Sign in to follow this  
Imperial

posture of a text question

hi guys,

recently i got my hands on the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality by Charles Luk, and i have a question.

there is one passage that says, "The left leg should be placed outside and close the right one; this means the positive embracing the negative. The thumb of the left hand should touch its middle finger and the right hand should be placed under it (palm upward) with its thumb bent over the left palm; this means the negative embracing the positive."

does anyone have a visual representation or can anyone explain to me in a more simple way?

many thanks!

I don't know who this guy is but If he is a member of the board I hope he won't be upset that I use his image, but the posture described in the Taoist Yoga is like that:

Bak+Mei+Mudra.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know who this guy is but If he is a member of the board I hope he won't be upset that I use his image, but the posture described in the Taoist Yoga is like that: Bak+Mei+Mudra.jpg

Thank you!

I take it that the legs are in a half lotus position and i can't make out much of the hand positions

another question, would it be okay to do the full lotus instead of the half lotus?

another question, would it be okay to do the full lotus instead of the half lotus?

if you want to practice internal alchemy, then the best position would be full lotus, then half lotus and then simple cross-legged position. When you sit in the full lotus, your Qi can collect in your lower Dantian and activate your original Qi faster. Also your feet are turned to the heaven, that allows you to change some Qi circulation in your body and it will run your alchemical processes.

• Like 1

if you want to practice internal alchemy, then the best position would be full lotus, then half lotus and then simple cross-legged position. When you sit in the full lotus, your Qi can collect in your lower Dantian and activate your original Qi faster. Also your feet are turned to the heaven, that allows you to change some Qi circulation in your body and it will run your alchemical processes.

Thank you for your kind explanation!

can someone also explain the hands? I can only see the hands from the sides and do not know how the fingers should be

thanks

Exactly like in the description you posted :

The thumb of the left hand should touch its middle finger and the right hand should be placed under it (palm upward) with its thumb bent over the left palm;

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this