Sign in to follow this  
ganjaboy

Question about sexual yoga

I am celibate and have been practicing cultivation / jing retention for quite some time now, but have come to realize that it is unnatural long-term for a human to exist without experiencing occasional arousal of Kundalini energy. This is not to say to give in fully to lustful desires, but to at least allow the energy to flow through the body. Does anyone have any specific sexual yoga or meditation practice to offer apart from Chi-Gung, which I already do? Thanks.

Edited by dhiggs

I am celibate and have been practicing cultivation / jing retention for quite some time now, but have come to realize that it is unnatural long-term for a human to exist without experiencing occasional arousal of Kundalini energy. This is not to say to give in fully to lustful desires, but to at least allow the energy to flow through the body. Does anyone have any specific sexual yoga or meditation practice to offer apart from Chi-Gung, which I already do? Thanks.

Emptiness meditation.

There's no other way to sublimate sexual energy.

If you are cultivating in this way then you should experience increased energy flows in the body. I think it might be helpful to contemplate that jing/qi/shen are not so much three different things but a spectrum of energy which is, or links to feelings, emotions, thoughts and so on. Any practice you do will impact on your being in a variety of ways and the key is to be sensitive to those changes, work in a natural and unforced way and do not use unexamined concepts to block yourself up.

Emptiness mediation is a good idea.

Why?

It's good to remind oneself of what that energy is actually intended and attaching importance to retention can harm you. If you can find a fellow practitioner for a partner even better.

• Like 1

+1

Celibacy is just wrong for "householders".

It isn't especially healthy for a proportion of the ordained either as we can all see, should we care to peruse news media.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

It's good to remind oneself of what that energy is actually intended and attaching importance to retention can harm you. If you can find a fellow practitioner for a partner even better.

Interesting, thanks for clarifying. TBH, I almost feel like the goal of ultimate spiritual development compensates for the supposedly morally ambiguous notion of sex outside of a relationship. What is your belief with regard to that?

+1

Celibacy is just wrong for "householders".

It isn't especially healthy for a proportion of the ordained either as we can all see, should we care to peruse news media.

Maybe that's why I continually feel as if I am losing my mind.

Edited by dhiggs

Boffing outside a relationship is just wrong, sad and, potentially; abusive.

The idea being to find one's significant other and then boff away to your mutual hearts' content.

Try TaiChi.

Nine times out of ten you'll be the only guy in the class and all the lasses will have similar interests to you as far as cultivation goes.

Yoga and TaiChi classes beat speed dating hands down plus you get to learn new cultivations.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

The idea being to find one's significant other and then boff away to your mutual hearts' content.

Try TaiChi.

Nine times out of ten you'll be the only guy in the class and all the lasses will have similar interests to you as far as cultivation goes.

Yoga and TaiChi classes beat speed dating hands down plus you get to learn new cultivations.

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were supporting it. My intention isn't to be promiscuous, however I understand that sexuality is a natural and healthy desire. I'm just trying to find ways to channel it that are not detrimental.

• Like 1

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were supporting it. My intention isn't to be promiscuous, however I understand that sexuality is a natural and healthy desire. I'm just trying to find ways to channel it that are not detrimental.

Meaningful boffing is the best remedy for sure.

If all else fails then other avenues are sure to present.

Your own body is your best teacher, work with it rather than against it.

All things in moderation and be kind to yourself.

• Like 1

Meaningful boffing is the best remedy for sure. If all else fails then other avenues are sure to present. Your own body is your best teacher, work with it rather than against it. All things in moderation and be kind to yourself. :)

This middle path is something I could agree to. Maybe I should have a girlfriend, but at the same time be aware of the power of cultivation from time to time, energy transmutation for creativity, and the ability to express love without sex as well. That genuine, flexible sort of lifestyle seems very Daoist to me. :)

I don't know if I could ever handle 100% celibacy, at least at this point in my life (20 years old). I almost feel like it can make me embody symptoms of mental illness or sexual dysfunction/disorder.

Edited by dhiggs
  • Like 2

Try TaiChi.

Chunyi Lin's "good, better, best" distinctions could be applied here.

It is good to have sex with someone with whom you feel a connection. It is better to have sex with someone with whom you are in a relationship. It is best to have sex with someone with whom you are in a long-term, committed relationship.

Also, my tai chi school must be odd. In the 6 years I've been attending, there have only ever been a few female students and only 1 of them has been there the entire time I have. There is another tai chi group in town that is primarily women, but they are also all 50+, so if you're a young guy, might not be the best place to meet ladies.

If you want to meet young women who are into cultivation, I would recommend yoga classes.

• Like 2

Definitely not QiGong classes!

Those tend to attract seniors.

Yoga's a good call as long as you can stand the flatulence.

That back row gets the worst of it.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

If you want to meet young women who are into cultivation, I would recommend yoga classes.

GMP is in Britain, I imagine that the taiji culture is a little different. Yoga class and/or Wiccan group would probably be the best bet here in the States but the latter, in my experience, is usually full of people who enjoy the roleplay aspect of learning the rituals than the actual practice.

• Like 1

It is good to have sex with someone with whom you feel a connection. It is better to have sex with someone with whom you are in a relationship. It is best to have sex with someone with whom you are in a long-term, committed relationship.

Also, my tai chi school must be odd. In the 6 years I've been attending, there have only ever been a few female students and only 1 of them has been there the entire time I have. There is another tai chi group in town that is primarily women, but they are also all 50+, so if you're a young guy, might not be the best place to meet ladies.

That all sounds great to me, thanks. From there I'd probably have to get a teacher for further advice on practice.

This is apples and oranges a bit, but I visited a Buddhist monastery awhile back and learned that the monks are (obviously) all celibate...I would imagine they have very high-level energy transformation going on. I believe that sexual energy is very strong, and celibacy can and will drive you insane unless you are sublimating efficiently.

Like I said, I'm a layperson (immature pun haha), but I don't think that means I can't also be aware of the energies and work with them instead of making mistakes in ignorance. It's all becoming clearer over time, which is good :)

That all sounds great to me, thanks. From there I'd probably have to get a teacher for further advice on practice.

This is apples and oranges a bit, but I visited a Buddhist monastery awhile back and learned that the monks are (obviously) all celibate...I would imagine they have very high-level energy transformation going on. I believe that sexual energy is very strong, and celibacy can and will drive you insane unless you are sublimating efficiently.

Like I said, I'm a layperson (immature pun haha), but I don't think that means I can't also be aware of the energies and work with them instead of making mistakes in ignorance. It's all becoming clearer over time, which is good :)

For the sake of discussion, I have done some bodybuilding since becoming retention / cultivation, and have actually had better results than I ever had before attempting the practice. I would imagine yoga would also be positive in due fashion. Keep the jing, the spirit improves, the body improves, the mind is clear and the heart is genuine. Cool stuff :)

Sign in to follow this