Unseen_Abilities

People are threated by people who are Individuals

People are threatened by everything that is not in accordance with there internal structure. Don't get hung up on it. Just another trap.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 5

But unseen abilities are threatening. One never knows what this person with these abilities will be doing next. Security shot to hell.

• Like 1

Ever heard the saying: "The map is not the territory"? The story goes(short version) some general wanted an accurate map made of the surrounding territory so he could defend it better. He got the best map maker draw up a map. After the map was done the general the was still not happy he wanted more detail. So the made a bigger map with more detail. Still the General was not happy he wanted even more detail. So they made another bigger map this time the map filled the entire room. Still The map was too small to contain every detail of the actual territory. For the map to be exact it would have to have been the same size as the actual area meaning for it to be perfect it would have to be the territory itself.

We each have a map of our world/existence things we believe to be true. This map keeps growing as you grow things are always being added and removed based on your experiences. No two people have the same map. This map is the most important thing we have as it details our very existence and lives. We make all our decisions based on this map.

So when someone says something that contradicts with our own maps we feel threatened (Do I have the wrong information on my map?) having the map wrong could be disastrous as we make our decisions based on it.

That is also why when we turn out to be correct in the end we feel happy and relieved and have that urge to say "I told you so!" as your map had proved to be correct validating your decisions and existence reinforcing your trust in your map.

No one has a perfect map.

Edited by Felcor
  • Like 5

No one has a perfect map.

Ahh, thats great news!

That means we are all oozing with potential!! Yay!!!! :wub:

• Like 3

"threatened" is the kind of word that is used by people who feel threatend i.e. inferior, for myriad reasons.

There are plenty of people who feel intrigued and curious and inspired by their non-conforming fellow humans.

• Like 2

backpacker axiom #9

freedom begins when we throw the map away :)

still.. gotta peek every now and then.

• Like 5

I stand on the hose.

One time a detested boss tripped over her cat at home and was off work with a broken leg.

Her staff sent a Thank You card , to the cat.

The same staffroom often speculated on what the final words of that hated boss should be and someone came up with her gasping...

" Take your foot off my oxygen tube."

To which the consensus response was...

" No!"

:)

• Like 1

All bosses are OK.

Right up to, but seldom beyond the point; where they say " No".

We've had some real doozies in the past.

Recently not so bad or maybe I'm just mellowing.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

All bosses are OK.

Right up to, but seldom beyond the point; where they say " No".

We've had some real doozies in the past.

Recently not so bad or maybe I'm just mellowing.

As a former boss. Thank you.

<its not easy stepping on the little people each day ;)>

• Like 2

It's an on topic point too.

Back in the old days we had more bosses who seemed to feel threatened by staff who showed initiative or were ambitious for promotion ( I am a teacher).

All our managers were promoted teachers and career teachers aren't necessarily good workplace managers of adults.

A few years ago they began recruiting trained managers who hadn't been teachers.

Management was their career.

Those are the best kind, they get job done.

Edited by GrandmasterP

"threatened" is the kind of word that is used by people who feel threatend i.e. inferior, for myriad reasons.

What makes you say that? I think I understand (intuitively) what you mean, but it is by no means absolute.

• Like 1

What makes you say that? I think I understand (intuitively) what you mean, but it is by no means absolute.

hmmm, there's one mistake in my statement, which I noticed when I saw it in your quote - it was supposed to be an e.g. and not an i.e., which lessens the absolute element somewhat, but too late to change it now.

Other than that, I'm not sure how to expand on the thought, other than to soften it with some qualifying langauge (but then that would defeat the purpose, which is why I left it out of the text in the first place).

• Like 1

People who think for themselves are less controllable.

Free thinkers are considered dangerous, as they have the ability to bring about great change, in opposition to the status quo.

Edited by idiot_stimpy
  • Like 4

I never meant to threaten anyone with my individualistic posts on this The Tao Bums forum.

Luv yewwww <3

:D

Which posts? Can I have a look?

Speaking of threatening:

I was doing a little stuff outside and moving from the back to the front and my neighbor's dogs were barking at something or someone. The trash man had just left my place so I went out to the curb to recover my trash can and there across the street were three dogs on the loose, one small dog, one average sized and one mean looking bulldog. The bulldog saw me and came charging. I hollered at it in my strong military voice and it hesitated for a fraction of a second but kept coming, barking and growling. I hollered out one more time, using the word "No!" and it stopped dead, turned around and took off. Of course, as it was charging I grabbed my trash can and all I can say is that the dog was fortunate it stopped its charge else it would have been rolling down the street.

• Like 4

It is interesting to be experiencing this phenomenon that other people have spoken of, written of, played songs about, and so on.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 1