Sign in to follow this  
Ground

Greetings

Greetings all.

My name is Michael but many people call me Ground and I live in Melbourne Australia.

Although I have had a life long passion for esoteric study, at the age of 26, I had an experience that tumbled the house of cards and cracked the egg so to speak. I have spent my time since then intergrating this experience into a semi-functional comedy of errors I fondly refer to as my life.

I am now 40, I have a very lovely fiancee and we are expecting our first child in Novenber.

I make no scholarly claims to knowledge of the Tao from the writings of the great Masters, infact I have read very little.

I hope that through my presence here I can learn from you all and perhaps discuss some varied perspectives on the nature of Taoism.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read.

Ground

• Like 2

Hello Ground, and welcome to the forums!

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.co...um-terms-rules/ This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to five posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like.

Thank you for the interesting and humble introduction. I think it bodes well for your future enjoyment at TTB :-)

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Greetings all.

My name is Michael but many people call me Ground and I live in Melbourne Australia.

Although I have had a life long passion for esoteric study, at the age of 26, I had an experience that tumbled the house of cards and cracked the egg so to speak. I have spent my time since then intergrating this experience into a semi-functional comedy of errors I fondly refer to as my life.

I am now 40, I have a very lovely fiancee and we are expecting our first child in Novenber.

I make no scholarly claims to knowledge of the Tao from the writings of the great Masters, infact I have read very little.

I hope that through my presence here I can learn from you all and perhaps discuss some varied perspectives on the nature of Taoism.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read.

Ground

Hey! Nice story...I would like to hear more. I think I may know what you mean about the tumbling house of cards!

Congrats on the fiance/child too...I am 26 and feel I'm still a bit away from all that!

As for the reading, don't worry too much. I find it's easy to tie ourselves in knots. You'll see I have many times in this forum.

Keep it simply :) I look forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome! :) I'm also new here. Enjoying this forum so far.

You have a beautiful screen name!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this