Pony

Semen Retention -- Post Ejaculation Depression

Consider extending your retention time and adding stagnation relieving practices, such as more frequent exercise, a higher fiber diet, drinking more water, and various things that ease tension. It sounds like your body is not a fan of the current ejaculation frequency, but is suffering from stagnation issues, which ejaculation can relieve. Sends mixed messages, y'know. :) I'd go to an acupuncturist or Chinese herbalist for a second opinion, though.

Have you any experience with this?

I've retained my semen for the last couple of years on a two-week to a month basis. My first motivation was to enable multiple orgasms which morphed then to changing our sexual relationship and lives away from event-based to more of a condition. Retaining semen has done that. There's no end to sex if there's no ejaculation event. Sex becomes something more than start to finish. We've found a oneness that married people often look for. If there's no event, a sexual relationship and all of it's energy and dynamic takes on a life of it's own. It's done that for us.

Anyway, I masturbate at least once or twice a day with or without orgasms. I circulate the sexual energy. I find masturbation without ejaculation to be relaxing, energizing, centering and it gives me a great libido. I have intercourse three to five times a week usually with pretty intense orgasms. I retain my semen and ejaculate only every two weeks or thereabouts and occasionally up to a month. My body seems to tell me when it's time.

Here's the problem: If I ejaculate in the morning, I go into pretty deep depression -- absolute despair -- for that whole day and often the next. I'm incredibly lethargic with really clouded thinking. If I ejaculate at night, I wake up with a killer headache and am deeply depressed all the next day.

It seems I can't win. I think ejaculation is important, though not every time I masturbate or have intercourse. I'm getting to the point now, though that I'm afraid to cum because of what I know will follow. If I wait past the point when my body is telling me that it's time, I get pretty uncomfortable and frustrated. So, I cum and bang, I'm in the pit.

So... Anyone with such an experience? Ever heard of such a thing? Am I doing something wrong, or is there something I've not thought of?

Thanks so much for your comments!

Edited by mbanu

Hi Pony,

I am curious about whether diet has anything to do with being drained after ejaculation. Do you mind saying what you eat? Are you vegetarian or on a low-fat diet. In any case, i would suggest raw butter, cream, and meat because that is known to increase hormones and libido.

Coyote

I've retained my semen for the last couple of years on a two-week to a month basis. ...

I masturbate at least once or twice a day with or without orgasms. ... I have intercourse three to five times a week ... ejaculate only every two weeks or thereabouts ...

Here's the problem: If I ejaculate in the morning, I go into pretty deep depression

I've got a bunch of thoughts that I'm going to throw at the wall. Let me know what sticks. :D

Semen retention is a side path, an adjunct to support deeper work. So far, you've said that you have frequent sexual activity and that you retain ... it seems that you've taken up a side path as your main path, and that's a recipe for trouble (link). Without the deeper work, there's not a sufficient basis to transform what you are storing.

Do you have alignment with an enlightened lineage?

Do you have a practice of steady lower tan tien breathing? Accomplished to where it's smooth like butter? Clearly you've learned to shuttle sexual energy out of the lower tan tien, but have you kept the lower tan tien itself supple and in good circulation? (link)

Are you awakening the centers, or just stimulating them? Do you know the difference? (link)

Are you practicing some system of physical vertical integration? Still standing? Internal martial art? (link)

Obviously you're circulating sexual energy up, but are you sufficiently moving the higher energies down (so that the lower centers become more supple)? (link)

Yet more sage words from comrade Trunk. His website is a must-read for anyone doing taoist related practices:

http://alchemicaltaoism.com/

Trunk,

You mention the importance of an enlightened lineage. Is this a topic you have on your site?

Yoda

Thanks for the ideas. I'm not sure I want to go more than a month with retention. First, I'm thinking that there is something very natural and mystical about ejaculation, especially with my wife. I really enjoy it. So, less frequent isn't really on my radar. But... I think you're right about the water and tension easing things. I'm big into biking. It's a really good exercise for me especially because it gets me in nature, the motion and the exercise of thighs and butt do a lot for the inner man.

I'm thinking the mixed messages might be right on, too since I do a lot of changing and experimenting. I'm probably just out of sync the last couple of years. Major international moves half-way around the world, cultural changes, and professional changes. I'm just messed up from all that as well.

Consider extending your retention time and adding stagnation relieving practices, such as more frequent exercise, a higher fiber diet, drinking more water, and various things that ease tension. It sounds like your body is not a fan of the current ejaculation frequency, but is suffering from stagnation issues, which ejaculation can relieve. Sends mixed messages, y'know. :) I'd go to an acupuncturist or Chinese herbalist for a second opinion, though.

