Sign in to follow this  
pickledpadma

The fire of awareness

In my experience, this is the key to my success and my progress. The fore will often give one a headache and will probably give you a stomach ache. It'll make you tingle and shiver, and feel in the moment.

Who has experienced this and knows what I speak of?

I have experienced that many times but I didn't add to the experience nor subtract from it.

In fact, it happens when I go out my front door and the feral female cat rushes over to me and rubs up against my leg.

I have experienced that many times but I didn't add to the experience nor subtract from it.

In fact, it happens when I go out my front door and the feral female cat rushes over to me and rubs up against my leg.

It's important! Maintain the fire outside of worldly experience and that is the beginning of alchemy. Constant fire tempers the awareness, deepens the awareness. Over a long time, if maintained, you will gain something vital and it will be like adding great strength to the legs of a decrepit old lady whose legs were once weak. They will become strong and be able to climb mountains.

The fire is the lightness of your step!

Over a long time,

Hehehe. I don't have a long time left. I am 73 years old. There is only so much the mind can do for the body.

Hehehe. I don't have a long time left. I am 73 years old. There is only so much the mind can do for the body.

Truly time is nothing if one knows what must be done. Do you know the energy that flows upward? The one that causes giddiness and causes you to see the world in quickness? In complete appraisal? This you must chase endlessly. This is living in the moment completely. This is shedding the wandering mind.

To become immortal one must have mastery through mind. You can do much for yourself in the remaining time. Just maintain the fire!

Truly, at your age, perhaps it will be hard. The fire will cause you to feel your body shake and tremble... It will feel uncomfortable! A thing to avoid, but truly, the fire must break down the blockages and cleanse the body. The fire must be cooling. Done with correct breathing you will feel your body cool and tingly, light and airy. The fire does not burn!

Well this sketch came out like 30 or 40 years ago, but here's my thought on what gives a stomach ache:

• Like 2

Truly time is nothing if one knows what must be done. Do you know the energy that flows upward? The one that causes giddiness and causes you to see the world in quickness? In complete appraisal? This you must chase endlessly. This is living in the moment completely. This is shedding the wandering mind.

To become immortal one must have mastery through mind. You can do much for yourself in the remaining time. Just maintain the fire!

There's nothing cold as ashes when the fire has gone. (From a Country 'cryin' in your beer' song.)

No chasin' for me. Thanks anyhow. I'm just too busy living. You know, taking care of the ponds, the gardens, chatting with folks here, watching a movie or documentary on TV, going shopping, and on and on.

But yes, I know about living spontaneously. I do it all the time when not involved in other things.

• Like 2

Perhaps I do not know a thing... But my experience tells me otherwise!

Hehehe. All I know for sure is that I have not pissed anyone off so badly that they took action to kill me. (A few have tried but their timing was bad.)

• Like 1

Truly, at your age, perhaps it will be hard. The fire will cause you to feel your body shake and tremble... It will feel uncomfortable! A thing to avoid, but truly, the fire must break down the blockages and cleanse the body. The fire must be cooling. Done with correct breathing you will feel your body cool and tingly, light and airy. The fire does not burn!

I can't tell you how many times I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

Leonard Cohen sang about fire in at least one of his songs.

I can't tell you how many times I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

Leonard Cohen sang about fire in at least one of his songs.

You are very down to earth my friend.

• Like 1

You are very down to earth my friend.

Thanks. I will take that as a compliment. Some people tell me that as a criticism. Hehehe.

Thanks. I will take that as a compliment. Some people tell me that as a criticism. Hehehe.

In light of tao, the comment comes somewhere in between without affinity towards either end. I guess you're meant to take it however you want to take it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this