Some of you may be familiar with the posture Standing in the Stream from Master Lam Kam Chuen's book The Way of Energy. Please see the photo below:

6645434_orig.jpg

I opened this book yesterday for the first time in a while and I felt drawn to this posture. When I did find myself in it later during a qigong session--WOW!

I'm just curious, does anyone know which energy centers/meridian pathways this posture activates or works with? I'm just curious, but may also be useful for diagnostic purposes and treatment references down the road.

Thanks!

I wonder how different this would be if one were to actually stand in a stream. How deep? Waist?

I've read of people who would meditate completely under water. Seems an interesting way to practice... naturally assumes one has reached that level of breath unity.

From experience I know when one dunks under some nice cold water it really helps with sealing leaks.... if a bit of the body is above the water, the energy will want to leak out there. So maybe training in awareness of leaks, practice in intentional sealing, and practice in full body sealing/refining-without-leaking when fully submerged.

With just legs in might be more difficult to get qi circulating in legs... and more powerful once it gets going? Maybe a goal related to the name?

Please pardon my rampant, off-topic speculation.