idiot_stimpy

High energy state attracting unwanted attention

From my own experience, when one manages to get into a high energy state, it seems to attract unwanted attention.

There seem to be accompanying feelings such as no fear, not caring about anything, feeling like you can do anything, and willing to take anybody on with boundless confidence.

It almost feels as if certain negative spirits are attracted to this energy and will try and provoke a response through other people for some type of gain.

Has anyone else had a similar type of experience? Or is this not a high energy state but something completely different?

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 2

Couldn't it also be from a heightened level of awareness?

I think it could also be a kind of illusion, something like the placebo effect; you wish it, because you think it's the way it's supposed to be, and then it materializes, in order to fit your environment into your expectations, resulting in a comforting balance.

I guess there are many more possibilities, but in any case, I think it pays to build up your defensive systems.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 2

This is a very useful thing to observe. It is not so much that the type of energy that you are experiencing attracts negative spirits per se, it is that as you reach these higher vibrations you become ungrounded, override some patterns in your space and any windows and doors you may have left open in your space are now attractive to what ever sorts of spirits you already have around you or those laying around in the thought forms of the space you are in.

At the higher vibration they can access your open door policy very easily.

This is a tremendous problem for those that meditate in trance, it is also a problem for most of those involved in chanting (which is also frequently trance) and any form of practice that raises ones vibration but then is unfortunately not brought back to a more grounded level prior to getting up and walking about the world.

It is also a time in which much good practice energy is trashed out the door in dissipation after a party is thrown in your space by who knows what.

It is not necessary to learn all sorts of protective measures as they are not much more than like carrying a gun - a far more effective measure is to be very certain to come fully out of trance if that is what you do in your practice, learn to become grounded, and make yourself feel real and in your body.

DO NOT go out and have a drink in these high states, stay clear of stimulants of any kind, do not take in disruptive and agitating political or religious dialog or blogs - in other words - don't create a party situation in your space.

Secondly, communicate with your guides whether you are aware of them or not - tell them to help you bring yourself back to a grounded space or maintain a grounded space within this higher frequency, and that you do not wish them to enter your space during this time and to keep other spirits from entering your space - make it their job if they wish to be your guides - (in all cases, if you have guides, you are allowing them to be your guides and you can terminate their employment at any time - it is your body and your karma and you are definitely the one who is supposed to be running the show).

Also - say hello to your guides from time to time - it has quite an effect on them for you to talk to them in present time.

The more you set up this pattern of a controlled higher space, the more you will be able to dwell in it and many patterns will break up because of it. It is extremely important to take care of your body and not let it be over run and dissipated.

If you are prone to alcohol , drugs, sex, anger, judgement - high personality - you will need to really look at following some judgement here.

Your body may be able to handle a much higher vibration than others - neither good nor bad - but this body will have many things that will come easy to it - such as trashing it or soaring with it.

One simple test is easy to show you a bit of what is going on - it will require two people.

If you do the following on yourself then unfortunately you will not be able to ever know how it would have been had you done it correctly (with another person) - their is no comparison what so ever:

1. Sit in a chair with a person behind you.

2. Arms at your sides limp and not in your lap.

3. Take a deep breath

4. As you take a deep breath - have the person behind you press the pocket behind your earlobes quite hard with their index fingers.

They should be instructed not to dig their nails into you there but to press fairly hard with their finger pads.

5. DO NOT NOW PRESS THESE AREAS - prior to doing this experiement.

6. As you have breathed in and they have pressed these pockets fairly hard at the peak of your breath, you will then breathe out and the person behind you can gently release pressure and stroke down the sides of your arms.

If possible do this before reading any of the next posts that gather here because they may let the cat out of the bag - though it won't matter much if they do. (Posters could leave a spoiler alert)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 9

The problem you posed in your original post is something that plagues several of our members here and because of this they plague us with their high personality childish rants and neumerous cut and paste quotes. It is exactly the reason that they are certain they are correct and blinded beyond reason - this happens dispite clear evidence of some obvious talent and considerable practice.

