Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Book on trecko, thogal and Dzogchen

Why?

Like master like student. I prefer to follow the masters and avoid those that seem, well... ridiculous.

Well, if you are going to call this book ridiculous, read the references that were used in the book, and then explain why the book which is based on exemplary references is ridiculous.

You have implied that Padmasambhava is ridiculous.

Did you even read the book?

Is the source being Padmasambhava supposed to imply it is the authors own terma?

This is one the most interesting books I have seen yet on Dzogchen, thogal and trecko and the secret Kati channel. Simply marvelous!

This is also the first book that gives an elaborate interpretation of the term "rigpa".

http://www.amazon.com/VAJRASATTVA-SECRET-WISDOMS-Trekcho-Togal-ebook/dp/B00IP8RAPW/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt/175-6997705-8487247

One of the problems is that he is creating his own language which i consider this being a direct result of his skewed and distorted understanding of the subject matter.

If you are a dedicated practitioner you wouldn't reinterpret, reinvent, the teachings of your lineage and of your teachers out of humility and respect for their wisdom and efforts for preserving the transmission.

But you can do freely and as you please any of the above if you dont have a teacher, dont belong to a lineage and humility and respect are none of your concerns.

• Like 2

--- Moderator Message ---

Please do not post links to free downloads of copyright material.

--- Message Ends ---

• Like 1

--- Message Ends ---

One Buddhist monk leaned over to another and quietly asked, "Are you not thinking what I'm not thinking?"

--- Message Ends ---

Did someone post a link to copyrighted material? I don't see any evidence.. Was it deleted?

Did someone post a link to copyrighted material? I don't see any evidence.. Was it deleted?

Yes they did and then it was hidden because there was a link to copyright material.

I take it back about that book. At first it was interesting to read about the Kati channel and all, but upon a second reading, the English is so bad and the book is so poorly written that it is more confusing than anything else. It actually comes across like some confused scholar wannabe is mashing all these concepts together without any iota of realization...

I give this book a thumbs down.

Yes they did and then it was hidden because there was a link to copyright material.

For these methods to work, one must deeply connect to the view, the methods, and the lineage.

The commitment and devotion necessary are formidable.

While it may seen silly to some, stealing copy written material from lineage masters probably creates a negative karmic connection to the lineage and teachings and will not be conducive to success. There is more to this than simply information.

I'd urge anyone who is serious about this stuff to actually go through proper channels - buy books and videos, seek out personal instruction from a lineage master, etc... Help to support the lineage and masters that have come before us. These masters and authors, as a rule of thumb, are not rich. We are blessed that they are freely sharing this material which was highly secret just a few years ago. I think it's a little presumptuous to expect it to be free as well.

Yes, the masters want us to benefit from the teachings. They want this more sincerely and deeply than you can imagine. That said, they have put decades of their time and effort into understanding and perfecting these teachings What little money they earn, they typically donate to causes that support Tibetan refugees and so on. They and their editors, publishers, distributors, and translators have put many hours of their time into creating an opportunity for us to have these publications. Please don't steal them and distribute them illegally.

It's very important to show respect for the teachings.

Otherwise you are wasting your time.

But that's certainly your privilege.

• Like 1

I take it back about that book. At first it was interesting to read about the Kati channel and all, but upon a second reading, the English is so bad and the book is so poorly written that it is more confusing than anything else. It actually comes across like some confused scholar wannabe is mashing all these concepts together without any iota of realization...

I give this book a thumbs down.

I told you so...

I told you so...

Ah, so it must have been you who posted a link to Namdak's bootleg PDF and now your post has been deleted... Dissolved away like clouds in the sky... Like thoughts in the mind... Like lifetimes through the ages..?

Ah, so it must have been you who posted a link to Namdak's bootleg PDF and now your post has been deleted... Dissolved away like clouds in the sky... Like thoughts in the mind... Like lifetimes through the ages..?

Is that supposed to express embarassment...?

Well, for me just your short quote of the book was already enough to immedeately see through & evaluate author & book correctly.

Good that you were in the end able to agree with me and turn your first enthusiastic opinion 180° around after reading the complete book!

Perhaps you should therefore listen to my insights and evaluations concerning other books as well...

Edited by ZOOM

You mean that book which most likely is only sold by the author as printed book and not sold as .pdf-file and therefore of which you obviously have a .PDF PIRATE COPY on your hard disk, if I interpret your scan right!!!

http://thetaobums.com/topic/35599-why-do-only-very-few-dzogchen-practitioners-attain-rainbow-body/?p=563665

s3V7ZtY.jpg

Dude, even if you bought the printed book, you are not supposed to have additional PIRATE COPIES of it on your computer!

If I were you, I would really fear to "corrupt my transmission"!!!!!!! :o

(...ESPECIALLY AS ACCORDING TO THE SCAN ABOVE ALREADY 5 PEOPLE DOWNLOADED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR YOUR PIRATE SCAN QUOTE FROM IT which you uploaded here in a PUBLIC FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

http://thetaobums.com/topic/35599-why-do-only-very-few-dzogchen-practitioners-attain-rainbow-body/page-4#entry564116

67L987Z.jpg

Edited by ZOOM

Dude, I own the book.

If you'd have bothered to even look at picture that I had posted...

I'm not posting any links to illegal copies on forums, though.