it is is basically that..it is the "resting" in the Lower Tan Tien that has been a bit of a porblem.

Has felt like the core channel was blown wide open and there was no sense of where the universe started and I stopped.

Like if your a fish in the water..and think the water is outside but also realaize it;s inside..and they are one.

All of this fear that is there has been from two major sources.

My damn catholic conditioning and my damn muslim condiitoning. I dont' want to get into judgement mode but is basically like life hasn't been presented to me in the correct way.

But I am guessing that is all of us. We all come from families and traditions and people know what they know and do the ebst that they can but lets face it..mos tof what we are taught is not exactly enlightening.

So..like Jeannie told me your just floating in this ocean. Might be nice to think about it like that..angry people and judgmental people and stressed out people and uncaring people and sick people and poor people and this world and all its pain is here..but this blissful ocean floating oneness is here also.

Humbly,

Cameron

The ocean doesn't give two shits about us as individuals,it does what it does.That being the case you have to learn to paddle in the trough and ride or rest on the crest.The two things to avoid are thinking too much and panicking.

Just blowing bubbles :rolleyes::D

Eat Rice= Quality Food

&

Train= Physical training is grounding. Chi cultivation training w/o a ground is ludicris. It breaks the ground rules.

There is a logical sequence to training that involves what some call "foundation" or what I was taught is "wuji". It involves the cross latched support of meditation, circulation & physical grounding. Eventually and Ideally these are done simultaneously, but at the start they are seperate while we discern energies.

I have been quietly observing Cam's dialog. Not to critisize, but to observe an awakening/hack process. Reason why I call it a hack is that it seems non-traditional in the sense that the safety nets usually in place for individuals on the path have been improvised or removed.

I think your hack out of the matrix is resourcful, however risky because if I am correct in assuming, you're not exactly living outside of the normal realm of societies influence.

I am also assuming your putting GOOD fuel in the furnace. IE : Brown Rice! Once you change vibrational state the food you eat and the water you drink will make a HUGE difference in how you feel and your circulation cycles. Routine exercise is of utmost importance. When I first started training my teacher said to me that I was going to need to relearn some things I took for granted. How to Breath. How to Walk & How to Eat. So Simple, so profound. Why?

Eat Rice. Train. Work. Repeat.

Spectrum

Ether that or Press the Button every 108 minutes?

Edited by Spectrum

I thought I would add a little about my last two months of practicing what I have learned at Max's seminars. I attended my first seminar in August and the second one in September. You know I have not had any problems in dealing with my life since I started the practice. In fact it has only helped me. I have noticed good luck coming into my life regarding my work and also it has helped my wife's work. I mentioned this to Max and he told me that things start to manifest quicker for you when you start this practice.

I came to the seminar with Max at a good time in my life as I was ready to start a new practice. I had reached a point where my previous path was not working for me anymore . I came to the first seminar I had an "empty" cup. I decided to just devote myself to this practice and drop everything else. I think this is important in any type of practice. If you want to do well just focus on one thing. I think some people may be having some problems when they try to mix practices. I don't think Kunlun mixes well with other energy practices. The energy is too strong. It is also a downward flow and a lot of other practices out there deal with the upward flow.

Regarding Kunlun, I have started to practice it in the morning and also the evening. For me it doesn't last usually more than 20 minutes at a time. My arms usually go out like I am flower opening its petals to the sun. I usually feel "frozen" in this position. It is quite a nice feeling just soaking up the energy from above.

When I am doing the Maoshan 5 elements standing practice in the morning I have started to shake and bounce while I am doing the exercise. I have done a lot of standing Nei Kung practices over the years and have never had that happen.

We recently started a Men's Kunlun practice group in Los Angeles. The women have also formed a practice group. We are supposed to join up together in a few months once our practice is stabilized. Listening to the men talk about their experiences it was just all positive. I didn't hear any negative experiences. One man said that he is an accountant and the Kunlun has really helped him deal with the stress. Another man talked about being in a yoga class and another person walked up to him and told him that his aura was really big and wanted to know what kind of practice he was partaking in. I had a coworker walk up to me recently at work and she told me that I had been smiling a lot lately.

I think therefore that Kunlun will work for you if you devote yourself to the practice and make it a part of your life. Craig

Edited by portcraig

Since the workshop I've started doing Kunlun everyday, more or less, starting at 20 minutes and adding just one minute a day. Seems to connect me to a joy that is rooted in existence itself rather than any specific happy happening. Notice myself being more social, less inhibited. Lately the practice has got me in touch with some sadness, though I couldn't tell you what about. Just weird feelings that come up during practice.

Wish I understood better what "kunlun energy" is on an intellectual level. Even though my experiences of doing the practice have been positive so far, not understanding the nature of the energy rankles me a bit. Feel like a friend gave me a stash of some really good drug, and I've been getting high all the time lately. It's probably a good thing, but would be nice to know what I'm taking.