Of the several that I have had the fruitless experience of interacting with - several have upheld the "value" of trance in "normal" meditation and I am certain it is the beings that have exploded upon their space that makes this such an important value for them.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Thank you very much for your responses.

Spotless thanks for going into great detail, I will need to find a time to get someone else to facilitate the test you mentioned. I am intrigued at what it is for, as I have never heard of such a thing before. I have felt pressure build up behind the ears during meditation in the spot you mentioned.

In terms of the high personality, this energy state seems to amplify the ego, to make it feel nearly invincible. Before my shift at work I had a bad feeling that I would be tested and receive unwanted attention and by the end of the shift I was correct. Things seem to just go wrong while in this state.

I am now wondering if the unwanted attention is just issues that need to be released that the higher energy has quickly brought to the surface?

I did meditate a few hours before this state and used a directed concentration technique which could have created this. I have been in this state before and knew I should be on the lookout for issues happening around me.

I would agree with shielding but it is also a bit like putting the cart before the horse for some bodies - really learn to be out of trance and grounded and free of stimulants. Earth energy can be very helpful, perhaps this is where circle walking could be helpful.

Shielding is no doubt also a good idea but somewhat advanced in the sense that it is most effective with no effort vs adversarial in nature - ( I'm not sure if I agree with my own wording here). If you are "out of control" shielding will usually not really be "shielding" in an effective sense and trying to control yourself by sheer will in these higher energy states is about as effective as an alcoholic going into a bar for some support from his habits.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Possession is a very loaded term.

Everyone has foreign entities in and about them.

Physically the number of living things in each of our bodies that is not technically a part of us is in the millions.

Outside our physical bodies we have things also living on us, on our skin.

Beings of all sizes, shapes and abilities abound - they are everywhere - they are in our breath.

Some of us have bodies that make access easier for beings than others.

Females are naturally more adept at this because they have by nature the ability to naturally share a body with another entity.

Females also vibrate at a higher level - about 3500-4000 cycles faster than men on a regular level.

When a man in particular moves up this frequency for some it has just the effect you are speaking about - it is rocket fuel and it also animates a whole group of buddies that cannot ordinarily act within your physical space.

Each of us has a group of beings that are in agreement with the vibration of our thought forms - to the extent that we indulge our thought forms, we will attract a mechanical reaction to any thought forms that have a similar frequency and the beings associated with these forms will become active. They are not conscious beings - they are automatons - reactive "party goers" that like to up these vibrations partly because the personality within the body likes to do this also because it is what the ego does - it is the ego - those patterns of vibrations one identifies with is what constitutes the ego - it is a field of nothing that reacts in our place on behalf of us.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 5

Shielding can be helpful.

Agreed. I also found it interesting that one should shield with electric-violet light, instead of white light, because white light makes you stand out like a beacon and that attracts astral entities to you as well like moths to a flame.

I know some dislike the word 'visualization' and that one should use intent or immediate manifestation instead, but I combine the two with good effect when I visualize the earth around me open up like a gas-flame plate spewing huge electric-violet flames from the ground upward into the heavens.

I then imagine that all entities that may be present become consumed in this unnegotiable fire. Having watched some DragonBallz episodes are useful for constructing these visualizations :-)

• Like 1

Circle walking gets rid of this sort of unwanted attention :).

Are you interested in sharing any more on this?

When I circle walk, I find linear thought patterns dissolve and a general sense of energy that may have been leaking due to linear conditioning being guided to flow more cyclically within my body.

When I think of grounding I tend to think of rooting to the earth and keeping the higher vibrational energies from getting too top-heavy and leaking out. But perhaps grounding can also be viewed in the sense of grounding one's energies inside one's self. Perhaps inviting and nourishing the circular flow of meridians and overall energy patterns can help one heal ungroundedness... though I suppose if the circular patterns are only in the head and not the full body, still need to incorporate the lower body as well.

After a nice bit of circle walking I feel wonderfully transformed. Find it easy to adapt to changing circumstances in my life. Naturally respond to my environment without strain.

• Like 1

Opening up via cultivation/meditation is a grand thing but one needs to be able to close down at the end too.

Otherwise 'loose ends' are dangling and doors left open that should be shut.

