Mal

Cultivating Female Sexual Energy

Hi Everyone,

I've had Chia's books since I was ~ 18 never had a need to use them but now at 33 they are more useful :)

(Why does sexual response change? what makes a man at 18 able to have sex all the time and at 33 just not feel like trying again for a day or so ? )

Anyhow at the start of the year I was using the big draw out of Chia's Taoist Secrets of Love: Cultivating Male Sexual Energy, and then moved onto his Multiorgasmic Man books, same method newer books :) I had success with the big draw but I started to feel a bit "out of sorts", depression after ejaculation (probably due to "failure" feelings) continual "sexual" feelings that wouldn't go away no matter how much I ejaculated / masturbated.

So I stoped trying Chia's methods in April and went with Dr Lyn's Method. I got his CD a few months ago it's excellent, worth every penny and it's only cheep. Basically I have reached the stage where I am extremely happy with my physical performance and this month I had my first non- ejaculatory sexual experience where I felt totally satisfied and happy (i.e. just like I had ejaculated)

I also have Healing Love through the Tao: Cultivating Female Sexual Energy by Mantak Chia I want to try dual cultivation....... So............................. how badly wrong can things go? :/ I'm am worried about trying to work with sexual energy, especially without a teacher. I think I'm quite self aware and I have a long history of trying mystical things and monitoring what goes on in my body and have my Tai Chi and Kung Fu practice as a safeguard when I stuff up energy work. And they do say "the teacher will show up when the student is ready" and I have wanted to try dual cultivation since I was 18 :)

So I'm thinking that maybe that time is now. Any suggestions on how to proceed, resources etc specifically for women as I really have no idea what to suggest or to watch out for?

Thanks in advance

Mal

p.s. I wasn't going to add this part but I have been doing Lyn's Anal Breathing and playing with moving energy this month and this weekend I had the same "over sexed" feeling that I experienced previously. I was doing single cultivation without ejaculation and I just didn't want to stop. Rather than diminishing my sexual urge ejaculation just made me frustrated as I still felt "sexual" but had to "wait" before I could do anything about it. A few days of masturbation to ejaculation 3 times a day seems to have setteled those feelings down now. In retrospect mastubating that much is how I use to feel when I was 18 :)

edited due to a dream

Edited by Mal

How about a set of squats.

Cheers I can try that when the feeling strikes me again. Just do a set of 10 or keep going till I feel better ? (When warmed up I do 50-70 squats (hard work) 100 is pretty much my limit)

I have also thought that the 6th Tibitan might help when I have this problem, but have not tried it.

Yes, Mal, it's true. Male and female practices are like this. And it really works.

Hmm.. :rolleyes: Mal, if you have so many questions, you should try looking back again on the books Chia wrote about the subject. After all, he was the first to bring those teachings in the West. And he is really good at teaching. Maybe there were some things you didn't understand when you first studied them.

Because those practices for solo or dual cultivation are working if you follow the teachings.

I myself discovered that reading a book again after a while brings more understanding afterwords. :)

And yes, a meeting with a good teacher might bring some light for you in this matter. But you can still try it on your own, with a little research on the matter.

;) musette

Edited by rain

Hi, Rain!

That was Mal's quote. :P

And I was only refering to where to start the practices from, not to a certain kind of practice.

musette

Hello, Mall

You said something about translations. I have read myself some bad translations of Chia's books.

I've seen that a translator needs help from practitioners or professionals if he or she isn't any. Otherwise, the translated version can't express the same things as the original.

It's the same with all types of books.

:) musette

Once again Tantra is more accessible than Taoist :)

Things easy to grasp are more accessible that those one needs to look into more.

Am I wrong ?

musette

Things easy to grasp are more accessible that those one needs to look into more.

musette

I guess, I alwasy found Tantra a bit "romantic" for me. The more mechanical "nuts and bolts" aspects of Taoism always appealed to me.

Anyhow as one of my friends loves to say-

"It's all good"

It is said that sexuality has around a thousand of uses :o , but people usually know only two: sex and procreation.

I was attracted to the Taoist sexual practices because it teaches you, bit by bit, what are the other meanings, too.

Of course, for some people, the first two goals are enough.

And for those who want more, they can search what they want in the direction suited to them, whether Tantra, or Tao or whatever there is.

The funny thing is that the sexual energy is the one we usually forget of or blame, but in the same time it's the one we should begin with in practice cause it's a fuel good for our engines. ;)

musette

Mal, I highly recommend Daniel Odier's Tantric Quest. When you say that Tantra is "romantic" you are refering to western "neo-tantra". Mid life new agers have embraced Tantra as a way to spice up their relationships. Odier will give you a good grasp of what traditional Kashmire Tantra is about. It's been a while since reading the book and I don't want to mis-quote or put words in other people's mouths. From my perpective, traditional Tantra is a non-dualist system and the actual sex act has no romantic component. Similar to Taoist practices, there is an emphasis on meditation and the sexual component is about energy and opening blockages.

Mal, I highly recommend Daniel Odier's Tantric Quest. When you say that Tantra is "romantic" you are refering to western "neo-tantra". Mid life new agers have embraced Tantra as a way to spice up their relationships.

:lol: Totally agree.

Daniel Oldier's books look intresting, cheers.

I see he also has :-

(2005) Yoga Spandakarika: The Sacred Texts at the Origins of Tantra by Daniel Odier

Sounds very intresting, I like translations of old texts. Possibility more up my ally than Tantric Quest.

Thanks

Tantric Quest is a first hand account of his teacher finding him. His story gives a very good description of the teaching and he fills in the details with helpful commentary all in a readable style. What I liked most about the book is upon completion I had a good idea of the practices and philosophy of Tantra beyond the sexual component.

What I liked most about the book is upon completion I had a good idea of the practices and philosophy of Tantra beyond the sexual component.

Thanks for re-posting that. I had assumed it was just the story without much actual "info" included. Will definitely try to chase it down.