Wish I understood better what "kunlun energy" is on an intellectual level.
The abdominal area is a resevoir (sp?! :angry: ) of jing. Sort of like a gas tank. Lots of Taoist methods that we've seen focus on getting this area smooth, kink-free, and filled.

The hands tap the tank, activate it, and potentially blend the lower and middle centers - starting at a surface level (in front, near the nerve plexuses). Sort of a kan & li thing simply through posture. Because you're tapin' the tank, people feel things soon (yippeee), but that doesn't necesarily mean that that's a good thing, that you're using or resolving that energy skillfully (even though the position does have a lot going for it). People are easily hooked by getting some kind, any kind of sensational results. This method is very salable to the masses on this basis, and is also potentially very beneficial. (Are you starting to get the idea that I have mixed feelings? :rolleyes:)

Also, the palms and soles are engaged, so you're kickin' in the arm & leg routes. That's important not only for staying connected to the earth, but there are plenty of important meridians along arms and legs, so that helps harmonize things... again, just from holding the position.

If you harmonize your (jing) energy with this posture, it's possible that you'll fill your belly and that the harmonized energy will gradually open your other channels.

Cautions, as far as I can see so far (and it's early, so I'm shooting from the hip):

1. "Pedal to the metal". Your channels need time to open, and you need time to learn the effects of the technique. Jump in and immediately drive as fast as you can and you're likely to spin out around some turn, or flip your car, or throw a piston, or use up your gas. So, yeah, practice hard enough that it's progressive, but not so fast that it's crazy. Back to basics that we've heard a million times: Harmony, Gradual progress.

2. Emptiness. This is not primarily a central channel method. This starts in the front (nerve plexuses) where there is lots of sensation, and power (stored jing). Many Taoist systems pay attention to this area (the hara) early in their system. The hara provides a basis of healthy energy, and is also where we store a lot of emotional trauma. Potentially, as the energies harmonize, it will open and fill other channels and other development will happen spontaneously. It's also possible that people will put too much attention into experiencing sensational stuff for too long, for ever, and think that it's everything, and it's actually not. I don't see an explicit central-channel based center development in this method, nor in the teachings so far, nor from what LM's student/s have said. But then again, force stillness too early, and people will suppress what they need to process actively in order to resolve. There are some passages in the book about the central channel and resolution into stillness - but the path there is tangential at best, and there's also misleading rather sensational statements ("Bliss is the fundamental nature of man.") that distract from having stillness in its fundamental place (even if you're not there right now).

Beginners can also get into too much of flailing about and miss the basic of developing integrated, stabalized centeredness. I assume that, with practice, this naturally sorts out - but it wasn't emphasized in presentation - and if you've got some people with serious tangles under the surface (and eventually you'll bump into some student/s like that) they could get into serious loop-tee-loops and not really know the way to resolution. Real resolution has to do with the stillness aspect; it's harder to teach, not as sensational, but is absolutely crucial to getting off of the wheel.

~ later edit (sheesh, you guys are responding before I get to make even minor changes) ~

So, I have mixed reactions. I'm appreciative, supportive, but also have reservations and am a little miffed. All of that, genuinely. :)

Trunk,

Nice post. Good Points on Stillness.

I don't see an explicit central-channel based center development in this method

As in Harmonizing the Mei channel w/ Shen?

Edited by Spectrum

The abdominal area is a resevoir (sp?! :angry: ) of jing. Sort of like a gas tank. Lots of Taoist methods that we've seen focus on getting this area smooth, kink-free, and filled.

The hands tap the tank, activate it, and potentially blend the lower and middle centers - starting at a surface level (in front, near the nerve plexuses). Sort of a kan & li thing simply through posture. Because you're tapin' the tank, people feel things soon (yippeee), but that doesn't necesarily mean that that's a good thing, that you're using or resolving that energy skillfully (even though the position does have a lot going for it). People are easily hooked by getting some kind, any kind of sensational results. This method is very salable to the masses on this basis, and is also potentially very beneficial. (Are you starting to get the idea that I have mixed feelings? :rolleyes:)

Also, the palms and soles are engaged, so you're kickin' in the arm & leg routes. That's important not only for staying connected to the earth, but there are plenty of important meridians along arms and legs, so that helps harmonize things... again, just from holding the position.

If you harmonize your (jing) energy with this posture, it's possible that you'll fill your belly and that the harmonized energy will gradually open your other channels.

Cautions, as far as I can see so far (and it's early, so I'm shooting from the hip):

1. "Pedal to the metal". Your channels need time to open, and you need time to learn the effects of the technique. Jump in and immediately drive as fast as you can and you're likely to spin out around some turn, or flip your car, or throw a piston, or use up your gas. So, yeah, practice hard enough that it's progressive, but not so fast that it's crazy. Back to basics that we've heard a million times: Harmony, Gradual progress.

