Sign in to follow this  
coyote

James McNeil, Little Nine Heaven

Hi Everyone,

I would like to get opinins on Sufi James W. McNeil and his Little Nine Heaven training resort near palm springs. He has an impressive lineage and covers fighting, healing and loving. He has numerous books on amazon.

www.littlenineheaven.com

www.sexforhealth.net

He also teaches an extension of bone marrow washing / the 8 brocades called Shih Shui which is penis chi gong, as was mentioned on this site. I would also like to know if anyone has done this with any masters and with what benefit.

Coyote

..Sufi James W. McNeil and his Little Nine Heaven ... He has an impressive lineage and covers fighting, healing and loving.

I've an aquaintance - whom I respect - who studied with Sifu McNeil. From what little I've heard, he is serious and from lineage.

.. I know that doesn't really add to what you've already said, but they're big points, and more than can be said about many.

Little Nine Heaven is a martial art. It contains your usual set of martial training stuff (usual or not so usual, it's a somewhat original style), which includes the 18 Animal forms, grappling and groundfighting techniques, or 18 Ground Maneuvers, and sword fighting. Shisuei Nei gong is an integral part of the system, and is a prerequisite for some of the martial training since it develops Iron Shirt, in addition to all the benefits of health, etc... Shisuei can be taught separate from the martial art with an emphasis on health and energy circulation practices rather than on conditioning and fighting.

I'm a student of Sifu McNeil, although I haven't studied L9H (I studied Xingyi, Chen Taiji and Splashing hands). Sifu McNeil is a great teacher. He has a lot of experience teaching internal martial arts, some may not like his style too much, he is a purely "fighting orientated" teacher - he teaches martial arts for fighting. He also teaches meditation and health related practices, and lot of people have studied only that (as well as lots of stuff relating to sexual energy). But when he teaches you can always sense the fighting mode lurking right behind. For me it was something of a "cultural" shock at the beginning, but I learned to like it. He also has something of a "joker" personality.

Best

Sign in to follow this