ChiDragon

Let's Talk about Fa Jin(็™ผๅ‹)

a coherent, vectored assembly of constructively amplifying physical and energetic potentials

• Like 3

Can't talk about it. You either got or you don't. You can't "see" it - an opponent has to feel it. One can't sense one's Jin oneself - another is needed to feel it.

ย 

It is like an electrical charge stored in your bone marrow and is produced by vibrating your qi and condensing it into the bone marrow

• Like 3

I have read and also heard from Chen Xiaowang talked a lot about Fa Jin. I wouldn't dare to charge his knowledge about Jin. Btw most of the Tai Ji practitioners do not mention electrical charge stored in the bone marrow. As a matter of fact, I don't think they even know these terms have ever existed.

Edited by ChiDragon

ย 

I have read and also heard from Chen Xiaowang talked a lot about Fa Jin. I wouldn't dare to charge his knowledge about Jin. Btw most of the Tai Ji practitioners do not mention electrical charge stored in the bone marrow. As a matter of fact, I don't think they even know these terms have ever existed.

Maybe you didn't understand what Chen Xiaowang said or Maybe he doesn't know what Jin is. And Jin is not electrical charge, it is like it. And you'll find lots of references to qi being condensed into the bone marrow. That's what it means - whether you like it or not. ;-) Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

Fair enough, in a good discussion, I do not want to be evasive, defensive or offensive but persuasive.

@MH.....
There is only one theory but different understanding. That's all......!!!

• Like 2

Here's a good demo of basic fa jin capabilities -

ย 

ย 

Also, another demo --

ย 

• Like 5

Maybe you didn't understand what Chen Xiaowang said or Maybe he doesn't know what Jin is.

ย 

This is a very wise and persuasive statement.

ย 

Yes, the above videos are good demo of Fa Jin. That's all.

Edited by ChiDragon

Maybe you didn't understand what Chen Xiaowang said or Maybe he doesn't know what Jin is. And Jin is not electrical charge, it is like it. And you'll find lots of references to qi being condensed into the bone marrow. That's what it means - whether you like it or not. ;-)

ย 

I know my Jin were developed from my practice of the slow forms for sometime diligently. There are lots of claims by assumption of what it is. It needs to be more persuasive. Are you talking about qi or jin....??? Anyway, whatever, it is still immaterial but it has to be consistent.

Edited by ChiDragon

Hehehe. This is going to be fun. Two different schools. Almost like Mo Pai vs anything.

ย 

Yep, temple style vs all the other classical taichi styles. I would rather go with master Wong style, much more realistic.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

It is only the state of mind in the practitioner. Anyone can behave like Mr. Wong if one wants to. There are many options for each individual needs. One can learn Taiji for health; and the others can be a good fighter if that was their choice.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Arnaud,

ย 

I can't get the quote function to work properly for some reason but I just wanted to say:

ย 

This is a great article. Serge's teaching is very clear.

ย 

Cheers

ย 

Rob

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1

Yep, temple style vs all the other classical taichi styles. I would rather go with master Wong style, much more realistic.

I would call that a defensive style. Using the opponent's energy to overcome them.

• Like 1

:-) best videos I've seen or real taiji application are by Adam mizner. It's not so much about styles but about what qi and Jin are and whether the teachers know how to express/help develop them

• Like 2

ย 

I know my Jin were developed from my practice of the slow forms for sometime diligently. There are lots of claims by assumption of what it is. It needs to be more persuasive. Are you talking about qi or jin....??? Anyway, whatever, it is still immaterial but it has to be consistent.

ย 

Only way I'll know about your Jin is by pushing hands with you. I'm not saying Jin can't develop by doing form work alone and you might well have developed it. But based on our widely divergent perspectives following possibilities exist -

ย 

1) you are wrong

2) I am wrong

3) we both are wrong and the truth is something else

4) we are not talking about the same thing

• Like 1

:-) best videos I've seen or real taiji application are by Adam mizner. It's not so much about styles but about what qi and Jin are and whether the teachers know how to express/help develop them

ย 

I agree with you, I like Adam Mizner very much, I would train with him if I would have the opportunity.

But I like Chen style more than Yang style. IMHO Yang style is a watered down version of Chen style. The Yang family tried to invent some thing to replace the holes in their style but it is not the same thing. What you see nowadays in Yang family styles are just poor imitation of Chen style. I know I will flame a war with my statements but this is the pure truth. As master Wong says "they're very different".

ย 

ย 

This is a wonderful fa jin expression:

ย 

But I like Chen style more than Yang style. IMHO Yang style is a watered down version of Chen style. The Yang family tried to invent some thing to replace the holes in their style but it is not the same thing. What you see nowadays in Yang family styles are just poor imitation of Chen style. I know I will flame a war with my statements but this is the pure truth. As master Wong says "they're very different".

ย 

This is a wonderful fa jin expression:

ย 

IMHO In a good discussion, I do not want to be evasive, defensive or offensive but persuasive.

ย 

I must said each style has its own uniqueness. The Chen style has a lot of Jin, as compared to other styles, through the body which is their specialty.

ย 

ย 

ๅ‹

ย 

We are not talking about Jin......????

ย 

ย 

I think what he was saying is, you dont appear to give much credence to the underlying energetic aspects of fa jin. Of course there is a physical component to it, but it is also more than that if its "real fa jin" instead of simply "good efficient movement."

• Like 1

ย 

I think what he was saying is, you dont appear to give much credence to the underlying energetic aspects of fa jin. Of course there is a physical component to it, but it is also more than that if its "real fa jin" instead of simply "good efficient movement."

Bingo! Getting the structure and movement (accelerating whole body at high speed over a short distance) will result in mind-boggling effects - can launch another object/body of similar mass across a nominal distance (like knocking someone flying over 4-5 ft). That is no ordinary feat...but still is in the realm of physical level tai chi (biomechanics and alignment, mass, velocity and momentum)...

ย 

But that's different from getting " fa jjn"ed. It can feel like touching a live wire, depending on what kind of power is being used...imho

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

But that's different from getting " fa jjn"ed. It can feel like touching a live wire, depending on what kind of power is being used...imho

ย 

That has been my experience. I cannot do it to other people but I have received the shock that is like being electrocuted.

It is much more disabling than getting shoved back some distance or getting a black eye.

It gets inside.

• Like 1