4bsolute

Has anyone developed very sensitive feet/balls of feet through out Qigong practice?

I just did a session Qigong while we had a thunderstorm, lots of wind and rain a few minutes ago. Revitalizing experience!

My hand got a little cold after I went back in, rubbed them together and as I did, noticed a sensation in the balls of my feet. A sensation that I had never experienced before. It was like something was flowing outward down into the ground. I just recreated it while typing this. A sensation that shoots ouf of the balls of my feet (seems like through bones) towards and through my toes. A feeling that is slightly painful but not really hurting and not creating a sense of that something is wrong.

Has anyone experienced similar and can tell what this is?

Practices: Healing Light o.t Tao up to Big Dipper/North Star gatherings, Primordial Qigong and today a lot of Embracing the Tree.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

I've experienced a lot of things from practice, usually the best thing is not to think about stuff like this too much and keep practicing. Most likely you have some muscles in your toes that just awakened and you are now able to feel the connective tissue around your bones move more freely. When I started practicing all the toes except for my big toe were curled inward. As the years progress my toes are all straightening. Also, I've developed some calluses on the three nails as William CC Chen calls them and some seriously defined calves.

http://www.williamccchen.com/3nails.htm

Yeah, I can relate from previous experiences. The young child in us, regardless of our bodies age, wants to run out on the street and just show everyone what happened new and exciting. But eventually we can see it as what it actually is, a chain of events and not something finite.

Great article. But isnt the third "nail" not actually on the outmost side of the balls of the feet (of said shown foot picture in that article) right under the small toe instead On the big toe? I have never seen it illustrate in such a way, three points aligned. That makes it quite unstable. This information is from non-tai chi practitioners, maybe its different in Tai Chi

I haven't ejaculated in almost two weeks and I feel tingling sensations in my feet and a more rolling like sensation in my balls. This is actually crazy that you noticed this too, but for me it's not 'shooting'. At least not yet.

I just did a session Qigong while we had a thunderstorm, lots of wind and rain a few minutes ago. Revitalizing experience!

My hand got a little cold after I went back in, rubbed them together and as I did, noticed a sensation in the balls of my feet. A sensation that I had never experienced before. It was like something was flowing outward down into the ground. I just recreated it while typing this. A sensation that shoots ouf of the balls of my feet (seems like through bones) towards and through my toes. A feeling that is slightly painful but not really hurting and not creating a sense of that something is wrong.

Has anyone experienced similar and can tell what this is?

Practices: Healing Light o.t Tao up to Big Dipper/North Star gatherings, Primordial Qigong and today a lot of Embracing the Tree.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/plantar-fasciitis-leaflet

Plantar Fascitis is the bane of standing form cultivators and most Yoga players get it now and again too.

Easily treated.

Find out which leg you favour ( everyone has one and it is usually the opposite to whichever hand you favour so lefties suffer more right foot issues and right handers get left foot issues).

Prove this by checking the thickness of any callous on each foot.

Your 'favoured' foot has more and thicker callous than the neglected one.

Then gradually train yourself to consciously bear weight equally across and through both feet.

That takes time because your 'favoured leg' muscle memory has been in place since you took your first steps as a toddler.

Also...

Stop gripping the ground with your toes.

Hope that helps.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP

One time it felt like I was wearing rocket boots. Kinda like chi was shooting out through my feet into the ground. It was met with a rebounding force coming upwards which fixed my alignments and straightened me up. This, I believe, was a glimpse of higher level taiji. Haven't had anything like it happen again in years.