Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Independence Day

Happy Independence Day everyone. This is not intended for only people of the U S of A but to all the peoples of the world.

This is the closest I can get to having a Day of Anarchy. That is, to live according to our own true nature and not being told what we can and cannot do.

• Like 5

Indeed.

Those upstart colonists were exceptionally cheeky IMO!

What part of that signpost reading "New ENGLAND" did they not understand?

:(

Seriously though.....

Happy Independence Day guys.

:).

Edited by GrandmasterP

Stop upsetting the colonials!

Round these parts we still celebrate 'Washington Day' on August 24th.

( There's always a bonfire).

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

rain rain rain hurricane,

there was so much lightning last night it triggered all the photovoltaic eyes in the streetlights, and shut them off

my hands and 3rd eye were going batshit, I stayed pretty much inside except to run out and light off a couple fireworks when the rain wasnt too bad.

Thank goodness for the rebels, without them we'd be..

we'd be.. we'd be, um.. we'd be like Canada.

• Like 1

Thank goodness for the rebels, without them we'd be..

we'd be.. we'd be, um.. we'd be like Canada.

Pretty sure Canada wouldn't be the way it is today without the US having been formed...that goes for the rest of the world, too, including the UK. The world we live in today is not at all similar to the world of 1776...how might things have been different if the US hadn't broken away? Some would speculate not very different at all, knowing only the spirit of the era they're born and raised in...but I would speculate that the world would have continued on as it had at that time. Much different than today!

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-declaration-of-independence-the-words-heard-around-the-world-1404415089

eagle_freedom_da2.jpg

• Like 3

...how might things have been different if the US hadn't broken away?

Well, one thing I think would be a given - the Brits and French would be speaking German today.

• Like 1

Well, one thing I think would be a given - the Brits and French would be speaking German today.

Nein.

• Like 2

Y'all just had your Canada Day, didn't you?

Yeah, the Quebecers. NIce folks but they can't make up their mind whether they want to be Canadians, French, or Northern Cajuns.

Is it true (what someone told me) that on this day Americans make large size models of British butts and they have this ceremony where they all line up and go past and kick it. Then it shoots fireworks out of it and then it turns into a bonfire?

You got that right MH.

We still ended up with a German Royal Family but they've integrated and been accepted over time.

:)

• Like 1

I'd love to see the day when we're not separated by borders at all and are all just Citizens of the World.

I'd love to see the day when we're not separated by borders at all and are all just Citizens of the World.

Albert Camus wrote of such a condition. He called himself a Cosmopolitan.

We still have a very long way to go. Actually, further now than when Camus was still alive.

But the possibility still exists.

• Like 1

I love that last line in Camus 'The Outsider'....

"I surrendered myself to the sublime indifference of the universe"

• Like 2

I love that last line in Camus 'The Outsider'.... "I surrendered myself to the sublime indifference of the universe"

YES !!!

• Like 1

I love that last line in Camus 'The Outsider'.... "I surrendered myself to the sublime indifference of the universe"

Hehehe. I will never surrender.

(But yeah, regarding me, the universe is indifferent.)

Sign in to follow this