Those poorly taught or self-taught folks who go around either so "heavenly minded" that they are no earthly use or become obsessive about 'voices' or 'possession' either don't know or haven't been taught how to close down properly.

A cultivator who does not feel to be in control or believes them-self to be at the mercy of unwanted attentions along with all forms of QiGong Psychosis (so called), those poor folks are just plain doing it wrong.

Hence a skilled teacher is essential.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Here's an experience I've had in my Buddhist path:

A few years ago I started playing the Shurangama Mantra in my home and while driving. Let's just say I was naive and at my level of cultivation, was very much vulnerable to powerful spirits and demons. I got into several car accidents while driving around my college campus while playing it, and started having bad thoughts at home while meditating and bowing. This was just the beginning of things to come.

I told my Teacher about this several months later, after my life had been derailed from my path of cultivation and I had left my training. Thankfully my karma brought me back to the path.

She said I should have told her sooner, and that with the party energy of my home and prior lifestyle, it was an honest mistake to play the mantra driving around campus while going to school and at home. She said the mantra is very powerful and should only be played in pure places of cultivation such as temples, and among high level practicioners.

Edited by Hiroki
  • Like 3

Are you interested in sharing any more on this?

When I circle walk, I find linear thought patterns dissolve and a general sense of energy that may have been leaking due to linear conditioning being guided to flow more cyclically within my body.

When I think of grounding I tend to think of rooting to the earth and keeping the higher vibrational energies from getting too top-heavy and leaking out. But perhaps grounding can also be viewed in the sense of grounding one's energies inside one's self. Perhaps inviting and nourishing the circular flow of meridians and overall energy patterns can help one heal ungroundedness... though I suppose if the circular patterns are only in the head and not the full body, still need to incorporate the lower body as well.

After a nice bit of circle walking I feel wonderfully transformed. Find it easy to adapt to changing circumstances in my life. Naturally respond to my environment without strain.

Circle walking grounds as well as well as strengthens the weiqi. Also though it keeps spirits out of the area (unless you purposefully use for your circle for.. oh nevermind lol) I have found that even any friendly spirits in the area will sort of walk away respectfully when I'm circle walking :).

Thinking more about the original post... it is also important to think about boundary setting. If our boundaries are not naturally strong for whatever reason on the physical, then also that transfers over to the non-physical world. When you have strong positive boundaries on the physical, a completely different energy is brought about then when you don't.

To much spiritual energy in the head region can also cause qi deviations (just means qi doesn't go where it's supposed to is all, but it can cause problems long term). Just ground it back out :). Hiking in the woods also helps. I've actually been told the only reason I feel grounded and survived all those years of intense magic was that I always bicycled everywhere and hiked all the time all those years. (not that I haven't run into problems, but generally easily fixable ones).

Also just wearing some, any, simple protective amulet will work better than you might imagine :).

Also my own personal theory about circle walking... every hear of how when magicians practice, they use a protective circle? Well just imagine a few hundred of those with the same level of intent..

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 3

Here's an experience I've had in my Buddhist path:

A few years ago I started playing the Shurangama Mantra in my home and while driving. Let's just say I was naive and at my level of cultivation, was very much vulnerable to powerful spirits and demons. I got into several car accidents while driving around my college campus while playing it, and started having bad thoughts at home while meditating and bowing. This was just the beginning of things to come.

I told my Teacher about this several months later, after my life had been derailed from my path of cultivation and I had left my training. Thankfully my karma brought me back to the path.

She said I should have told her sooner, and that with the party energy of my home and prior lifestyle, it was an honest mistake to play the mantra driving around campus while going to school and at home. She said the mantra is very powerful and should only be played in pure places of cultivation such as temples, and among high level practicioners.

Wow, that sounds horrid.

I'm curious how it would have caused such bad things to happen? I'm guessing because it threw you wide open and whatever was closest wandered into your area?

One interesting thing though is I have noticed that the Buddhist meditation practices are actually more grounding than many other systems/practices.

If you look at most people - about 99% as they walk about, their aura barely extends down beyond the mid thigh.

From there on down it becomes wispy and only very close to the skin.