Hey Coyote,

It's possible. My diet... hmm... lots of vegetables, small amounts of red meat, lots of poultry, moderate carbs, 3-4 cups of coffee a day and one or less alcoholic beverages a day. I'm starting the fish oil again per Yoda and Witche's advice. I'd done that and flax seed in the past mostly for cholesterol lowering, but it really didn't do anything. Probably good for overall health, though.

I fell over laughing, though at your comment "increase hormones and libido". Gosh, Coyote, if my libido increases any more than it is now, I'll be a wreck! I like the constant hot feeling inside, the longing after my wife and frequent (though sometimes annoying) erections. But shoot, enough is enough!

Stay cool, Coyote!

Hi Pony,

I am curious about whether diet has anything to do with being drained after ejaculation. Do you mind saying what you eat? Are you vegetarian or on a low-fat diet. In any case, i would suggest raw butter, cream, and meat because that is known to increase hormones and libido.

Coyote

Hey Pony and all,

I was in this exact same situation...oh...yesterday! I can usually go about a week before my body starts telling me that ejaculation would be th ebest thing. But right after, I feel I "lost" something, I am surrounded by waves of "you'll never attain enlightenment, your weak", and other dualistic attachments. I practice still zazen and shadowboxing.

I also am constantly flowing with my Dan Tien, breathing all the way from the center, etc.

So, would any fishoil supplements work from the health section in Meijer? Any you'd recommend?

Thanks, and Pony, I totally know what your talking about. SO two weeks is the normal cycle for you?

can you tell me more about this "heart chackra" opening?

every tradition has it.

only it's a long way from where we stand.

to open the heart is something else. you seem to talk about the chackra...

Look at the Landscape. Contemplate Destiny. Seek Within Without.

Hey Coyote,

It's possible. My diet... hmm... lots of vegetables, small amounts of red meat, lots of poultry, moderate carbs, 3-4 cups of coffee a day and one or less alcoholic beverages a day. I'm starting the fish oil again per Yoda and Witche's advice. I'd done that and flax seed in the past mostly for cholesterol lowering, but it really didn't do anything. Probably good for overall health, though.

I fell over laughing, though at your comment "increase hormones and libido". Gosh, Coyote, if my libido increases any more than it is now, I'll be a wreck! I like the constant hot feeling inside, the longing after my wife and frequent (though sometimes annoying) erections. But shoot, enough is enough!

Stay cool, Coyote!

Hi Pony,

Hormones are made of cholesterol and cholesterol is good for you in general. You can d look up the research that confirms that and if you want to experiment, try eating raw butter and raw eggs and see if that makes a difference. Yes you will be hornier, but some things in life are just difficult and you have to face them, lol. I think you will be able to cum more often this way and get relief. That's my suggestion if you are up for an experiment.

Peace,

Coyote

Hey Coyote,

Stay cool, Coyote!

Marrenna, I've been trying to understand what you've meant by your use of the term heart chakra orgasm for over 2 years now. My inquiries which had focused on the discrepancies between your self described "idiot savant"-like ability to achieve them without use of the MCO, i.e. traditional taoist internal alchemical methods, has perplexed me much. Based on your description of said orgasms in post #21, I believe I'm beginning to understand the mechanism by which they may occur. Surely, your diet plays an important part. Primarily through energizing jing production. But I think it plays essentially a catalyst role to the more critical component of the mechanism...the vagus nerve. My experience leads me to believe that traditional taoist internal alchemical methods work by progressive training of the sympathetic neural system to achieve progressively larger neural charge separation, ultimately resulting in relocation of the yin pole (for men...obviously reverse it for women) to the intersection of the sympathetic and vagus nerves...the brain, IOW the crown, upon which the sympathetic nervous system is short circuited by the vagus nerve, resulting in CCO.

Now, what you've described is more consistent with neural charge separation along the vagus nerve. As the vagus nerve is part of the autonomic nervous system and therefore beyond voluntary control, I have to presume that it's not anything that you're doing (neuromuscularly), but that rather it's the cocktail of the orgasmic diet or Marrenna's chemical cocktail or a combination thereof that facilitates this response. I strongly suspect that it's a female specific response.

My thoughts for now.

No one wants to know my thoughts on ejaculation.

I had a conversation with my mentor, a doctor expert in sexual dysfunction, about heart chakra orgasms. I described them to him and he said that they were related to the vagus nerve too, and that in men this overwhelming feeling is triggered by normal ejaculation. I guess men experience an outpouring feeling from orgasm that women can't? Maybe the vagus nerve doesn't go down as far in female bodies, I have no idea.

