Pony

Semen Retention -- Post Ejaculation Depression

Have you any experience with this?

I've retained my semen for the last couple of years on a two-week to a month basis. My first motivation was to enable multiple orgasms which morphed then to changing our sexual relationship and lives away from event-based to more of a condition. Retaining semen has done that. There's no end to sex if there's no ejaculation event. Sex becomes something more than start to finish. We've found a oneness that married people often look for. If there's no event, a sexual relationship and all of it's energy and dynamic takes on a life of it's own. It's done that for us.

Anyway, I masturbate at least once or twice a day with or without orgasms. I circulate the sexual energy. I find masturbation without ejaculation to be relaxing, energizing, centering and it gives me a great libido. I have intercourse three to five times a week usually with pretty intense orgasms. I retain my semen and ejaculate only every two weeks or thereabouts and occasionally up to a month. My body seems to tell me when it's time.

Here's the problem: If I ejaculate in the morning, I go into pretty deep depression -- absolute despair -- for that whole day and often the next. I'm incredibly lethargic with really clouded thinking. If I ejaculate at night, I wake up with a killer headache and am deeply depressed all the next day.

It seems I can't win. I think ejaculation is important, though not every time I masturbate or have intercourse. I'm getting to the point now, though that I'm afraid to cum because of what I know will follow. If I wait past the point when my body is telling me that it's time, I get pretty uncomfortable and frustrated. So, I cum and bang, I'm in the pit.

So... Anyone with such an experience? Ever heard of such a thing? Am I doing something wrong, or is there something I've not thought of?

Thanks so much for your comments!

• Like 1

The longer I go the more depressing it gets it seems. I've really backed off from anything challenging in that department right now. Maybe someone will have a helpful suggestion for you. If you are on a two week cycle you might experiment with going lunar and releasing first quarter and third quarter and avoiding sex on the full and new moons as is sometimes recommended in Hinduism as the energy is already crazy enough.

• Like 1

it may not be depression you're going into but before saving your sexual energy did you perform that often? if that's the case your body may be on a natural "high" now that you have so much energy and once you lose some it doesn't feel right anymore.

Hey Yoda,

Now there's some interesting thinking. Kind of getting in sync with creation -- I like it. Thanks for the idea. I'd hate to go back to the same old - same old. I've found more sexual freedom, fulfillment and energy than ever before. It affects every part of my life -- marriage, spiritual, creative, self-image.

But in sync. I like it. Thanks, Yoda!!

Any other ideas, you all? Anybody experiencing this?

Any other ideas, you all? Anybody experiencing this?

Just a guess: it could very well be that you by whatever way have a psychological guilt-issue being bound to the act of ejaculation... if that is the case you got to find a way to solve that issue in order for the current consequences not showing up...

:)

Harry

Hey Mantis,

Granted, I'm far more sexually active than before retaining semen. Just the ability to "keep going and going and going and going" makes me more sexually energetic. And, the fact that I'm so fulfilled in so many areas, it's just motivating.

But... I wouldn't say I'm "high". The reason I say that is that the depression is *so* low. Absolute despondency. Almost non-functional.

What do you think?

Sunshine!!

Interesting idea.

"psychological guilt-issue being bound to the act of ejaculation..."

I'd thought of that, too. And... maybe at first that might have been true. But I've not hated ejaculation. In fact a few days ago, the wife was at that time of the month, and so I planned to try ejaculating once a day, just to experiment and to enjoy the cum. Result? I never got past the first day.

I actually enjoy ejaculation. I'm not locked into anything. It's just this crazy depression.

thanks, Sunshine!!

I'm pretty sure my diet will fix that. Semen is high in DHA. Would you be willing to be a guinea pig for a couple months and try it?

Another theory of mine--make sure to never ejaculate during masturbation, always ejaculate inside your partner during sex. Then she can take your energy and give it back to you through a heart chakra orgasm and you won't be depressed, because your energy will be returned at a higher level.

• Like 2

OK, so what is DHA, and is it a depletion thing or what? I've tried 5HTP and that seemed to give me a general overall sense of clarity, but didn't do much for the post ejaculation depression.

However, you have hit on something that I have noticed over time. That is that the depression is more severe when I've ejaculated with masturbation. Particularly in the morning. That is why I seldom do it. I save it for intercourse.

