BaguaKicksAss

Poll about jewelry :)

Pendant size?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What size / diamater pendants do you usually wear / prefer?

• 1"
    • 1 1/4"
    • 1.5"
    • 1 3/4"
    • 2"
    • 1/4"
    • 1/2"
    • 3/4"

I'm making a new line of pendants but not sure which sized people usually prefer. I'm hoping to get votes from both men and women. Personally I prefer 2" size, but I know that is larger than usual...

Thanks! :)

What kind of pendants, bka?

Some like this: http://thetaobums.com/topic/35483-jewelry/

And some etched into the metal.

Doing a set of images from ancient Egypt and Mesepotamia for my next bunch. Just deciding on sizes now.

Also doing some tarot cards, but those have to be a certain size to get the detail in (since I hand draw them into wax first).

Actually I have found that men like to wear larger ones. Go figure. What is Mrs. GMP's vote? :)

She says 1 inch.

She wears a locket about that width.

I used to wear an 18K Indian Gold medallion ( Maha Lakshmi Goddess of Good Fortune) and that was about an inch wide on a heavy chain.

Chopped it in for scrap back when gold went mega.

( Pretty lucky with the price I got for it too).

:)

Not worn one since.

I do remember that fashion for men to wear really big blingy medallions.

That was back in the flared trousers era though and went the same way.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Men would never wear a large shiny pendant, that would look bad (with current fashion trends lol), but an unpolished or darked pendant is OK depending. Some occultists like to show off their talismans!

I'm making a new line of pendants but not sure which sized people usually prefer. I'm hoping to get votes from both men and women. Personally I prefer 2" size, but I know that is larger than usual...

Thats armour :D

• Like 1

Some like this: http://thetaobums.com/topic/35483-jewelry/

And some etched into the metal.

Doing a set of images from ancient Egypt and Mesepotamia for my next bunch. Just deciding on sizes now.

Snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

Also doing some tarot cards, but those have to be a certain size to get the detail in (since I hand draw them into wax first).

Oooooo oooo ! What style / deck are they based on .... or is it your own design ?

THIS really interests me ( I might even know a few people that want one).

( A 'Sumerian pendant' saved me once ! .... it repelled 5 of them that 'accosted' me in a public toilet ..... saved me ' teaching them a lesson' that is .... ;) )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

Oooooo oooo ! What style / deck are they based on .... or is it your own design ?

THIS really interests me ( I might even know a few people that want one).

( A 'Sumerian pendant' saved me once ! .... it repelled 5 of them that 'accosted' me in a public toilet ..... saved me ' teaching them a lesson' that is .... ;) )

The Rider Waite one. Ohh, I didn't think of doing a few different decks. The more artistic ones would be cool. Fortunately I'm really good at copying sketches. I did work on drawing my own tarot deck years back as I had it in my mind one really should.. but the project was aborted after about halfway through the major arcana lol.

Well to warn you, my prices are high, since I do everything custom one at a time. If something takes off though maybe make a batch...

Depends on your customers size (height and weight) IMO. I'm 70" and have an emerald Buddha in a 1.5" 23k gold amulet. I prefer 23k Thai baht gold chains...as the clasp is at the pendent, not hidden at the back of the neck,...and seen by locals as more spiritual, then Western clasps.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrTcX4qyLxTc2IARmqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsZ29xY3ZzBHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEc2xrA2J1dHRvbg--;_ylc=X1MDOTYwNjI4NTcEX3IDMgRiY2sDMjN0Z3NvNTlqdHQ1cyUyNmIlM0Q0JTI2ZCUzRC5ISTR6aEJwWUVKcXI4YU9nX3FNemJlQ0ZXaEMzck9vMUhWZWtnLS0lMjZzJTNEbzYlMjZpJTNEYmNUUVY4X3pDZ3ZuMUpRaHlTaUgEZnIDZnAteWllMTAEZ3ByaWQDRG9PUWNvV05SZ1czeDNTek50MzRQQQRtdGVzdGlkA251bGwEbl9zdWdnAzAEb3JpZ2luA2ltYWdlcy5zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzQyBHF1ZXJ5AzIzayBlbWVyYWxkIEJ1ZGRoYSBhbXVsZXQgd2l0aCB0aGFpIGNoYWluLgR0X3N0bXADMTQwNDg4MTAwOTUxMwR2dGVzdGlkA251bGw-?gprid=DoOQcoWNRgW3x3SzNt34PA&pvid=2JV9qjIwNi4h9hzBUz70vBE_MTgwLgAAAABVSjhs&p=23k+emerald+Buddha+amulet+with+thai+chain.&fr=fp-yie10&fr2=sb-top&ei=UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

I also polled my customers and 1-1.5" seems to be the favorite size for everyday wear.

LOL about the crystal pendant and tennis (or was that from the other thread?) No pointy jewelry during active stuff :D. Actually no jewelry outside of clothing during anything active is best, even regular chains can cause problems. To bad about the crystal though!

Fortunately I've never had jewelry bloopers ;).

Sounds pretty awesome, thanks for sharing :). Have you found any problems with 23K being to soft, as in any bending or getting marked up easily? Nice photos/design.

Thai's prefer 23k. From what I've noticed, they're easier on jewelry then Westerners. They remove with mindfulness at night, and wai it before putting back on in the morning:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0SO8xXz9L1TDQ0AKntXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0YmdmMWFrBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQ2OF8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=fp-yie10&va=thai+wai

• Like 1