3bob

idiots on the road to enlightenment

What an idiot that guy is, almost stopping in front of me to make a right turn off the main boulevard where there are no stop lights calling for such, %*#$! while I'm in a hurry to get home and read my new books on how to attain enlightenment...

• Like 10

Well observed 3bob.

"When you see an unworthy person examine yourself closely."

• Like 5

Seems like we swing between enlightenment and endarkenment from moment to moment, lol.

Did you manage to flip him off??

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

Well observed 3bob.

"When you see an unworthy person examine yourself closely."

That op was for a little fun although sometimes strangely true for many of us...

I might modify your sentence with: "when you see an apparently unworthy person examine yourself closely"

• Like 2

Seems like we swing between enlightenment and endarkenment from moment to moment, lol.

Did you manage to flip him off??

well in one case quite awhile ago she flipped me off, lol

• Like 1

well in one case quite awhile ago she flipped me off, lol

So this is an ongoing chingazo, lol?

When I see somebody getting into a rage like that (and here I have abundant opportunity) I enjoy pushing them over the edge little bit more....or do something completely random to throw them off.

Sometimes it's amusing just to see what they will do next... Other times people get so angry that the rage bubble bursts and all that anger gets released.

I know I'm a bastard...but hey, if I didn't get involved they'd still be having a crappy day...at least somebody is able to get a kick out of it ;)

What an idiot that guy is, almost stopping in front of me to make a right turn off the main boulevard where there are no stop lights calling for such, %*#$! while I'm in a hurry to get home and read my new books on how to attain enlightenment...

tsk ...tsk...

You follower of the lesser vehicle... :unsure:

I'm a mahayana buddhist, I don't get angry because I want to attain enlightenment to benefit all sentient idiots. _/|\_

tumblr_mj2ezsxFH11r0lxmlo1_500.gif

Is there an assumption this is a sign telling you that you cross a red lamp allegorically that is why you encounter it in real life?

Is there an assumption this is a sign telling you that you cross a red lamp allegorically that is why you encounter it in real life?

that could be an interesting tangential extrapolation, go for it...

• Like 1

tsk ...tsk...

You follower of the lesser vehicle... :unsure:

I'm a mahayana buddhist, I don't get angry because I want to attain enlightenment to benefit all sentient idiots. _/|\_

who is this "you" and who is this "I", the four-fold negation knows. (or should it be said that it knows that it doesn't know)

Edited by 3bob

who is this "you" and who is this "I", the four-fold negation knows. (or should it be said that it knows that it doesn't know)

It's just the relative bodhicitta thing, meaning that as long as I have a dualistic mind, I see the world as populated by sentient idiots and I consider myself the bodhisattva-saviour of humanity.

Yet, I have to work on my mind because sometimes I think that I am the real idiot. :P

• Like 1

When I see somebody getting into a rage like that (and here I have abundant opportunity) I enjoy pushing them over the edge little bit more....or do something completely random to throw them off.

Sometimes it's amusing just to see what they will do next... Other times people get so angry that the rage bubble bursts and all that anger gets released.

I know I'm a bastard...but hey, if I didn't get involved they'd still be having a crappy day...at least somebody is able to get a kick out of it ;)

Yes, on my passive-aggressive days I like to turn on all my emergency blinkers if somebody is tailgaiting me, and slow down to about 20, lol. Then I like to smile at them as they floor their gas trying to get around me. it makes me chuckle, always resulting in a good time for me....not so much for the other guy.

• Like 1

Yes, on my passive-aggressive days I like to turn on all my emergency blinkers if somebody is tailgaiting me, and slow down to about 20, lol. Then I like to smile at them as they floor their gas trying to get around me. it makes me chuckle, always resulting in a good time for me....not so much for the other guy.

although that could be a promblemo in the making if the person is a border line psycho or having a bad hair day....

Edited by 3bob

although that could be a promblemo in the making if the person is a border line psycho or having a bad hair day....

LOL - yes, it was a problemo once, when the guy passed me and then did the same to me :D

HE - I love that bird. Yes--that really is the question for traffic - especially the 3rd time he did it....

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1