But yes, I suspect you are right both about it being a vagus nerve thing and it being a woman thing. I don't think it is triggered by my diet directly, however. I am pretty certain it is triggered by the number of vaginal orgasms I have; they seem to build up the pressure to have one, I would assume similar to the feeling of having full balls.

you're not serious, are you........................

"Look at the Landscape. Contemplate Destiny. Seek Within Without."

you're not serious, are you........................

About as serious as this thread is... so much time spent on... what again?

Do you get out of breath running for the bus?

Look at the topology of the place your traveling. The landscape, the territory.

Contemplate your Heart, your place or position, the completion of your work. Your Destiny.

Seek within yourself the answers by living without that which it is you seek.

Spectrum

PS - If you look at the available maps you'll see where the fingers point.

Trunks post is the soundest information presented on practice. You MUST be doing some work if you choose to hold a charge, even if it's building a wall around yourself from the world.

Witches information is solid, appears concern w/ the sex act itself, including the conclusive energy exchanges that occur spontaneously between two unique people, and a diet to support that as a routine, I would suggest that her diet will help with your post act depressions. I would also suggest that some routine exercise is in order, stagnation and diet being a big cause for imbalanced hormone levels.

After a couple years of training most people can create energy phenomenon at ANY single point in your body by putting the attention there ... once you have sufficiently developed your Yi and refined your energy to run smoothly, there are a lot of natural circumstances that appear profound.

Spectrum

I dont think my work will ever be complete.....

And I dont look at the end result with too many expectations......

All I have is a road, that gets surprisingly different, every time it makes a turn......

I still think my post has the soundest info. For her, that is.... -_-

I've never had any sexual sensation at my third chakra, which is a little above my navel. Of course behind my navel and down is the top of my cul de sac, and boy howdy I am orgasmic there! I would say most of my orgasms are cul de sac orgasms. My toy drawer is full of things designed to hit that spot, in wood, steel and silicone. And of course men are handy too! :D Occasionally I can have spontaneous orgasms there with no external stimulation, but they are tricky, not easy like the spontaneous G-spot orgasms I have from flexing.

I have plenty of erogenous zones, but the only places I have had orgasms are my clitoris, vagina, fourth, sixth and seventh chakras. I have had orgasms triggered from a kiss or from eating something or from nipple stimulation, but the orgasms themselves happen in my vulva.

I'm not very deep, my cul de sac can be hit with six inches--which is pretty handy. I'd say most women their cul de sac would be much closer to the navel. Is that the sort of orgasm you are talking about?

Edited by witch

There was a story I heard recently from a fellow Chi Gung student who was training in Chicago relayed to me.

She was reflecting on a story her teacher told her.

In this story the young whipper snapper of the village had worked his way to the top of the pack and sought a master in another village to dual. Upon his request the dancing master of the neighboring village came forth.

For three days they dueled, each time the younger mans points were struck he felt immense pleasure instead of the usual pain he was accustomed. The dancing master laughing and dancing all the time. After 3 days every point on his body had been struck....and the dancing master fell exhausted.

"You have defeated me" the master said.

"Please except me as your disciple" the younger man said.

"I am unable" the old master said.

"Then let me learn from one of your students! Your art is wonderful!"

"My disciple... he will have to teach you..."

"Please... take me to him"

"You are him"

If I place my awareness on my LITERAL navel, and a lover ( or I ) circles it gently with fingertips, I will orgasm. If I place my attention on it and dont do anything but intend to orgasm, I would.

If I tune into the orgasm that is happening all the time, everywhere, I will feel it. Without any physical stimulation. Try it!

As Spectrum says, once you are awake, the possibilities are endless.

If you begin by circling your LITERAL navel, with a fingertip, gently circling, and if you get to the point, then penetrating your navel... making love to it, as the yin likes to receive the yang, gently or in whatever way you feel: slow, deep, attentively, and see how it goes for you.

There is also a link between the groove above the upper lip, and the clitoris. If you stroke the groove, with the lightest possible touch...

come to think of it, the inside of the elbow is pretty good too.

Do you feel the actual orgasm in your navel? Or does the stimulation of your navel cause an orgasm in your vulva? This is an important distinction to make. Certainly I can orgasm from stimulation from just about anywhere, if I am paying attention. Once I orgasmed when a, okay I'll say it, a PUA after talking to me briefly touched the small of my back. I am vulnerable that way, with this ability.

I'm assuming since you said the link between the upper lip and the clitoris, that it is triggering a regular orgasm. My heart chakra orgasms are completely centered in the heart--at first I was worried I was having some sort of strange angina.

Edited by witch