2. Emptiness. This is not primarily a central channel method. This starts in the front (nerve plexuses) where there is lots of sensation, and power (stored jing). Many Taoist systems pay attention to this area (the hara) early in their system. The hara provides a basis of healthy energy, and is also where we store a lot of emotional trauma. Potentially, as the energies harmonize, it will open and fill other channels and other development will happen spontaneously. It's also possible that people will put too much attention into experiencing sensational stuff for too long, for ever, and think that it's everything, and it's actually not. I don't see an explicit central-channel based center development in this method, nor in the teachings so far, nor from what LM's student/s have said. But then again, force stillness too early, and people will suppress what they need to process actively in order to resolve. There are some passages in the book about the central channel and resolution into stillness - but the path there is tangential at best, and there's also misleading rather sensational statements ("Bliss is the fundamental nature of man.") that distract from having stillness in its fundamental place (even if you're not there right now).

Thanks for the nice clarification! :)

Thanks Trunk. Get the feeling that all the flailing and uproarious laughter is a stage in order to clear blocks, and that once things are clearer the process will calm down a bit. It almost feels too easy. Easy in a way that feels good, but that I mistrust. Maybe I'm just hung up on the idea that meditation has to be such hard work? I've gotten great results from Winn's version of the healing tao over the years, but the benefits have come from doggedly sticking with a process (microcosmic orbit, innersmile, fusion) until eventually sensations/energies activated. With Kunlun I just get into position and immediately start laughing and gyrating around. It's like getting on a roller coaster ride.

I'm probably being paranoid, but it makes me wonder if some other energy/being is coming in and doing my work for me. Feels good now, but still have to ask myself if this is really what I want, and if there will be some sort of price to pay later.

Beginners can also get into too much of flailing about and miss the basic of developing integrated, stabalized centeredness. I assume that, with practice, this naturally sorts out - but it wasn't emphasized in presentation - and if you've got some people with serious tangles under the surface (and eventually you'll bump into some student/s like that) they could get into serious loop-tee-loops and not really know the way to resolution. Real resolution has to do with the stillness aspect; it's harder to teach, not as sensational, but is absolutely crucial to getting off of the wheel.

~ later edit (sheesh, you guys are responding before I get to make even minor changes) ~

So, I have mixed reactions. I'm appreciative, supportive, but also have reservations and am a little miffed. All of that, genuinely. :)

Great post!

From a different perspective, its fruitful to look at chi cultivation and transmission as digestion. You may start to practice something that taps into chi that is fully "cooked" on arrival, or you may get access to chi that needs to be processed and "digested" by the practitioner. Both alternatives have their pros and cons, but ultimately, I feel I'm wasting my time cooking something before using it, If I can get it fully cooked. Please bear with me in this very bad analogy.

Many masters have alot of energy and strong transmission, but the practice itself is not very grounded and fully yoked together. The teachers who serve you a "meal" of blended Jing/chi/Shen in one serving is usually the one's to follow. THhe others will take you on too many detours, and you may get bad "digestion".

How do you know if the teaching is fully "cooked"?

You feel safe.

h

Edited by hagar

My experience with this practice, in terms of central channel energy, is that the spiraling motion that grows magnetically in the lower dan tien mixes the left and right channels and rises up through the center. This process creates a very blissful feeling and magnetic expansion, but it also starts to dissolve and release that which is other than divine bliss. This includes: emotional blocks, trauma, and mental illusions.

Many of us identify with these things (even our darkest demons) and rely on them as if they were the foundation of who we are. So, beginning a process that quickly eliminates them can cause some serious lash-back from those parts of self that have been created to protect you from experiencing past pain.

This is the writhing and screaming and crying and ultimately laughing, that you will witness at our seminars.

The whole point is that most of us have SO much crap to release that in order to attain emptiness we must let go of the deep inhibiting patterns that keep us from true emptiness. Nothing I have found does this as effectively as Kunlun.

I believe you need an ACTIVE practice to get at the deep stuff you hold. I can't imagine how long it would take me to experience what I have, if my practice consisted of simply staring at a wall. Don't get me wrong, it might work for others, which is great, but not me.

As you move along in Kunlun, there is less of a bliss sensation and more emptiness. More of a feeling of openness and neutrality. Divine flow.

At times during practice, my central channel has been completely opened by Kunlun allowing the experience of transcending the many layers of self and experiencing the vast, unknowable Tao directly.

I can't imagine a greater experience of emptiness.

One person described the experience of Kunlun as, "becoming holy." That is because of the pure divine (rather than ego generated) expression that flows through you and becomes your modus operandi.

It is like you become your "higher" self. Void and compassion.

