pickledpadma

I know this is Taoism but

No, we can't remain in innocence. Reality won't allow us. No one is going to pop a tit in your mouth every time you get hungry.

But to revisit innocence would be good, I think. Don't know; never tried it.

Yes, I think that once we eliminate our emotions we might as well end our life. Life has no purpose except the experiencing of it.

Dualities exist in reality. As soon as One gave birth to Two dualities existed.

Well said sir, have a nice weekend.

Ciao

No, we can't remain in innocence. Reality won't allow us. No one is going to pop a tit in your mouth every time you get hungry.

But to revisit innocence would be good, I think. Don't know; never tried it.

Yes, I think that once we eliminate our emotions we might as well end our life. Life has no purpose except the experiencing of it.

Dualities exist in reality. As soon as One gave birth to Two dualities existed.

Wow is that what you think innocence is?

What is one reality compared to two?

Wow is that what you think innocence is?

Fair question. No, that's not the totality of my thoughts on this but it is part of it. Being innocent is the opposite of being guilty (of whatever).

What is one reality compared to two?

There is only one physical reality. Imagined realities can be as many as there are people.

Reality allows and disallows?

In a way, yes. Reality allows a bird to fly but it disallows me from flying. I cannot live with my fish because they get their oxygen from the water and I get mine from the air.

• Like 2

Fair question. No, that's not the totality of my thoughts on this but it is part of it. Being innocent is the opposite of being guilty (of whatever).

There is only one physical reality. Imagined realities can be as many as there are people.

In a way, yes. Reality allows a bird to fly but it disallows me from flying. I cannot live with my fish because they get their oxygen from the water and I get mine from the air.

Who are you?

Who is there? Is there anyone? I do not see...

A single person! I do not see...

I don't talk the Buddhist language. Sorry.

I am a manifestation of many influences, too numerous to expound upon, and this "I am" is in constant change. Creation and destruction - I was created, I presently exist, one day I will be but ashes or perhaps aspecst of me transmuted into something else.

The Tao is supreme. Do I see it through the ten thousand, the three, the two, the one?

That is an important question, really. We can see the Ten Thousand Things. We can only intuit the rest. Sad thing is that we can be seeing in the rest the truth, an illusion or a delusion.

• Like 1

Who are you?

He is the one with rocks in his head, marblehead. ;)

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

Who sees the unseen?

Chapter One

3. 無,名天地之始。

4. 有,名萬物之母。

5. 故常無,欲以觀其妙。

6. 常有,欲以觀其徼。

3. Invisible was the name given to Tao at the origin of heaven and earth.

4. Visible was the name given to Tao as the mother of all things.

5. Hence, when Tao is always invisible, one would grok its quale.

6. When Tao is always visible, one would observe its boundary.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

Truly and verily! In what sense does a view constitute a you? In what sense, truly, is there a viewer and a view?

Even the ten thousand things are unseen. For one who see's without seeing has seen the Tao. One who's being has relinquished all contrivances see's without seeing. One who has become like the flame of emptiness, the lightning of awareness ever radiates the horizan and shakes the world with it's thunder.

Become like a fire in the depths of the ocean.

Truly and verily! In what sense does a view constitute a you? In what sense, truly, is there a viewer and a view?

Even the ten thousand things are unseen. For one who see's without seeing has seen the Tao. One who's being has relinquished all contrivances see's without seeing. One who has become like the flame of emptiness, the lightning of awareness ever radiates the horizan and shakes the world with it's thunder.

Become like a fire in the depths of the ocean.

Man overboard!!!!!

• Like 2