Sign in to follow this  
GrandmasterP

TaiChi Kite Flying

Yep.

Kite flying is great fun.

I used to kite surf but too old n slow for anything beyond body boarding nowadays so it's been good to discover low wind kites.

Never tried it 'as ' cultivation but for sure you are 'cultivating' sometimes when flying... Sometimes.

Never at or beyond those times that the kite crashes though or decides on freedom, breaks the string and then high tails it far out to sea never to be seen again.

Edited by GrandmasterP

wow, that was very very interesting, and I think too, a good cultivation method to explore. Looks like a finished product, made of high-tech materials. I wonder if it would be possible to build from scratch

• Like 1

wow, that was very very interesting, and I think too, a good cultivation method to explore. Looks like a finished product, made of high-tech materials. I wonder if it would be possible to build from scratch

The kite festivals generally feature a 'build and fly your own kite' workshop.

For a small fee they get all the materials and instruction but those are bery basic kites.

The smaller model of the low or no wind kite costs around £40 which isn't very much consideringbthe carbon fibre struts and hi tech fabrics.

It would probably cost as much if not more to source the materials oneself then there's the time and 'tuning'.

Factory built kites are consistent hence so is the tuning.

Home made you either get it wrong or have to endlessly tinker with tuning.

The commercial manufactures have an 'economy of scale' that the one off kite builder doesn't have access to.

Sign in to follow this