The vast majority of the aura is in front of them - this puffiness is from the puffery due to the personality.

Those who practice begin to show a more even and full energy field.

Grounding is somewhat difficult to illustrate visually because a very heady clever practitioner can ground (connect with the earth energy) without "owning" their lower body. Some concentrate so heavily on opening the "holy grail" third eye that they are all head, no heart and no body.

BaguakicksAss mentioned the effect of her bicycling and was spot on - this sort of activity is very grounding.

If for some reason you do not like the idea of visualization - get over it because you do it all the time whether you know it or not.

One can visualize an energy field such as a string or a root or a bungee cord that is attached to the 1st chakra.

This is between the anus and the sex organs.

You can imagine earth energy coming up from deep down in the earth (say 1/4 mile or more) and up in through your feet chakras, up and connecting to the first chakra. From there allow only up to about 2% to bifurcate up into the higher chakras with this 2% splitting again at the heart chakra and going out into each arm, allow the rest to go back down the bungee cord or root that you have visualized connected to your first chakra and going all the way down into the inner core of the earth. This can become your permanent grounding cord and it will also keep you in touch with the different earth vibrations wherever you go.

This grounding cord is also a useful trash conduit - you can send any foreign energy in your space down it.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

The afternoon before work, I changed my meditation more towards concentration meditation directed towards the centre of my head.

I can see now it may have caused unbalance and brought on the subtle change in consciousness I experienced.

Sinking awareness into my pelvis and legs seems to feel very grounding.

• Like 1

OK so obviously it is best to close the space, kick any extraneous spirits out which may have been drawn to it and ground after a working or meditation. It is also suggested that one keeps spiritual practice very separate from mundane practice.

These are very good advice and how it should be done.

HOWEVER

What about priests, shamans, monks and etc. who stay in meditation 24X7? At a guess it is more like the being aware all the time, but the deep meditation bits only during specific times, then back to the always aware state. Also likely not in say the first few years of ones training ;).

On a side note, with Bagua one has to be in their entire body, thinking and feeling and being from their entire body, most especially the lower portion... so likely another reason circle walking is so awesome. Also, when one is in those spiritual states it "feels" like you have lots of energy, but in reality no not really, it's not the solid thick energy which is good for health and natural protections. Any martial arts teacher who also teaches qigong (and actually is from a lineage and knows what they are doing) can help greatly too.

• Like 3

Regarding "demons" and other trivial beings:

Our Western heritage and the legends of the world have brought us to view much of the "other side" as a something to be very wary of and something that is full of a whole legion of plagueful spirits just waiting to seize us and do the work of the devil.

This is poppycock - ( but it sells books and builds cathedrals)

Our fears and grandiose imaginations puppeteer the beings that make up 99.99999999999999999999999% of these stories.

The few beings that are even remotely close to the content of the stories are of such little power outside of their realms that they can be regarded as very well walled off from all but the most demented or the truly stupid among those delving in the black arts. In their most potent form these "inspiring jackass beings" have no power over even the most frail infant if they (the infant or adult) are not consumed be some toxic story from some religious salesman that has concocted a fearful tail.

If you disagree with me on this because you have involved yourself in full scale combats with those that you contend exist - I would ask you to consider:

A tiny mouse moved past you with a light behind him that made his shadow large and scary - you became both offensive and defensive at the same time - the tiny mouse - so tiny that even tiny creatures did not fear him - suddenly became in your "visualization" a demon or great spirit with "evil" intent. You went many bloody rounds with it and in the end you finally "visualized" (saw in your ego's rendition of what happened) a triumphant vanquishing of the great beast evil doer.

Resistance is the glue that binds the removal of petty pests from invading your space.

If you are plagued by really seriously tough and gigantic entities (tiny almost microscopic mice) know that they are proportionate to your false personality and or chemical imbalances in your space (in which case you should seek some help).

Their are some very forceful entities out there but of those that I speak, they will not harm you, they may obstruct you from going into certain areas and during such times it will be nearly impossible to stay conscious, but they mean no harm and are only doing their job and they do not engage you, you engage them and if the experience is uncomfortable for you it is only proportionate to your resistance and fear / insistence.

