Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian

Zhan Zhuang Master(s) in Taiwan

Hey All,

I'm just wondering if any of you are studying with some Masters of this particular type of standing excercice, around Taipei by any chance ?

I have my own practice of Zhan Zuang, and I limit myself until I can find an expert to take me to the next level.

The reason is that I'm using it to reverse kyphosis naturally, so I'm mostly looking for feedback from an expert that my stance is exact (holding the ball) before getting into longer meditation times.

If there's really none in Taiwan that you know of, then perhaps France, or even other locations in UK and South East Asia might be helpful.

Thanks,

Seb

Zhan zhuang is a very generic term and there should be many teachers in Taiwan for you to learn standing. I think He Jinghan is in Taipei.

Thanks, he is.

About Zhang Zuang being generic, I am referring to only one form here.

The "hugging the ball" or "embracing the tree" or whatever other hippie / eco-friendly term you want to use... or if you go the Chinese route, "standing like a post" or "posting" for short which sounds less interesting / sexy haha.

Edited by Sebastian

For sure..... There are different styles though.

They typically build "kidney energy" and condition the body allowing it to "self-heal", especially when you enter meditative stillness / emptiness. Usually you'll start moving, shaking when that happens although it might plateau for sometime or never come back, but it's still happening. Your meridians are opening, blockages are clearing.

That and a zillion other benefits.

Sign in to follow this