Sign in to follow this  
raimonio

Bibhu Dev Mishra / cataclysmic events every 3000 years

Hi :)

I know this has been discussed many times and I'm not sure if these links have already been posted (tried searching found nothing) but the guy seems to have been done some serious research in the subject which feels like a fresh breeze after all the new age mumbo jumbo going around :P

So please, enjoy :)

http://bibhudev.blogspot.fi/2012/07/end-of-kali-yuga-in-2025-unraveling.html?m=1

http://bibhudev.blogspot.fi/2011/05/are-edgar-cayce-prophecies-coming-true.html?m=1

from http://bibhudev.blog...g-true.html?m=1

In fact, from 1997 onwards, the level of earthquakes has really increased all over the globe. For instance, between 1986 and 1996 (inclusive), over a period of 11 years, there were 15 earthquakes listed by USGS having magnitude of 7.0 or greater. But between 1997 and 2007 (inclusive), over a period of 11 years, there have been 99 earthquakes with magnitude 7.0 or greater. This is more than a six-fold increase over the previous period. By limiting the statistic to earthquakes above 7.0, we can ensure that the increase in the number of earthquakes over this period cannot be attributed to a corresponding increase in the number of seismograph stations across the world, since such high intensity earthquakes above 7.0 could have been easily detected by a lower number of seismograph stations.

from http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/increase_in_earthquakes.php

Are Earthquakes Really on the Increase?

We continue to be asked by many people throughout the world if earthquakes are on the increase. Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant.

A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years. The NEIC now locates about 20,000 earthquakes each year or approximately 50 per day. Also, because of the improvements in communications and the increased interest in the environment and natural disasters, the public now learns about more earthquakes.

According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.

Edited by thelerner

You seem to be right on the earthquakes, what about other stuff? http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/climatechange/steady-increase-in-climate-rel/19974069

Dunno about you, but the weather conditions where I live have started to become rather ridiculous during the past years, for example now it is supposed to be summer, but the last month was spent using the kind of clothes you wear in the fall.. I am only 30 years old, so maybe there was this kind of stuff before I was born..

Now ofcourse it would be reasonable to blame the pollution for climate change but it is just as reasonable to think that there might be another cause, I would just as much speak for climate change due to pollution, but I am just saying..

I found the article better than most new age stuff, atleast the guy had references :P

The daoist ancients said that men started becoming wicked, all great mystic traditions speak of a golden age and natural cataclysms.. in the beginning of bible people talk to god etc, but then it gets further away until he doesnt really speak at all and people have trouble contacting him.. in the gnostic texts they say that god or jesus or something cant remember what decided to make magic etc harder because people were too selfish (cant remember how it went exactly but something like this), some daoist masters have said that way before in time people were taught magic, now they are taught inner alchemy first because they are so selfish its not a good plan to give them powers anymore? In egypt after the collapse of cultures due to natural disasters the next were more incompetent in doing the stuff the previous guys had done etc..

Countless of different traditions are talking about a similar kind of idea of different ages.. it just happens to be that during the time this imagenary kali yuga age of ours is supposed to end stuff is happening, science, raise in IQ, climate change etc etc..

I dont firmly believe in any of this but it does pick my interest.. with all the variables at hand I feel it is atleast reasonable to play with the idea, but if others here think that it is compeletely impossible that the yugas could exist and every 3000 years there would be cataclysmic events coupled with a change in our nature then let us sink this thread and forget about it :P

Edited by raimonio

Sign in to follow this