Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

Online and youtube empowerments, really?!

Not that energy and such can't be transmitted online (personally I find even better than over the phone), but.... how well can that really work?

Also what is up with the whole new empowerment each week crowd? That would be a LOT of practices to keep up!

Anyways, I'm extremely skeptical.

Though I'm not going to have one just to find out, as I wouldn't want the energy of someone who I feel isn't completely legit (I know in theory the human's energy isn't involved, but if the person isn't really enlightened, it still is somewhat).

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche does webcast transmissions a few times a year so that people can be empowered to practice guru yoga. I've never done this or practiced with him but he has a lot of credibility.

http://tsegyalgar.org/theteachings/worldwidetransmissions/http://tsegyalgar.org/theteachings/worldwidetransmissions/

The idea simply is that the transmission involves the student and the master resting in the same space of consciousness simultaneously.

Whether you are sitting in front of a laptop screen halfway around the world, sitting 2 rows back from the dais or sitting 50 yards away, really doesn't matter all that much. What counts is how much you apply yourself to the practice once you've gotten the transmission. As deci belle recently posted, in these practices the real teacher is the natural state itself. The transmission or empowerment is mostly a way of making sure that you understand as accurately as possible how to access that as well as how to show it proper respect. Then the real teacher and student does the work.

That said, for me it's alway worth doing whatever it takes to get personal instruction whenever possible, especially for something as important as a lifelong practice that can lead to liberation.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this