Sign in to follow this  
mike 134

What is the greatest SINGLE thing you can possibly experience ?

So I was watching the WC final over the weekend between Germany and Argentina. It was deadlocked at 0-0 and deep into extra time, when Mario Goetze finally scored the only goal of the game with only a few minutes remaining. 1-0 to Germany.

Imagine what was running though his head at that exact moment. In a single instant, his decisive action won the World Cup for his nation, brought happiness to millions of his people, and forever earned him a place in the history books. It was witnessed live on TV by ONE BILLION people all over the world. This kid is 22 years old. His next 60 years will forever be changed by that fraction of a second when he scored. He's now set for the rest of his life; as long as he lives people will treat him like royalty and he'll be swimming in pu$$y.

So that got me thinking..... is there any single thing, any single moment that one can experience, that can possibly beat what Mario Goetze experienced last Sunday? I've done some crazy things, and yes I've had a wide range of "spiritual" experiences, but none of them can compare to this because they are temporary and nobody else cares. The only thing I can think of that approaches this experience is winning the lottery, but even that's not as good because lottery winners are not admired.

Any other experiences you can think of that might rival that ???

His next 60 years will forever be changed by that fraction of a second when he scored.

I wouldn't be so optimistic with the forecast... Do you have any news about Maradona? Or Pele? These guys were not "one lucky shot" guys.

• Like 1

Each and every spiritual state and experiences changes our lives too; we are just a bit to thick to get it at first.

Being famous isn't all that; ask most who are, after the novelty has worn off (generally have to wait until they are sober though).

Instead of one thing (I've had a few pretty big ones), I sort of like to focus on the new ones each day. The more you practice, the more things fit into place, more often.

• Like 1

The birth of your child. Your own birth and death. Those are corporeal events that easily beat something superficial like fame, sex and wealth.

• Like 1

The singular greatest thing one can experience in a life time is ... A Breath

:)

There's truth to this. It's even better than winning the world cup while one billion people watch. Peak experiences are very temporary, and the admiration of others isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this