Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

God told me I was an accident.

I was talking to God/Higher Self recently about my life and what I've experienced in it. The conversatiok basically led to me being told, "Look, coming in right now in the way I have wasn't the best idea - I think I made a mistake. You're just wrong for the Collective Consciousness right now." It wasn't harsh in any way, more like a friendly, pat on the back "Don't worry, you'll be fine - I'll make sure you find something to do with yourself" kind of way.

Has this happened to anyone else?

(not a joke)

Unseen_Abilities

No, that has not happened to me and I suggest that you stop listening to that stuff.

You are exactly where you are supposed to be at any given point in time. Sure, it may not feel right. I suggest that this feeling is because you have not realized yourself yet.

(Tao would not be perfect if you were anything else but what you are.)

• Like 8

The collective consciousness is pretty much insane, all you have to do is look at the news and read a history book to see that. So congratulations on being sane :)

• Like 5

No this particular line of nonsense has not come into my head but I have had my share of other rubbish.

I doubt that you were communicating with God/Higher Self as it sounds more like the monkey mind. These thoughts come into our consciousness and it is just a matter of letting them go and not dwelling on them.

• Like 6

It's a common enough delusion is conversing with 'God'.

Best avoided for sound mental health though

If s/he starts to answer back and you find your self conversing aloud in public, then at that stage, seek professional help.

Edited by GrandmasterP

For what it's worth, it actually felt right when that came up. It made complete sense and felt comforting, like a piece of my puzzle being put into place - it was clear and in a strange way uplifting, not a bad thing at all.

So to me it's actually something that's possible and makes sense. I haven't been dwelling on this, just considering it.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, it actually felt right when that came up. It made complete sense and felt comforting, like a piece of my puzzle being put into place - it was clear and in a strange way uplifting, not a bad thing at all.

So to me it's actually something that's possible and makes sense. I haven't been dwelling on this, just considering it.

Just go careful buddy.

Your OP had a whiff of the 'tinfoil hat' about it.

For sure you're as right as ninepence now but if this gets to be a regular and unwelcome interchange then it maybe needs looking at.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with others that it's best not to pay much attention to that sort of thing. Like Chang, I also doubt that it's God or your Higher Self speaking. To believe that it is, is to go down a dangerous path...a path where you've given away some of your power and free will, and where you're at the whim of something other than yourself (be it your mind, some invisible entity, or even your Higher Self). The question of life is: what do you want out of this? What do you think is best for yourself and others? It doesn't matter what some other being thinks, or what your mind comes up with, if its message is harmful in some way. Why give credence to harmful ideas? Also, to be separate from the collective consciousness is not a bad thing...it means you're more human than others (you have more consciousness and choice, and are not so controlled by the herd or hive-mind). You have more of an ability to add something positive to the mix. Just some ideas to consider.

• Like 1

Yeah, I see your points. I'll avoid placing too much importance on this - in a nutshell, the task of deprogrammimg myself from a very dark past, and awakening to the past itself, has had me feeling out of sorts a fair bit. The programming I've been subjected to is enormous - like the "my mind got seriously twisted" kind of enormous - so some things are coming up that might not be right. I have a good Psychologist though, it's all good.

• Like 2

I see it as you're talking with your self, and answering your self, and getting an aswer that fits your current situtation, fits another piece of the puzzle, and that's OK. Just be open for further conversation.

• Like 2

That makes sense and could well be it, soaring crane. The Hunter S Thomson quote, "Too weird to live, too rare to die!" resonates right now.

In many ways I'm actually in the best all-round situation I've ever been in in my Adult life right now: Living away from my parents for good, increasing financial well-being, clear goals for the future and greater understanding of how to attain them, more confidence than ever before, more people being exposed to my work than ever before (except I've got to make sure I stay non-attached to that one)...it's just that I got tortured. If you'd been tortured you'd understand what I'm going through now.

I appreciate the replies.

• Like 2

I also find I'll get a piece of actual intuitive advice or intuitive message, than that ol' inner saboteur will throw something on the end of it to try and trip me up. I've been testing the advice in a more scientific manner recently and it tends to be really accurate.

• Like 1

Just saw this and thought I would add:

There is no wrong or right time to be a part.

