Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

I thank the Universe

Nice thread topic.

Kudos for starting it.

:)

I do a 'thankfulness' five-minutes each morning on awakening.

Get to my age and each new dawn is a result.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 4

For Martial Arts.

One of the best decisions I've ever made was to start training back in 2010.

Thanks.

What do you get out of it?

• Like 1

Thanks, GrandmasterP.

Jetsun: Since starting to train I've lost 40 kg's, strengthened and toned my body and mind enormously, become disciplined and more authentic, found physical exercise that feels like home and inspires me, some interesting philosophy and something I can pursue for the rest of my life (which is looking very likely at this point, given that my interest is beginning to deepen further).

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 1

I find myself saying "thank you" and now realize just how much I use to "pray" though I did not see it as praying but rather talking to "the supreme being".

Now, instead of a request for blessing or something I can't seem to come up with anything but "thank you".

• Like 3

Super point.

Prayer is a slightly unfashionable word in 'our' neck of the woods but we've chatted elsewhere on TTB about it.

Cultivating with benevolent intention for someone else seems ( to me) akin to what someone on a different path to us might well term 'prayer'.

How different is a Pure Land Buddhist cultivating Nembutsu with intention that all sentient beings might become Buddhas - from a Christian praying for the wellbeing of others?

OK dogmatically they may be poles apart, but in the heart of each, Buddhist or Christian I reckon that something very similar is manifest.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Sign in to follow this