C T

Laughter is the best antidote to contraction!

Did we or did we not have a 'What made you laugh today' thread somewhere? Where did it vanish to? Anyways, here's something my brother shared with me yesterday and which i thought was pretty hilarious. Here goes....

After getting all of Pope Benedict's luggage loaded into the limo (mind you, the Pope never travels light), the chauffeur notices His Excellency is still standing on the curb.

"Excuse me, Your Holiness," says the chauffeur, "Could you please take your seat so we can leave now?"

"Well, to tell you the truth," says the Pope, "they never let me drive at the Vatican when i was cardinal, and I'd really love to drive today."

"I'm sorry, Your Holiness, but I cannot let you do that. I'd lose my job! What if something should happen?", protests the driver, wishing he'd never gone to work that morning.

"Who's going to tell?", asks the Pope, his eyes twinkling.

With great foreboding, the driver gets in the back as the Pope gets in behind the wheel.

The poor driver quickly regrets his decision when, after exiting the airport, the Pontiff floors the super-charged limo, accelerating furiously, taking the car over 150 mph in a matter of seconds! (Remember, His Excellency is German....)

"Please, please slow down, Your Holiness!", pleads the worried man, but the Pope keeps the pedal to the metal until the fast-approaching sounds of wailing sirens broke the excitement somewhat.

"Oh dear God, I'm going to lose my license, my job, and going to jail for sure," bemoaned the fear-riddled chauffeur.

The Pope pulls over leisurely, clicks the auto button to roll the window down as the cop approaches. The cop takes one look, and briskly walks back to his patrol bike and gets on the radio.

"I need to speak to the Chief now," he says rather animatedly to the dispatcher.

The Chief gets on the radio and the cop tells him that he's just stopped a limo going at more than 150 mph.

"So bust him," says the Chief.

"I don't think we want to do that, he's really important."

"All the more reason," exclaimed the impatient Chief.

"No, i mean, really really important," said the traffic cop with a bit of persistence in his voice.

"Who do you have there, the mayor?"

Cop: "Bigger."

Chief: "A senator?"

Chief: "The Minister of Transport?"

Chief: "Don't bloody tell me its the Prime Minister?"

Cop: "Bigger even."

"Well," said the Chief, "who the hell is it?"

Cop: "I think its God!"

The Chief becomes completely baffled, and asks, "What makes you think its God?"

Cop: "Because His chauffeur is the Pope!!"

Give me a sense of humour, Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke, to extract a 'lighter' view from the things happening around us, and then, to derive joy from passing it on to other folks.

Edited by C T
  • Like 14

The thread has disappeared again.

It is not polite to laugh at folks, but I am human, and I am failing miserably in this case...

tumblr_mg3f9e9arT1s2vvslo1_400.gif

• Like 2

His driver's the Pope! That's funny!

Thank you. I'm all for more humor in the world!!

RC

PS the Swiss leader giving the utterly somber speech about humor is pretty funny too, in a sort of inverted way!

Edited by redcairo

I don't have any jokes at the moment, but I could mention that I just recently ran across a video on youtube that was a song my friends and I loved a million years ago:

Cows With Guns

RC

• Like 2

A quick lesson on minding my own business

I was walking past a mental hospital the other day... 

As I passed the high fences, there was a lot of din and shouts of 13... 13... 13!

Since the fencing was too high there was no chance of looking over it, but then i chanced upon a gap 

between the wooden planks. Overcame with curiosity, I decided to have a little peep to see what all the 

din was about.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain and immediately reeled back, realising that I had been poked in the eye with a stick. 

Just as the shock and pain began to turn to annoyance, concerted voices began chanting 14... 14... 14.....

(copied from a fb post)

• Like 2