Maybe you've just been putting too much attention and need on being a part lately, perhaps without the results you were hoping to see.

In general I've learned to define the voices in my head (I'm 99% sure I'm not crazy haha). There's the one that always instantly knows the best thing to do and is normally what you want to listen to. There's the one that is usually for most people (but not originally) in control of our actions, that basically lives for itself as it tries to coax your higher self into slacking off or something along those lines (this one is still useful when your higher self is leading the cart). Then there are very negative thoughts that often put you down, helping you to find comfort in depression...sometimes telling you that more depression is exactly what you need to escape. Let's just think of that one as demons feeding off your pain..but whatever works for you.

(I'm being very general about each one here, but this should give you a rough idea about the type of things you'll hear from them)

The more spiritual you become, especially in the early stages (sorry I'm not sure how long you've been at it) the "demons" do crawl out of the woodwork as if sensing you're trying to break out of their grip.

***edit - always hit the post button accidentally on an iPhone !!!***

So anyway enough explanation. I think that what you heard was not God and probably not your higher self either. But maybe you should take a few days off and just have fun. Then come back to the spiritual lifestyle and try to incorporate more casual practice... Don't put too much pressure on yourself to get somewhere. Just getting out into nature and opening yourself up can be enough ;)

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 2

Anyone read 'Galapagos' by Kurt Vonnegut ?

people are an accident of 'evolution' (or God if one likes) the prob was we had this one gland that swelled up beyond proportion to all the other animals. It was the brain.

After the story trails though all kinds of stuff man eventually finds happiness, he evolves into a small flippered creature with a normally proportioned brain like all the other animals and finds a niche on the Galapagos Islands. ... and everyone else is pretty much happy and safe.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Just some questions for you from a neutral (no need to answer here unelss it suits you):

-do you think God/higher self are the same thing?

-do you think it is possible to comprehend God mentally?

I am not a therapist, but it may be that fundamentallly you just need to work on unravelleing the reasons why you have yoru doubts...peeling back the layers...which can be done with your therapist, and regulated with healthy social activityh...maybe try some volunteer work, then you'll really believe you aren't an "accident"... ;)

gl

• Like 2

In my religion, God is allowed to make mistakes, and does, in order to know itself further.

A mistake is a mistake; A mistake is not a mistake.

Could Guitar Jesus write a riff so ferocious that he himself could not play it?

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 1

I don't mean disrespect to you oir your relgiion, but why would God need to know itself further?

I think the more important thing is, do you know yourself?

Edited by Goldleaf

... and everyone else is pretty much happy and safe.

I like stories that end with "... and they all lived happily ever-after."

Could Guitar Jesus write a riff so ferocious that he himself could not play it?

George Harrison did and that's why he got Eric Clapton to play it when they recorded it.

• Like 3

I think the more important thing is, do you know yourself?

I wanted to empathize this rather than just "Like"ing it.

• Like 1

In my religion, God is allowed to make mistakes, and does, in order to know itself further.

Interesting idea!

• Like 1

Isn't it!

Who 'allows' the mistakes?

All respect to that belief BTW this is no way me having a pop.

I just imagined God being called in by her supervisor for annual review.

Supervisor ( S): " OK so you created Earth this year. How do you think that went then?

God ( G): " Pretty well overall. The usual ups and downs, you know how it is; but I got it done on time and under budget."

(S): " Mmmmm I can see you worked hard and kept in touch with Accounts, good work on that; but there are a coupla problems here that have come to my attention."

(G): " Look , if this is going to be about Adam and Eve again I sent you a memo about that issue back in April. Nobody could have foreseen what happened there. They were TOLD FFS! I had signs erected. We even posted a security serpent and then he went rogue."

(S): OK I accept things got a little out of hand down there but if you're given a project you're expected to deliver and cover all the little details.

(G): " Do I need my union rep in here with me?"

(S): Not this time. As that was your first project then I'm drawing a line under those two snafu's but be assured that I shall be taking a close personal interest in your next project down there on Earth. We're calling it 'Religion' and this time NO MISTAKES!"

( G): " You can rely on me boss."

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

If it is what it is you will get a short comment and then you will expirience as verification

and learn from that and less questions.

Sign in to follow this