Interesting comment that my energy is returned at a higher level. What more can you say about that? I've observed a consistent exchange of something. And it always centers our relationship. If we're drifting, long intercourse always, always returns us -- aligns us. Really really cool.

dha is an essential omega-3 fatty acid. i've been a guinea pig for about a month now and it's really good. the theory is (i believe) that taking fish oil supplements will increase your reserves, making each ejaculation less draining.

the first few days on the diet i found it very hard not to ejaculate as your libido will certainly shoot up. it is possible you have some negative emotions or feelings attached to ejaculating (perhaps you have to dig deeper?) i was going to suggest you need to take a longer recovery time but 2 weeks is a lot as is.

Hi Mantis,

I did cold-water salmon oil for awhile. Actually, that was to lower cholesterol, but I hear it's good for a lot of stuff. Is the DHA, a supplement in itself, or do you just do fish oil?

And... what about the diet? How do I learn about it before I decide if I'm up to the guinea pig stuff?

The negative emotions? I would say five years ago they'd be there -- religious guilt connected with masturbation. I've come a long way and sexuality and spirituality are pretty close to one-another, now.

Let me know what "the diet" entails. I'm interested.

Thanks, Mantis!!

fish oil has both essential omega-3 fatty acids, dha and epa. you can search around this forum (look for a topic called "the orgasmic diet") as it so happens witch is the author. you can buy the book here if you want to find everything.

the religious guilt can have something to do with it and it's common for young religious americans. you're told bad things about masturbating and you shouldn't do it and that leads young boys to masturbate (because it feels good) but then feel depressed because they felt like they have betrayed god (or the clergy). perhaps someone more experienced in this subject can help you.

fish oil has both essential omega-3 fatty acids, dha and epa. you can search around this forum (look for a topic called "the orgasmic diet")

the religious guilt can have something to do with it and it's common for young religious americans.

Thanks, Mantis. I've been reading around here on the diet. My gosh, you can read quite awhile. I'm thinking there might be something here to help me. I wouldn't mind an increase in libido, though I really don't need it. I'm enjoying the orgasms, but I suppose this can diversify as well?

Regarding the guilt, I really think that I'm beyond that. I'm able to talk with friends and be really open with my wife. I don't hide anything any more. It's mostly a closed chapter.

I've struggled with similar issues. I found that besides just flat out guilt, there can also be the more subtle belief that ejaculation is a loss. A useful reframe I've found is that ejaculation is a purchase. You are spending your seed, and you can do so wastefully or you can make wise investments. The latter is essentially where sex magick begins. Sex magick has a dark connotation to some, but it's simply using orgasm/ejaculation to energize your intentions. A simple example could be, "I trust that this is the right time for me to ejaculate. I offer this orgasmic energy up to the Tao. I am certain this energy will be purified and returned to me tenfold so that I may be happy and healthy in my absolute commitment to realizing Truth in this lifetime."

Sean

Some thoughts: you say your body seems to tell you when it's time to ejaculate. How does it do so? What is are the exact syptoms that suggest something needs to change? Could that change be achieved other than by ejaculation? Might you simply need to purify one or more parts of your system to enable them to accommodate the circulating enrgy for longer or indefinitely?

When you receive the message that ejaculation is needed, at what stage is that? At the last moment before it happens, or some time before? If the latter, maybe you do something different when you know ejaculation is coming soon.

Maybe you need to store energy as well as circulating it, so that when you ejaculate not everything you've been playing with whooshes out.

Or maybe do some still meditation, so you can find peace and tranquility within your usual high energy state. Then you might be able to find them during the period of low energy and it wouldn't bum you out so much.

Just ideas.

you could do what I do after sex and hug your knees while rocking back and forth in the shower......

I'm kidding

Edited by Christoph

I've struggled with similar issues. I found that besides just flat out guilt, there can also be the more subtle belief that ejaculation is a loss. A useful reframe I've found is that ejaculation is a purchase. You are spending your seed, and you can do so wastefully or you can make wise investments. The latter is essentially where sex magick begins. Sex magick has a dark connotation to some, but it's simply using orgasm/ejaculation to energize your intentions. A simple example could be, "I trust that this is the right time for me to ejaculate. I offer this orgasmic energy up to the Tao. I am certain this energy will be purified and returned to me tenfold so that I may be happy and healthy in my absolute commitment to realizing Truth in this lifetime."

Sean

Sean,

Wonderful approach, very helpful. Thanks.