I'm probably being paranoid, but it makes me wonder if some other energy/being is coming in and doing my work for me. Feels good now, but still have to ask myself if this is really what I want, and if there will be some sort of price to pay later.

There is no price to pay except cashing in your past anchors. Why create such fears? Fear stands directly in the way of your own awakening.

Since the workshop I've started doing Kunlun everyday, more or less, starting at 20 minutes and adding just one minute a day. Seems to connect me to a joy that is rooted in existence itself rather than any specific happy happening. Notice myself being more social, less inhibited. Lately the practice has got me in touch with some sadness, though I couldn't tell you what about. Just weird feelings that come up during practice.

Wish I understood better what "kunlun energy" is on an intellectual level. Even though my experiences of doing the practice have been positive so far, not understanding the nature of the energy rankles me a bit. Feel like a friend gave me a stash of some really good drug, and I've been getting high all the time lately. It's probably a good thing, but would be nice to know what I'm taking.

One thing to keep in mind is that traditionally this practice was given to the student and then they were told to leave and come back in seven years. They were left on their own to discover their own truths and to fight their own demons.

We have the luxury of asking questions along the way.

One way to think of Kunlun, is that you are activating a dormant, foundational body process that does its work in an efficient manner. The function of this innate process is to clear obstacles in your path.

Just as your body has other built in processes (like fighting viruses, etc.) you activate the "enlightenment process" by practicing Kunlun.

You fight the virus of self-ignorance.

You have been led to this practice. Your soul wants to understand itself. Your body knows what to do but your mind and fear can stifle your progress.

Take it slow if you want. Take a break if you feel you need to. The internal alchemy has begun and it will continue to work on a more subtle level.

Go deep and trust yourself. Everything comes from you.

There is no price to pay except cashing in your past anchors. Why create such fears? Fear stands directly in the way of your own awakening.

i don't know, mantra. i think maybe it's a good process to go through as you come in touch with profound aspects of yourself that you never knew existed. the ego fears its annihilation. it fears being diminished. it fears losing its illusion of control. coming to terms with that is part of the cleansing process, i think.

i've had a number of students over the years who at one point or another got a little scared about the energy running through them. up until the transmission most of what they'd known had been beliefs and theories. but once they could feel it running through their veins they feared that maybe it was some entity of sorts, and it scared them that they couldn't just turn it off or take it out of their bodies.

a number of mystery schools use this in their initiation processes to activate and cleanse various subtle levels of being, all the while the initiate is questioning whether or not they have sold their soul. in the end they must find for themselves the courage to persevere and eventually realize that what they once feared is who they are.

but i think the process of having fear and then overcoming it is a valuable one.

One thing to keep in mind is that traditionally this practice was given to the student and then they were told to leave and come back in seven years. They were left on their own to discover their own truths and to fight their own demons.

Exactly!

overcoming ones own fear is an integral part of discovering ones own truths and fighting ones own demons.

this post is for the most part what i was talking about.

Trunk: I don't see an explicit central-channel based center development in this method
As in Harmonizing the Mei channel w/ Shen?
Not sure what the "mei channel" is, and what you mean by "shen". But below is some explanation of what I'm talking about.

References:

- The several Core Vessel essays (link), especially

- The Deep Center (link), and

- Jing-to-Light Transformation (link)

It is the latter process, especially, that I don't think is being acknowledged or addressed, here. (Really, though, even the specifics of any of the approaches in those essays.) A center can be activated in a mundane ("forward") fashion, and a return-to-the-Light-Source fashion ("reverse"). There is a difference between sort of "spontaneously resolving into transcendent states", and actually becoming proficient at activating the centers in reverse. It becomes a big deal as you're exposed to increasingly powerful states of consciousness; it allows you to

- illuminate the centers, integrate them with the Big Light, with each other, and illuminate the Human Egg. It ties all that together through the bindu-Big Light connection. This grants you the esoteric strength to stay coherent and integral in the face of increasingly powerful states of consciousness. It's a big deal that lets you increasingly maintain your integral coherency, your integral center. It's sort of a "Big Light version" of rooting.

Again, it's not that I think the kunlun method is bad. I've acknowledged all down the line many benefits, wonderfully simple, does-a-lot-with-a-little. I can even see that some people could be devoted to it as their sole practice, and benefit a great deal over time. And, I even freely admit that the stuff I'm referring to is too esoteric for many, and would just be confusing and hindering for them and (for some) they'd really be better off just relaxing their mind and taking up the simple effective kunlun approach.

But also that the details of the central channel teachings are key to getting off the wheel.

Like I said, I'm genuinely supportive - but also not without some honest criticism. Sort of a double-agent, but in a good way. :D

~ later edit ~

And I reserve the right to change my opinions on all of this stuff... I'm just beginning to explore it also. :D