Sign in to follow this  
Junior Western Bacon Chi

Noob

Hi everybody! Just postin my initial welcome post. I'm a complete noob. I always wanted to learn martial arts as a kid but we didn't have the money to sign me up for anything when I was growing up and I eventually forgot about it. It was still in the back of my mind somewhere though. After years of not taking care of myself, I ended up with a bunch of health problems as an adult. I started doing some yoga I found online to help my bad back and it slowly started to help so then I started looking for ways I could fix my other health problems. I started thinking about martial arts again and managed to stumble onto qigong and neigong. I called up the local Tai Chi school in my area and I'm joining their next classes in Sept. In the meantime, I've been trying to get as healthy as possible while I'm waiting. I've given up drugs, alcohol, and junk food and started exercising regularly. I found Lam Kam Chuen's Zhan Zhuang videos on you tube and I got his book The Way of Energy, so I've been practicing that everyday in addition to the yoga for my back. I've also been trying to get into seated meditation (something that caught my interest in high school but I eventually gave up on) and I started doing more yoga to get my flexibility back so I can maintain the posture. So far so good. Still, any advice anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello Junior Western Bacon Chi, and welcome to the forums!

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.co...um-terms-rules/ This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to five posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like.

Zhuan Zhong is good stuff, you'll find many people here (myself included) ready to share their experiences with it :)

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Sign in to follow this