"The Diet" is the Orgasmic Diet available on amazon. The book is the best resource, but Witch has been very generous in her coaching here on this site. Just search for her posts. I think the fish oil will do the trick. At the very least, take a generous dose of fish oil immediately after ejaculation and that alone should really help.

Come to think of it, this whole issue may just be a DHA deficiency...

I must respond--for health reasons someone taking high-dose fish oil should always also take a multivitamin.

So Yoda, have you found less post-ejaculation depression if taking fish oil? The DHA part of fish oil is fast-acting, you should notice the effect within a couple hours.

I think our bodies use DHA as a sort of currency. Breastmilk is high in DHA (when the mother is well-fed) and so is semen (the DHA is absorbed through the vaginal walls).

Also, my two cents--if you are surrendering your energy to "the Tao" and expecting it back tenfold, wouldn't it be better to visualize surrendering it to a female personification of the Tao? I would think it would at least be more effective.

can you tell me more about this "heart chackra" opening?

every tradition has it.

only it's a long way from where we stand.

to open the heart is something else. you seem to talk about the chackra...

I've never had a teacher in this, except a long while ago a tai chi teacher, but that was more for fitness than anything religious. So I can only relate my own personal experience.

I had been having two or three dozen vaginal orgasms a day for I think six months, it's been a while, most of them minor spontaneous flexing orgasms (those seem to build up energy best when a man is not involved). I started feeling a rising of energy in my abdomen, and pretty soon it had made its way to the center of my chest. There was a constant feeling of pressure, almost like a full bladder or full breasts when I used to breastfeed, except it was in the center of my chest, at my heart. One day it came out, in what I call a heart chakra orgasm. Since then I have these frequently, typically once a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. For a while I tried to stop having them altogether and it was very difficult. I had to have seven or eight ejaculatory orgasms a day to get rid of the energy and it was time-consuming (those take longer than my regular cul de sac orgasms). So I went back to my bad ways.

I don't think this is the same as what people talk about when they say the heart chakra opening up. This ability is greatly stimulated by chest-to-chest contact with men, particularly naked contact. It feels natural for me to make a thrusting motion with my chest to elicit this when I am embracing a man, and when it happens my back naturally goes back in an arch, and I feel almost like jets of energy pumping from the center of my chest, very similar in feel to watching a man ejaculate, similar timing and duration. After it happens I am most definitely drained of energy, not completely but there is a decrease and I feel satisfied. If it is a strong one, sometimes I faint afterwards, and I frequently burst into happy tears. It is an overwhelming and deeply sexual sensation and feels very emotional.

Since then I have seen pictures of women who seem to be doing this, but I might be wrong. I will hunt around and post links.

Generally if I do this to men, even if they don't know, it changes the way they relate to me. It seems to form an emotional attraction. I generally feel the need to do this after having sex, both to be polite to return the energy, also because it feels so good.

Here are links:

http://www.masters-of-photography.com/imag...isneau_kiss.jpg

http://www.gallerym.com/images/work/big/ei...ss%201945_L.jpg

http://jblstatue.com/pictures/t_sset.jpg

Bother, I can't find a Hindu one, but every Indian restaurant I've been in, just about, has a picture of a women embracing a man with this same thing, very excitedly pressing her chest against his, head thrown back.

please allow me to make a notice: you seem to have very good resources.

but eventually even a lady's resources can drain up.

i dont see you doing that just yet.

better keep, as you say, an eye out for other insights.

i too love to rely only on what my body says, of course, i'm young and restless.

but it is the jonction between the mind, heart and body, the one that taoists call Yi - it knows better

hey, youre on a taoist board, you should have learned a thing or two :)

this is one of them. not the mind, not the body, not the heart. but them united. this is Yi.

i dont think you can google out more on this.

you should ask a qualified teacher, whatever qualified may mean.

it could boost your performance and wisdom to ever higher levels.

and....

should i tell you :rolleyes:

(i wonder if you will think i am playing the teacher on you)

well....

here it goes.

in energy and spirit practice, you need to build something.

what?

The Sorcerer's Crossing - Taisha Abelar

This may give you a hint. Please enjoy :)

in energy and spirit practice

erm...I welcome teachers! I don't know what the hell I'm doing with all this, I just know the biochemistry behind it. Although from scanning through that book at amazon, I think I've already gone through a lot of that sort of accidentally.

I can definitely feel the DHA within an hour of taking it. I'm not really doing any taoist sexual practices right now, so I don't have any problems with depression etc, but I do think the fish oil would help and maybe even solve it.