Aetherous

PPF behavior and rules

PPF behavior and rules  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable in your opinion, for a member to make threads in their PPF that are titled with another member's screenname, where they are basically negative toward that member, and then delete that member's posts when they respond in that th...

• Yes
    • No
    • I enjoy the feeling of fences on my huiyin

Question for all (which I am attempting to make into a poll). I've encountered a situation that I think is good to be addressed by the community and/or moderators.

Scenario: Would it be okay if I made a thread in my personal practice forum, where I used your screenname in the thread title without your permission, where I continued to harass you after having been asked to stop by you, where I insult you with what I think are true terms regarding you despite you saying that you are feeling insulted by those terms, where I delete any responses you make (because we are able to moderate our own PPFs) so that essentially, you cannot defend yourself in that thread with your name as the title?

I tend to think that it should not be allowed here. I should not be able to basically make negative threads about other members in my PPF. Do you agree?

Thanks for your opinions. And FYI, the issue between myself and that member is over and doesn't need to be discussed...but this is a general question of how this forum should work for all of us. Should the same scenario happen to others besides myself?

Question for all (which I am attempting to make into a poll). I've encountered a situation that I think is good to be addressed by the community and/or moderators.

Scenario: Would it be okay if I made a thread in my personal practice forum, where I used your screenname in the thread title without your permission, where I continued to harass you after having been asked to stop by you, where I insult you with what I think are true terms regarding you despite you saying that you are feeling insulted by those terms, where I delete any responses you make (because we are able to moderate our own PPFs) so that essentially, you cannot defend yourself in that thread with your name as the title?

I tend to think that it should not be allowed here. I should not be able to basically make negative threads about other members in my PPF. Do you agree?

Thanks for your opinions. And FYI, the issue between myself and that member is over and doesn't need to be discussed...but this is a general question of how this forum should work for all of us. Should the same scenario happen to others besides myself?

The sort of thing you describe sounds like it is best written on a toilet wall ... not even a public toilet, but one's own private toilet.

• Like 2

I voted NO. It will not be tolerated to call out a member... and then on top of that to delete two of their replies.

Bad taste, bad form, bad idea from the start.

• Like 4

Now the PP thread is hidden.

She appears to have deleted all her threads.

Hope it wasnt because I inadvertently compared her PP to a toilet wall :wacko:

What I meant was, if one WANTS to write up and name people and not have them respond, (and not get trouble) it better be where no one else can see it .... like a 'diary' .

• Like 2

I saw all this coming right at the start of that 'feminism helps men' topic.

• Like 2

@ Aetherous

I don't know who this involves (other than you) but I've voted "No".

Clearly, it's totally unacceptable.

• Like 1

This is the ultimate no brainer and such behaviour could never be deemed acceptable.

• Like 1

WTF happened?

How come BKA is wanting to leave TTB?

She's an asset.

must have been something you did. thanks a lot

:ph34r:

Could we all try to at least once give full spelling to what can later be just letters?

What is a PPF?

• Like 1

Could we all try to at least once give full spelling to what can later be just letters?

What is a PPF?

you're so sweet :wub:

What is a PPF?

I remember when I was in the military... they joked that everything had an acronym...

The proper way is:

PPD = Personal Practice Discussion

But the Bums way is:

PPF = Personal Practice Forum

When you're at the top entry level of TTB, the forum area called "Back Room" , then the second section.

What is a PPF?

ok, spotless, since you were kind enough to like my previous post, it's, get ready for it... it's Personal Practice Forum (the forums that some member have in their own names - I think you have one, no?)

edit - ah, the bossman was quicker

Edited by soaring crane

I am sweet and still dont know what a PPF is...........

Portable Potato Fryer?

Pot Packaging Franchise?

Personal Potentate Forum? (i think im getting closer)

• Like 1

I remember when I was in the military... they joked that everything had an acronym...

The proper way is:

PPD = Personal Practice Discussion

But the Bums way is:

PPF = Personal Practice Forum

When you're at the top entry level of TTB, the forum area called "Back Room" , then the second section.

Nice explanation, but what is TTB? (just kidding!)

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

Nice explanation, but what is TTB?

I wish I had seen that coming :D

TheTaoBums :wub: