Sign in to follow this  
GrandmasterP

Buddha and his Dhamma free book

http://www.drambedkar.org.uk/Books/16634512-Buddha-and-His-Dhamma-by-B-R-Ambedkar-Full.pdf

Mods note page 1 notice....

"No Copyrights, its made to share with everyone. So feel free to share this book with others."

The Ambedkar Buddhists in India are all 'scheduled caste' ( formerly known as untouchables).

Here in the west where they have Sanghas they tend to be self employed business people.

If anyone ever wishes to experience Buddhist friendliness and hospitality at its very best then you could do a lot worse than seeking out the Ambedkar Buddhists if there are some near you.

I do wonder if visitors to TTB Buddha boards might not sometimes get a poor impression of Buddhism via some of our Buddhabums' carping posts.

Real Buddhists aren't like that!

Real Buddhists tend to be like the Ambedkar people.

Nice.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

I'm guessing this is the same Dr. Ambedkar as mentioned today in this Guardian article:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jul/18/arundhati-roy-accuses-mahatma-gandhi-discrimination

Gandhi's stance is sometimes contrasted by commentators with that of Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, a Dalit who grew up in poverty but went on to become a prominent independence leader and India's first law minister, with responsibility for much of the country's constitution. Roy recently wrote a new introduction to Ambedkar's undelivered 1936 speech, The Annihilation of Caste, in which she called Gandhi "the saint of the status quo".

Mukherjee said Gandhi and Ambedkar "represented different understandings of how to solve problems of caste oppression in India, but each was equally sincere".

.... I'm quite keen on Mr. Gandhi so don't know what to make of all this but amazed to see Dr. Ambedkar mentioned twice today when I have to admit I had never heard of him.

Synchronicity.

( we take The Times on Saturday. Book reviews are better than the Graun's IMO)

PS

That scandal-affected guy Dennis Lingwood who calls himself Sangarashitka and founded the Western Buddhist Order latterly Triratna started out as a British Army deserter in India.

Dr Ambedkar took him in and Denis became a Buddhist.

Once the amnesty for deserters came in Dennis returned to Blighty and the rest, as they say; is history.

Triratna and the Ambedkar Buddhists could not be more different.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Synchronicity.

( we take The Times on Saturday. Book reviews are better than the Graun's IMO)

I just look at the online version of the Grauniad... I think you have to pay for the Times.

Just a quick scan of the book you posted ... it looks excellent ... thanks for posting.

We have to take a newsPAPER every day since the puppy arrived!

Very wise and it will be put to good use no doubt.

Puppy Olive is a regular critic of the news media.

Hence the 'tory' press selected.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Sign in to follow this