Sometimes we think the "cities" are bad and we move to the country.

But do we choose to play the guitar because we hate the piano?

(Hint - this is not a county vs city argument or a cave vs busy city argument)

Cities are awful though.

We once lived in London.

Good job, awful city.

Since 2005 we've lived 'deeply rural' and it's nice but getting busier by the month with new builds springing up since they changed the zoning laws.

Hence, all being well and before summer ends we'll have removed to deeply rural seaside.

That way, at least on one side of the property, nobody ( without gills) can build new houses.

Wherever we have lived we're the same people but a noisy environment impacts upon peace.

For Mrs GMP and myself if we can only just see our closest neighbour's chimneys then that's plenty close enough.

One thing I have noticed since living here in the boonies is that some city folk who buy a rural idyll hereabouts tend not to stay much beyond their first wet winter.

We only get the two seasons - Warm and Mud.

'Mud' being by far the longest of those two seasons.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

The mountain city where I live seems to be pretty spiritually aware. Lots of people are drawn here for spiritual work, and are then sent back off to other places. Sometimes they come back and merge into deeper layers. Right now I've been living in the land pretty much right in the city, and am getting the message to move about 10 miles away.

I think we play the guitar because in the context of our current situation playing the guitar makes us feel better. Or maybe the piano.

I like living in the city because I can mostly avoid driving. The past 5 months of only needing to get in the car once or twice a week has resulted in a nice feeling of groundedness.

Being in the heart the city so much, I feel I've connected to an energetic hub of sorts, and I get the idea that I'm now being sent off to a spoke where I will still be connected to the hub, but helping more to support the web of connections the hub is a part of.

Simply existing in the city, I am a part of the dynamic changes within the city, but from a regional context the city is very unbalanced and top-heavy. By flowing out of the city perhaps I can help bring greater grounding to the city.

In any case, I don't feel I am moving because I like one place and dislike another place, more because in the context of my current development this change is more beneficial, at least to myself, and perhaps also to the energetic flow of the land.

These two places aren't separate, they are connected to all places. By allowing myself to listen to how the changes in my life are connected to the changes all around me, I am able to let myself flow to where I might be able to do the best work, or so I hope.

In another context, the piano has a steeper learning curve than the guitar. Just as is it more difficult to find harmony and dissolve conflict within a city.

That was one reason I attempted to avoid leaving the city, I didn't just want to be caving to pressure. But as soon as I made the decision to stay, I got another message to leave. Maybe I'll be back. At some point I think I have karma to deal with in SF.