Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

internet phones?

So basically what im talking about is an internet cell phone. A phone that only works when someone is around wifi. The positive is that it can be as cheap or cheaper than $20 a year.

My friend uses a mix of Skype for making and recieving phone calls and then Google Voice for free texting. While he is only paying about $25 a year, the catch is that he has two different numbers one for calling and one for texting, which is a huge drag.

I'd like to move to an internet phone. Does anyone have any better ideas or is currently doing something similar? It would be a huge plus if it was possible to have a single number both for texting and calling.

I have used Google Voice for some time. As far as an Internet only phone goes, what good is it in an emergency without WiFi?

I thought about them in the past, but then decided to go with Ting (25$ a month), but thats too expensive lol. they seem like they might have some hidden charges. might want to be careful. nonetheless might try them. Have you had any experience with them?

THese cheap phone companies tend to have shitty service lol :D

Sign in to follow this