Sign in to follow this  
Hiroki

he shouted a greeting

GREETINGS! I come here with humility and a sense of shame. A sense of shame towards my erroneous past ways of ignorance and greediness, living pretty much like an average American man. NO MORE! Time to reach for a new potential, a potential for much accomplishment and spiritual growth. I hope to learn much here from the elders, but in the end I am just passing through here and in time it will be as if I never came to this forum.

• Like 4

Hello hiroki, and welcome to the forums!

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.co...um-terms-rules/ This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to five posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Edited by soaring crane

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You are I promise you not alone in feeling shame regarding past ways. It is all part and parcel of life and our state of constant change. We can only hope that we are changing for the better.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang

• Like 3

Welcome Hiroki.

Don't sweat the past, it's long gone.

The future's not arrived yet so chill and enjoy that 'now-ness' which is TTB ambience at its best.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Why not give up on that dualistic framework of shame/pride? Thinking is alot easier when you're not tied to friggin' poles.

Why not give up on that dualistic framework of shame/pride? Thinking is alot easier when you're not tied to friggin' poles.

In reality I have no attachment towards the situation. I just know what propriety and righteousness are, I follow the way of humaneness before emptiness. My teacher says that to feel shame and correct your erroneous ways is to lay the foundation. How can I try to grasp the beyond when I can't even live in a decent manner yet? I have much to learn still. The foundation is coming along nicely though! Perhaps the Secret of the Golden Flower will reveal itself in the coming years.

• Like 1

If it does then it won't be a 'secret'.

There's been a docu series on TV recently advertised as...

" Join John Presenter ( whoever he is) as he visits undiscovered corners of the Amazon."

Thing is wherever he rocks up the 'natives' are wearing trainers, soccer shirts and baseball caps.

The women use plastic buckets and bowls.

One hut in shot last week had a satellite dish out back and every other house has a corrugated-iron roof.

"Undiscovered" my erse!

:(

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

If it does then it won't be a 'secret'.

There's been a docu series on TV recently advertised as...

" Join John Presenter ( whoever he is) as he visits undiscovered corners of the Amazon."

Thing is wherever he rocks up the 'natives' are wearing trainers, soccer shirts and baseball caps.

The women use plastic buckets and bowls.

One hut in shot last week had a satellite dish out back and every other house has a corrugated-iron roof.

"Undiscovered" my erse!

:(

Perhaps he meant that they haven't yet "discovered" the BT Sports Channels ? :-)

I've been searching the Amazon website for ages, looking for their world famous "Basin". Alas, no luck so far !

Welcome Hiroki.

Sign in to follow this