Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

Sufism/Islam and entheogens

Dunno about anyone else but I never open links that come without at least some explanation as to content.

There are some sick puppies out there.

Not you buddy but just sayin' is all.

Say 'what it is' and more folks will possibly take a looksee.

HTH

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I kinda shivered when I saw the title here but it was an interesting article. I just skimmed it, but it involved the religious aspects and legalities of opening up ayahausa (misspelled) to Shi' Muslims. Interesting, not that it'll have much effect on me, but if a drug brings a little joy and open awareness to some people and taken under intelligent controls, imo why not.

• Like 1

Hey Gp, thanks for the tip! like thelearner said, it's about a sufi who uses dmt and his consulation/dialouge with someone connected to a ayatollah, who through the dialouge issued a fatwa saying it is legal to use entheogens under guidance for spiritual purposes for muslims. But this doesn't include anything that hinders mental function in the long term.

I thought it was interesting because it shows to certain extent how some of the world along with science is opening up to the potential of these natural substances.

Maybe not that many of you would find it interesting, but for the few who may, i posted it.

Best,

Edward

• Like 1

Cheers buddy.

Hope you didn't mind me saying.

No way was I having a pop at you.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Wow, it turns out the Grand Ayatollah of Iran is far more open and enlightened than most of the other ruling politicians and religious leaders.

• Like 2

I tried the syrian rue/mimosa hostilis version of Ayahuasca. I don't recommend it. I may have overdone it with the rue, but I found it to be very unpleasant.

That's really interesting that it's becoming acceptable for Muslims to take it. Certainly, it should be done in the context of religious ceremony, and the dietary restrictions cannot be emphasized enough. There is serious danger of hypertensive crisis if you eat the wrong things before or after you take it.

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this