Energetically - our fellow humans do throw some pretty good energy punches - shielding, body of glass, neutrality, mirror work all work well on combating this problem, but life experience and dissipation of the ego do wonders along these lines and increasingly take less and less energy to the point where walking through a punching bag room is a walk in the park. (But your mother may still be able to press those core buttons).

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 6

...It is also suggested that one keeps spiritual practice very separate from mundane practice.

These are very good advice and how it should be done.

HOWEVER

What about priests, shamans, monks and etc. who stay in meditation 24X7? At a guess it is more like the being aware all the time, but the deep meditation bits only during specific times, then back to the always aware state...

I would say it depends on the nature of the meditation being done.

Methods such as shamatha can only effectively be done while sat focusing exclusively on that, so the 24/7 idea simply doesn't apply to those techniques.

Things like metta can be practiced 24/7, and if done properly - focused towards yourself as well as others - that shouldn't be risky, because genuine metta can probably itself be a form of shield. However, there may be fluffy types who practice metta in a 'everybody's welcome!' way and get nasty visitors.

24/7 vipashyana should also be safe, as, rather than involving opening up to anything, it's about recognising the impermanence, dukkha and anatta nature of what's there anyway. Including mindfulness of the body, which is very grounding.

Since I focus on Buddhist methods, for me 'spiritual' and 'mundane' are not different things, but simply whether reality is seen with delusion or not. From this perspective it is not only safe, but necessary, to merge spirituality and the rest of life.

24/7 energy work and magical practices could be more of an issue. Since you focus on a magical path, it's right for you to keep 'spiritual' and 'mundane' separate, because it's obviously unhealthy to try to live in the material realm and higher realms simultaneously.

• Like 4

I would say it depends on the nature of the meditation being done.

Methods such as shamatha can only effectively be done while sat focusing exclusively on that, so the 24/7 idea simply doesn't apply to those techniques.

Things like metta can be practiced 24/7, and if done properly - focused towards yourself as well as others - that shouldn't be risky, because genuine metta can probably itself be a form of shield. However, there may be fluffy types who practice metta in a 'everybody's welcome!' way and get nasty visitors.

24/7 vipashyana should also be safe, as, rather than involving opening up to anything, it's about recognising the impermanence, dukkha and anatta nature of what's there anyway. Including mindfulness of the body, which is very grounding.

Since I focus on Buddhist methods, for me 'spiritual' and 'mundane' are not different things, but simply whether reality is seen with delusion or not. From this perspective it is not only safe, but necessary, to merge spirituality and the rest of life.

24/7 energy work and magical practices could be more of an issue. Since you focus on a magical path, it's right for you to keep 'spiritual' and 'mundane' separate, because it's obviously unhealthy to try to live in the material realm and higher realms simultaneously.

I would personally disagree about keeping them separate :). I feel that is what holds many magicians back. But also not a path for everyone.

What I mean is, there is no separation, it is only our minds which think there is.

For example... when I go shopping, I intuitively pick the most energetic fruit sitting there. When I'm out in public, I tend to happen to run into other spiritual people in the oddest places. If I'm on the bus and start to have another pull energy from me, I will definitely switch over to a visualization protective practice for a moment. There is also the less thoughts (some say no thoughts, but I'm not there yet lol) focus when I remember, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Another example is the various herbs I walk by on the street and will pick if they are something I can use.

I find a lot of it similar to the martial arts training of huiyin (sp?) up 24X7 (aka when you remember) and tongue to the roof of the mouth 24X7 practices many do.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% in the lets get down to some serious stuff mode all the time, more like in a slight "sleep"' mode like my laptop, with everything still up and running as soon as I open the screen. But also mindful of many things, and the psychic bits partway open.

But, I don't like making this about me, as I am only one person, which is not a very good selective sample. I have met others who also practice like this, but from other paths.

However, most people who practice do not want this.

Hmmm, edit to add, I would wonder why Buddhist methods of mundane vs not so mundane separation or not would be any different with magic? I see many similarities in the practices the more I look into Budhist stuff ;). Ya'll just don't call it by fancy words...

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1