Sign in to follow this  
mantis

opiate like being

well, this is strange. in the past i used to mess around with prescription pain killers (namely percocet and vicodin) and after a small session of cultivation today i feel as if though i've taken a rather large dose of pain killers. my legs are asleep as i type this but i don't mind although it obviously hurts. music is sounding really good, i don't think i'm unbalanced however i think? i circled the energy into the belly button after i finished.

oh my god i completely lost sensation in my right foot. it felt like it was on a cloud when i put it on the floor. have any of you had any of these type of experiences before?

Just what kind of cultivation are you doing? I'm an old fart and have bad knees, back etc. I discovered that if you're not aligned properly, all sorts of aches and pains will creep up on you. If you're doing any of the standing forms, make sure you're aligned properly. I know you don't have a teacher; what kind of reference or instruction are you working from? If you're watching some guy on UTube, he or she may have years of experience and a well toned, supple body. Like me, you're a beginner, start with the basics and stick with them for a good long while. One thing I've learned from all the Bums here is that this is a process that will take all of this lifetime and that it can't be rushed.

well, this is strange. in the past i used to mess around with prescription pain killers (namely percocet and vicodin) and after a small session of cultivation today i feel as if though i've taken a rather large dose of pain killers. my legs are asleep as i type this but i don't mind although it obviously hurts. music is sounding really good, i don't think i'm unbalanced however i think? i circled the energy into the belly button after i finished.

oh my god i completely lost sensation in my right foot. it felt like it was on a cloud when i put it on the floor. have any of you had any of these type of experiences before?

I know what you're talking about. Cultivation leads to a lot of states. At some point those states have as much or more intensity than states created by drugs, and the opiates can mimic those states. In one sense, those states have a different quality than those created by drugs, in that they don't necessarily lead to degradation of health, and often quite the opposite is the case. Who knows, maybe drugs lead to wonderful things from time to time, but it doesn't seem to be most people's experience. In another sense, the two feelings aren't different at all, since they are both states.

Maybe not everyone on the board has had experience with both opiates and meditation, but I bet many of the cultivators on here can relate to what you're talking about.

That is caused by the fish oil. It has a definite physiological effect, it raises dopamine. Opiates also raise dopamine.

The fish oil doesn't exactly cause those types of states, but it makes entering into them much, much easier

ah i see. eric23, my leg was asleep because i was laying on it for so long without even noticing it was asleep.

ah i see. eric23, my leg was asleep because i was laying on it for so long without even noticing it was asleep.

same thing happened to my brrain

Paul I hope you know Mantis well enough to allow him to sleep on yr brain-

I realize yr too old to ask yr mom if you can have a sleep-over date but be advised... numbing ones' brain can become as adictive as any opiate ...

I had a dream a few nights ago where-in I did a sort of "I am one with everything meditation" and I had an instantanious rush of feelings that were very much akin to being opiated - & I'm talking Thai-pure/dream-land bye bye for now high...

more intense than most of my meditative highs-tho not all of them...

But when it was over -oh so very quickly... I had the feeling/thought that my "being all with one" as a philosophy had become a sometime thing and the dream was telling me to try to make it more permanent...

The best way I know to do that is continued meditation on being one with all... I shall report back later if I can carry this forward to some lasting & affective state...

But since I am now working in a deli- (cutting/slicing meat for customers much of the time) -it is kind of hypocritical of me to try so very hard in that effort.... It is the only job I was offered and had to take it ...

Ironic NO?!

Mantis, could it be that your practice is giving your body the opportunity to go back and process residual effects of having taken lots of prescription painkillers? I think the ways we poison our body stay with us until a different something (practice, diet, whatever) comes along and sparks detoxification. Detoxification can feel like taking the drugs all over again.

Paul I hope you know Mantis well enough to allow him to sleep on yr brain-

I realize yr too old to ask yr mom if you can have a sleep-over date but be advised... numbing ones' brain can become as adictive as any opiate ...

I had a dream a few nights ago where-in I did a sort of "I am one with everything meditation" and I had an instantanious rush of feelings that were very much akin to being opiated - & I'm talking Thai-pure/dream-land bye bye for now high...

more intense than most of my meditative highs-tho not all of them...

But when it was over -oh so very quickly... I had the feeling/thought that my "being all with one" as a philosophy had become a sometime thing and the dream was telling me to try to make it more permanent...

The best way I know to do that is continued meditation on being one with all... I shall report back later if I can carry this forward to some lasting & affective state...

But since I am now working in a deli- (cutting/slicing meat for customers much of the time) -it is kind of hypocritical of me to try so very hard in that effort.... It is the only job I was offered and had to take it ...

Ironic NO?!

it is good to be employed and function in the world,

as you know, wayfarer, all work can be a "way"

in the opiate of this myasmic world, is is good to keep ones feet on the ground,

peace,

paul

Thank you for yr kind thoughts Paul.

I am pretty well-grounded for the most part. Sometimes even well-rooted as I note in another thread here. I am happy to have the work to do, helping others enjoy this world as they see fit to do. I only think that if I hope to maintain a sense of being "one with all" slicing up the remains of my fellow creatures is a difficult way to feel the oneness...I am able to deal with it - but find myself asking forgiveness from these creatures quite often- mostly when I am forced to throw so much away do to corporate policy...

I see it as very ironic as I make my way...-

Peace my friend and I hope you are feeling well these days !

Mantis, could it be that your practice is giving your body the opportunity to go back and process residual effects of having taken lots of prescription painkillers? I think the ways we poison our body stay with us until a different something (practice, diet, whatever) comes along and sparks detoxification. Detoxification can feel like taking the drugs all over again.

Yes !

the problem is i feel it any time i do anything sexual, it's like a warm comfortable feeling in your body.

It's the fish oil. If you don't believe me, go off the fish oil for a couple weeks. At the end of those two weeks see if this is still happening. Then start up the fish oil again and at the end of two weeks see if it has come back. It's the high dopamine from fish oil.

Sign in to follow this