Mandrake

Suggested interview: Trunk

I've followed Trunk's posts since the time when we hang out at the forums at HealingDaoUSA.

What in my opinion stands out with his approach to cultivation is the deep practicality, research into several modalities in order to explain what happens in cultivation, medical systems to clarify and to give hints for further fine-tuning and tricks, non-dogmaticism (he has not become emotionally invested in a system), and ability to add whatever experientially works.

Many are the posts that elucidate some interesting fact about our physical and esoteric anatomy that I hitherto hadn't considered, but also usually connected to some technique making it accessible in the moment.

Also, with experience comes maturity, and humbleness; humility to acknowledge and discuss the grey areas, and the void spots in one's knowledge of cultivation. I think this is exemplified by Trunk as well. To add to this, is a reservoir of pitfalls, do's and don'ts that have been encountered in various settings that I know Trunk has been part of; this is very valuable and at least some of it used to be on the homepage he maintained.

So, although you don't seek to be in the lime-light, would you consent to an interview Trunk? It would be much appreciated.

Mandrake

• Like 7

Seems to me that over the decades you've been working on a Unification Theory; connecting body (fascia,tendons, circulatory system), energy (points and circulation) and breath (physical and deeper aspects).

How has your research and practice evolved? What connections have you made?

• Like 1

Seems to me that over the decades you've been working on a Unification Theory; connecting body (fascia,tendons, circulatory system), energy (points and circulation) and breath (physical and deeper aspects).

How has your research and practice evolved? What connections have you made?

That is something I'm interested in writing about - and I'm actually working on an e-book in that territory. I intend to publish it on amazon, cheap ($4.99), perhaps under a pseudonym. Long term project ... I find that I torture myself over the wording of paragraphs: I'm trying to cover an over-all view clearly, in as short a space as possible.

When I think about writing 'my own story' (at least how I see it right now) it's disaster after disaster, lol. And a big part of my process / situation is repairing my own wretched condition, lol. It's a series of interesting, but not pretty, spiritual adventures... "double-edged" for certain. I don't know that it would serve anyone for me to write those things in public... but distilling "lessons learned" and "healthy orientation" could be very helpful. Also I've thought of little vignettes "notes from the dysfunctional mystic" to work into that. I have mixed feelings, cautious, about publishing an e-book, even under a pseudonym, or giving an interview ... or anything that would put me in the spotlight until I fix my own boat (also I have an aversion to the spotlight in general, just my personality). Maybe I will anyhow, I don't know. Right now I'm just going slow-writing on that project.

That's my blab on it this moment anyhow.

p.s. I know I sound like a broken record, even to myself, but...

I do find Sifu Matsuo's system to be a kind of first-aid station for people like me (or to avoid the typical pit-falls before falling into them if you are so fortunate), so I've found it efficient to just point to his stuff.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

You had me at "disaster after disaster". :D I would look forward to learning more of both your story, and your views on practices, in an interview!

(It should go without saying that I found your website very helpful back in the day)

• Like 2